The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Careful Doctor, it's a Satan's Pit out there!
    Careful Doctor, it's a Satan's Pit out there!
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  Heroes
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Heroes Views: 8636
     Monday, February 26 2007 @ 09:44 AM EST
    Tonight on Heroes: Eric Roberts begins his story arc!

I forget: does he fit into the Taras Canon?

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 26 2007 @ 10:12 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] Tonight on Heroes: Eric Roberts begins his story arc!

I forget: does he fit into the Taras Canon?

As the DVD of 'The Movie' has been released in the UK then yes but as it hasn't in the US then no!

Confused

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 26 2007 @ 03:42 PM EST

Anyone catch the identity of the bus driver in last week's episode? (19 Feb, "Unexpected") Glad to see him give the show a nod...

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 01:35 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  rocko]
    Anyone catch the identity of the bus driver in last week's episode? (19 Feb, "Unexpected") Glad to see him give the show a nod...
    Yeah that was awesome.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 01:51 AM EST
    OH
    MY
    GOD!

This week's episode, "Company Men", was maybe the best ever. Satisfying movement on the plot, heavy on Eccleston, nifty revelations about Takei's character, and a nice, controlled turn by Eric Roberts that made ya think "Oh, so that's the Master!"

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 03:03 AM EST
    i don't see whats so Special that show.

these day's everything feels like a rip off of lost.

or a rip off of heroes

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 08:31 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] OH
    MY
    GOD!

This week's episode, "Company Men", was maybe the best ever. Satisfying movement on the plot, heavy on Eccleston, nifty revelations about Takei's character, and a nice, controlled turn by Eric Roberts that made ya think "Oh, so that's the Master!"

You aren't kiddin'! I did miss that the episode did not further the story of any other characters (besides Claire and Matt Parkman - oh, and Claude - cannot forget Claude and the Haitian). But what a stellar and incredibly tight episode - especially the noble sacrifice at the end!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 11:54 AM EST
    It was because of this thread here that I started watching Heroes - thanks, guys!

C.E.'s character this week gets a bit more "fleshy" - and for once, I actually enjoyed the work that Eric Roberts did. He's one of those actors I could not stand (along with Bruce Willis and William Shatner) in ANYTHING that he did. But, he seems to have finally taken some acting lessons from his sister and applied them well.

Ciotka Judi, The Polish Blonde

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] OH
    MY
    GOD!

You aren't kiddin'! I did miss that the episode did not further the story of any other characters (besides Claire and Matt Parkman - oh, and Claude - cannot forget Claude and the Haitian). But what a stellar and incredibly tight episode - especially the noble sacrifice at the end!
    Well, dunno that the range of characters affected tonight was so limited as you believe. Hiro, for a start, was directly affected by the episode, and he wasn't even in it. And really, since the episode detailed some foundational events in the past, since it was squarely a "Mr. Bennett" episode, all characters will ultimately be affected by the revelations of the evening.

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 12:29 AM EST

Tuesday, February 27 2007 @ 11:43 PM EST

So how many of you out there watched our very own Christopher Eccleston and the infamous Eric Roberts (aka 'Who movie Master) acting together on NBC's Heroes this past Monday (2/26/07)??? And what did you think? "Fantastic," I say. Not to mention having Star Trek's George Takei (Sulu) in the same scene to boot. The show's practically a Sci-fi con guest panel every week.

Esco aka "The Bachelor"

Louis
    Forum Admin

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 12:11 AM EST

Hey Esco,

You may want to check out this thread on Heroes as I think that discussion is taking place there.

I didn't know George Takei is also on the series as well now. Wow. I am assuming it was only a guest spot cameo or something. Obviously, I haven't been watching the series.

Cheers,
    Louis

The Bachelor

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 12:23 AM EST

Oh great, thanks Louis, sorry I was trying to find where the topic might be being discussed here already. I was just watching this Monday's episode on my DVR and after seeing all these storied actors together on one show, actually in the same scene, together, I thought I was going to explode (no pun relating to the show Heroes intended) if I didn't or couldn't tell someone.

Yes, George Takei has been a somewhat recurring role now. Not to mention a whole slew of other less-renowned "B" list sci-fi related actors/actresses. Last week they also had a brief cameo by Marvel Comics creator/godfather Stan Lee and other frequent Spock/Star Trek references. It's probably only a matter of time (again, no pun intended) until they make some obscure reference to our favorite time lord. It seems the producers of this program are extremely in tune with the Sci-Fi genre and fandom's consciousness so I wouldn't be surprised if they were also 'Who fans as well. They're obviously Eccleston fans.

Esco aka "The Bachelor"

Esco, "The Bachelor" has regenerated into Bullitt33!!!!

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 12:48 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Justice] i don't see whats so Special that show.

or a rip off of heroes

These days I think "Lost" is such a rip-off of the formally good show called "Lost".

Heroes may not be the "best" or most "perfect" show ever (however it's pretty darn close), but at least it brings so much new creativity and ideas to the table for the small screen.

Whoops, sorry, I was just re-reading your quote, what show were you just talking about???

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 01:45 AM EST

Two words:

"Oh, my!" Twisted Evil

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 01:56 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Two words:

"Oh, my!" Twisted Evil

Too, too, too funny.

Kudos.

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 02:56 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  The Bachelor]
    [Quote  by:  Justice] i don't see whats so Special that show.

or a rip off of heroes

These days I think "Lost" is such a rip-off of the formally good show called "Lost".

Heroes may not be the "best" or most "perfect" show ever (however it's pretty darn close), but at least it brings so much new creativity and ideas to the table for the small screen.

Whoops, sorry, I was just re-reading your quote, what show were you just talking about???

i was talking about heroes

i'm starting to think i'm the only person in the world who doesn't like heroes or lost.

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, February 28 2007 @ 03:20 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Justice]

i was talking about heroes

i'm starting to think i'm the only person in the world who doesn't like heroes or lost.

Lost was once a great show, but isn't anymore. Now it just drags along at a horrible pace.

Heroes on the other hand is currently fantastic. I think for many (but surely not all) it's every Sci-Fi fanboy's dream television program come true. A very guilty pleasure, but one that also intrigues and satisfies many no sci-fi geeks as well....

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored