The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    TARDIS egg box interior.
    TARDIS egg box interior.
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  Blake's 7
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Blake's 7 Views: 4174
     Wednesday, August 31 2005 @ 10:46 AM EDT
    Ten things to love about Blake's 7:
    1- Avon (the man not the make-up)
    2- Any dialog that Avon says
    3- The costumes
    4- Servalan
    5- The Federation
    6- Travis
    7- Anything Jacqueline Pearce wears
    8- The music
    9- Finales (season or otherwise)
    10- The weapons

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, August 31 2005 @ 07:21 PM EDT
    Ah, I love Blake's 7, too. Haven't seen it in ages. Here is another show that the Sci Fi channel could show and make lots of sci fi fans happy rather than the drek they tend to show.

I am with you on Avon, love Avon, always loved Avon. Not overly fond of Servalan, cool evil character, but I am much more interested in Avon any day Twisted Evil

Anyone know if they have DVDs of the show that work on an American DVD player? Never seen them anywhere even on my trips to strange and interesting stores in Manhattan.

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, September 02 2005 @ 10:55 PM EDT

Unfortunately, there are no region 1, NTSC (for North America) DVDs of the series available at this time. It is ironic, because it was announced long before the region 1 Doctor Who DVDs came out that they were to release the Blake's 7 series on region 1 DVDs, but alas, it has yet to happen. We all thought at the time we would be getting Blake's 7 discs in North America before even Doctor Who. Hopefully, they will show up as region 1 discs soon.

Though you still can get the region 2 PAL (UK) discs and simply play them on your computer instead of your stand-alone DVD player. You can use a software player called VLC to play them on either Mac or Windows machines (see the links section of web site to a link to the VLC site where you can download the software).

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Friday, September 09 2005 @ 09:04 PM EDT
    Hey everyone, I'm a long-time B7 fan from Australia. I co-host a pop-culture/sci-fi podcast, (Cool) Shite on the Tube and our most recent show, posted September 04, is devoted to Firefly/Serenity and Blake's 7.

Download the show [26.2 MB] and let us know what you think!
    (WARNING: We use bad, bad language and are not afraid to have a laugh - our podcasts are for mature audiences only).

...I'm that sort of a man.

Tuesday, September 13 2005 @ 08:53 AM EDT
    Great stuff Chris! Louis, James and myself talk about your show in Podcast #6. Long live the Federation!

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"

Wednesday, September 14 2005 @ 12:19 AM EDT
    Hi all,

I am a Blake's 7 fan also. I was able to watch it in the late 90's on San Jose, CA's public television station and really enjoyed it. So much so that I purchased Series 1 on DVD from Ebay UK and play it on a region free dvd player. It is always nice to see others that like somewhat obscure (well not mainstream) sci-fi!

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, September 14 2005 @ 08:29 AM EDT
    Region free DVD players are our friend--LOL I have the first 3 seasons on region 2 DVD and I have to tell you I love them all. Very well done. The remastering and extras are top notch. I'm a little disappointed with the commentary tracks. Sometimes the actors dont have much to say. On some DVDs they add a host on the commentary track to guide the conversation. I think the B7 DVD's would have benefited from someone to spark the memories of the cast.
    Blake's 7 is another example of a U.S. company missing the boat. Why are they not available in region 1???
    If you get the chance, pick up season 3 in the deluxe package. It's the same price and comes with a Corgi mini Liberator!

Wednesday, September 14 2005 @ 11:17 PM EDT
    Thanks for the suggestion! I need to get series 2 first but I will look into it. I have had the good fortune to watch a few British SciFi/Fantasy shows. I have also just recently watch the pilot episode of Strange which was very interesting. I have just seen advertisments on Ebay UK and Amazon UK about a show from the 80s or 90's called Jupiter Moon that I am looking into.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, September 15 2005 @ 02:03 AM EDT

By the way, if you don't have a region free DVD player, there's another option... if your computer has a DVD drive (if it can play DVDs), you can use a utility called the VLC player to play any region DVD on your computer without any hassles. The software is free and works on various different platforms including Mac and Windows. The link to the software in our Links section in the Tech category. James had mentioned this utility in a previous episode of Podshock. I use it all the time to view divx encoded video, I haven't tried DVDs yet, but I trust James.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, September 15 2005 @ 11:08 AM EDT
    Hey guys, anyone have a recommendation if I want to buy an no code DVD player? Thinking about it, just wondering who has what and whether there are any issues with them. I have a brand new tv with lots of hook up options, so any machine should work with it.

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, September 16 2005 @ 10:26 PM EDT
    There is a good website related to all video and they have a player comparison with people's comments added. You can find it at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, November 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM EST
    Well I got my region free dvd player and it is so very cool. And am now picking up all the lovely dvds I can't get here. Just got the first season of Blakes 7 from 10th Planet. It is very cool that they have sent me an autographed copy, just wish I could figure out who signed it. Ken, want to give me some help deciphering the signature?

Only I won't get to watch it until next week cause I am off to San Diego tomorrow. I know I am going to have to get all the seasons on dvd after I watch this one. Ah, so nice to see the good old show again.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, November 22 2005 @ 09:51 PM EST
    I also love Blake's 7. Avon was an excellent character, well played by Paul Darrow.

As I was ordering the Series One (Doctor Who) from Amazon.uk, I noticed that the three box sets of Blake's 7 DVDs in my "Save For Later" section had a price drop. The price was even lower as I checked out. Maybe now that I ordered the region 2 discs, they will announce the release of the region 1 discs??? Smile

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, November 22 2005 @ 10:58 PM EST
    I love Avon too. My favorite character for certain.

It would be nice if they released it in region 1 format, but I am not counting on it. The show never got much attention here. Showed on public tv and not repeated a lot at all. Far to dark a show to really appeal to large audiences here. The ending alone pretty much dooms it for most American audiences. I love the ending though, so appropriate for the show.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 23 2005 @ 12:13 AM EST
    I recently bought a Philips DVP642 for $60 at WalMart.

I bought it because it plays DivX and MPG4 formats.

I've successfully been able to watch downloaded Doctor Who episodes I've burned to DVD, quite nicely on my TV because of this machine.

But as an extra bonus I discovered it's Region Free if you know the codes.

Turn it on with no DVD in the tray. Push 789 on the remote, and a hand will appear. Then type the region you want (0 for region free).

I have tested it with a R2 Earthshock DVD I bought on eBay last year (when I had another region free player which died on mey a week later.)

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored