The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    TARDIS Playset
    TARDIS Playset
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  Battlestar Galactica
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Battlestar Galactica Views: 3751
     Tuesday, September 13 2005 @ 10:49 PM EDT
    Is anyone else out there watching this besides me?

I think the remake is brilliant!

I hate those comic books. They never get the eyes right.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, September 13 2005 @ 11:06 PM EDT
    I'm lovin' it! The SECOND best show on Television--LOL

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, September 14 2005 @ 04:05 AM EDT
    I too love the new series and have been watching them religiously! It's been great because it was something to watch while waiting for the new season of Doctor Who and now that has come to past, we have the second season of BG to carry us over making the wait for Christmas Invasion a little easier.

Regardless, the new BG is great. I loved the original, and love this version as well.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Wednesday, September 14 2005 @ 05:01 PM EDT
    The only thing that really is going to bug me is the division in the season coming up in a couple weeks.

They made 20 eps for the second season...but we're only getting 10 now w/the other 10 in January..while the UK gets all 20 in a row next month! Razz

I hate those comic books. They never get the eyes right.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, September 14 2005 @ 05:06 PM EDT
    Looks like we're going to have to pull a "Dr.Who" on them and download early!

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 11:54 AM EST

Big treat tonight, folks. Battlestar Galactica season finale, a 90 minute show.

Hiawatha Bray (Tech writer for the Boston GLobe) saw an early release version, and he gave it a 6 out of 5.

But another reason to watch (for me at least) is they'll be airing a TV spot for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach, the game my company just released last week.

I'm psyched!

And as for today's Podshock discussion, the second trailer for Who aired in the last few minutes of Stargate: Atlantis, not BG. And it aired in the same spot on the second go-round.

So tonight, have your TIVOs ready, it's going to be a great night on SciFi Channel!

Next week, however... ooooooh boy!

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 06:59 PM EST

Ronald D. Moore said that they would be taking some risks in this season finale... So I am expecting the unexpected. But really BSG has pretty much always been that way for the most part.

We will see tonight.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 10:28 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]But another reason to watch (for me at least) is they'll be airing a TV spot for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach, the game my company just released last week.

Nice commercial. Intrigued. Mac version?

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 10:45 PM EST
    No Mac version. Sorry.

Sean.

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 11:33 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    Ronald D. Moore said that they would be taking some risks in this season finale... So I am expecting the unexpected. But really BSG has pretty much always been that way for the most part.

We will see tonight.

What a finale...

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 11:55 PM EST
    With word from a Globe tech writer that this was a 6 out of 5, and that it introduces a new direction, and twists, I actually expected a new direction, and twists.

What we got was a big ball of MEH...

SPOILERS - So please don't read unless you don't mind being spoiled.

Don't know if this will work: (Drag over the text between the brackets to read the spoilers)

[

Look, up until the explosion, it was going fine, I thought.

Then what happens? Baltar wins, they settle the planet, and oh my... the Cylons find them.

Where's the new direction? Where's the twist?

Non-existent.

It looks like they intend to spend next season saving money on CGI so they can base it on a mud-slung planet where the great show reverts to a show about muddy rebels fighting in dirt.

Ugh. I really don't like this much at all.

]

Sean.

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 03:08 AM EST

Wow Sean... Nice work with hiding the spoilers with white text.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you.

Spoiler Warning ~~

(Drag your mouse/cursor over the text between the brackets to read the text)

[ Shortly after the explosion, Baltar falls asleep at his desk... I keep on waiting for him to wake up at the desk to learn the whole planet-side story on New Caprica was just a dream... I know it is lame and Dallas or Dynasty did it years ago... but it beats the one year gap and them mucking in the mud... Sigh. I haven't felt this let down since Galactica: 1980... I could have seen this coming in another 2 or 3 years when the show may have needed a new direction or something... but not while it was in it's stride. That is why I tend to feel they are not going to stick around on New Caprica too long. That is why we skipped ahead a year... most of their stay on this planet is behind them. Somehow the they are going to leave the planet and regroup the fleet and get back to what they were doing before settling on this rock.

]

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, March 12 2006 @ 04:05 PM EST
    I think the new direction is a plesant change.

I felt like the stories were dragging a bit with the whole new cylon every episode and the petty political intrigue. Now there is soooo many more places to go with them as well as keep with the old themes. I think this is a bold step and (Highlight Spolier)as for the ball of dirt philosophy don't forget that they are not all on the planet! Galatica and Pegasus can have many a wild space romp ahead.

Just my humble opinion.

That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Aeons Even Death May Die.

Monday, March 13 2006 @ 12:41 AM EST
    Ronald Moore and David Eick were pretty ballsy with their remake of the show at the beginning (Starbuck is female, Boomer a Cyclon) and this is just another ballsy move on their part. I prefer to just wait until next year and let them tell their story. So far, it's always been worth the wait.

*****SPOILERS BELOW*******

I'm not going to do the white type thing. Just don't read if you haven't watched it yet.

Also, I just watched the last three episodes back to back so the events discussed may be events leading up to the finale.

The One Year Later thing didn't really bother me much. The time frame of 9 months later from the Cylon's first attack on the Colonies and the events of New Caprica and the Birth of the Cylon baby is what irked me more. I imagined it being longer than that, maybe two years like in real time.

Celebrity Cylons? Lucy Lawless and now Dean Stockwell are Cylons? The Stargate shows have also been picking old Sci-Fi/Fandom Genre shows for actors. Yeah, the actors gotta work too and it really isn't a big deal but if any more show up, I feel it will distract from the story. This probably isn't a problem for most viewers, I imagine. Probably just me.

This might be resolved next season but what happened to the offer put forward by the Dean Stockwell Cylon? Maybe I'll go watch it again but wasn't he saying the Cylons made a mistake and were offering a truce of sorts? I guess the humans didn't take it since perhaps they really did thrown those two Cylons in the brig out the airlock. And yet one year later, the Cyclons arrive at New Caprica (I guess the Cylons were not giving up the old Caprica).

THEORIES FOR NEXT SEASON:

Perhaps the Cylons that arrived at New Caprica were NOT an attack force? We saw with the Number 6 Cylon and the Sharon Cylon, that there can be a Civil War brewing within the Cylon society. Perhaps the Cylons arriving at New Caprica were refugees like the Galactica fleet? (The individuals with some love for the human race vs. the hardline dogma Cyclons lead by the Lucy Lawless type Cylons, hence her expanded role next season). Perhaps we'll see more of the Cylons and Humans moving toward the center to co-existing for peace? (As symbolized by the half human/half Cylon baby). These co-existing Cylons are in contrast to the statement put out by the Dean Stockwell Cylon that the Cylons realized that it was a mistake to emulate the Humans and should have just existed apart from the Humans.

LONG TERM THEORIES:

Who knows how long this series will last but I see it eventually ending with the Cylons and Humans learning to co-exist. Since Religion plays such a prominent role in the show, isn't it a metaphor for the only solution in real life with so many different religions and people? Or maybe I'm just thinking WAY too much on this?? LOL

Another crazy idea from the events with their clues to Earth and Athena's Arrow storyline from a while back: Perhaps those Zodiac star patterns were not the position they needed to be in the galaxy but rather a time from the past? The star patterns shift over time and perhaps the star patterns they saw in the clues were how Caprica would have saw them thousands of years back? In short, Caprica is Earth. The search for Earth and the 13th colony is the return to their past (not physically) and Caprica rather than running from it? The search for one's self, past, and place in the galaxy. That would explain why so many of the fashions, props, and names are so similar to Earth's. It's a journey of self, not a trip thru the stars.

Anyway, my crazy thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Monday, March 13 2006 @ 01:43 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  atomic99] ...

*****SPOILERS BELOW*******

I'm not going to do the white type thing. Just don't read if you haven't watched it yet.

Celebrity Cyclons? Lucy Lawless and now Dean Stockwell are Cyclons? The Stargate shows have also been picking old Sci-Fi/Fandom Genre shows for actors. Yeah, the actors gotta work too and it really isn't a big deal but if any more show up, I feel it will distract from the story. This probably isn't a problem for most viewers, I imagine. Probably just me.

I find this actually a bit reminiscent to the original Battlestar Galactica that used actors which at that time had been known for other genre work such as John Colicos (Baltar, formerly known for his work as Kor in the original Star Trek series), and Jonathan Harris (voice of Lucifer, formerly known for his work as Dr. Smith in Lost in Space), and Patrick Macnee as both the voice of the Imperious Leader and the part of Count Iblis (previously known for his work as Mr. Steed in The Avengers), and perhaps a bit of stretch, but Anne Lockhart who played Sheba was known to science fiction fans as the daughter of June Lockhart (of Lost in Space). And of course, while not known for any 'genre work' we had Rick Springfield as Zac in the original pilot movie.

In a sense, I just see the revisioned series falling in the same tradition of the original... from the very point when they got Richard Hatch on board the series.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how the series may pan out from here. We will wait and see. I feel that... or perhaps I just hope that they can't stay planet-bound too long... thinking that perhaps within six or so episodes of the next season, they will be back as a fleet in space again in search of Earth.

Or go the Dallas way since we saw Baltar fall asleep at his desk... have him wake up only to discover this whole affair was just a premonition in a form of a dream... Twisted Evil LOL

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic