The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 37
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 37
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Where's Podshock 62?
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Where's Podshock 62? Views: 1763
     Friday, January 12 2007 @ 12:09 AM EST
    Hello. You may know me from such websites as The History of Tom Baker's Scarves. I need my fix. I'm having to listen to old shows as I don't have any fresh material at work. Please don't be afraid to do an 8 hour podcast as I need something to occupy me during the day as I listen to iTunes. Many thanks.
    Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 01:35 AM EST

Episodes 62 and 63 are recorded... I just need a block of time to complete the post production on each and get them out. Most likely this will happen over the weekend.

I apologize for the long delays. If only my paying job didn't take up so much of my time... Sigh.

Yes, I have been to the web site... great stuff.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 03:57 AM EST
    Could you not put out the odd Podshock without the post production - or at least a reduced post production? Maybe on this occasion don't bother with the enhancements just make the 'cuts'?

Personally I'd rather have a rougher round the edges Podshock if we could get it quicker rather than an infrequent polished one that (news wise at least) is out of date.

Just my two pennies - what do others think?

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 07:58 AM EST
    I wonder if AfterShocks might be resurrected. Perhaps we could put the news in post-production-non-intensive AfterShocks and leave the main podcast for (relatively) time-insensitive material.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 08:29 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] I wonder if AfterShocks might be resurrected. Perhaps we could put the news in post-production-non-intensive AfterShocks and leave the main podcast for (relatively) time-insensitive material.

I think that is a very good idea DarthSkeptical - that way we could have an AfterShock of the news (a NewsShock?) soon after the guys have recorded the Podshock so it's current. A full Podshock with the other content could then follow as per Louis' schedule?

What do you think guys?

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 11:23 AM EST
    I'm all for the Aftershocks. They don't even need to be fully enhanced, just put links into the show notes.
    P.S. Tom Baker's 20 foot multicolored last worn in Shada now resides in New York State. Click here for pics from Chris Brimelow.

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 11:58 AM EST

Actually, the idea about complementing the regular Podshock episodes with shorter Aftershock episodes to keep the news up to date is one which I have had in my mind for quite a while now. The catch-22 is that it is foremost in my mind during times like now when I get backlogged in post-production of the regular Podshock episodes... and it is during this time when that idea is most prevalent in my mind is when I also feel that if I take any time to do any other podcasts it is only going to delay the recorded backed up Podshock episodes even further. I rather devote the time to getting the episodes already 'in the can' out.

That being said, what I really would like to do is start the process of regular Aftershock episodes in between Podshock episodes after we are all caught up.

So after we are caught up with the regular Podshock episodes we will go forward with regular Aftershock episodes in between to keep the news up to date at least.

Believe me, it is very frustrating for myself to have these episodes delayed. I want to get them out ASAP as well.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM EST

P.S. -
    If it is any consolation, episode 63 is a long one... Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

P.S. -
    If it is any consolation, episode 63 is a long one... Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Yay! A 4 hour omnibus!

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 01:00 PM EST
    so since the podshocks are so late, can we get a teaser about what the big news was regarding the podcast in 2007 that was hinted at in 61?

Heath Holland

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 01:32 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  hdutch007] so since the podshocks are so late, can we get a teaser about what the big news was regarding the podcast in 2007 that was hinted at in 61?

Yes, Louis was going to announce that in future all Podshocks are going to be longer in length and with much longer periods in between the releases Razz

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Episodes 62 and 63 are recorded... I just need a block of time to complete the post production on each and get them out. Most likely this will happen over the weekend.

I apologize for the long delays. If only my paying job didn't take up so much of my time... Sigh.

Yes, I have been to the web site... great stuff.

Cheers,
    Louis

But you're a Hero Louis - can't you bend Time and Space around you to get it sorted - or I'm I thinking of a different show Wink

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM EST

So in one fell swoop, Louis has angered both sets of subscribers, those who want "More Podshock, More Often" and those who want "Shorter Podshocks".

If you can't please everyone, then please no one! Twisted Evil

Louis, watch out for those two mobs. If you are careful, you can set them against each other and sneak away unscathed. Or just keep hiding behind your work obligations... they'll never find you behind that to-do list!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    So in one fell swoop, Louis has angered both sets of subscribers, those who want "More Podshock, More Often" and those who want "Shorter Podshocks".

If you can't please everyone, then please no one! Twisted Evil

LOL -- Yeah I know... I just love the attention though. Twisted Evil

Friday, January 12 2007 @ 07:39 PM EST
    Louis, have you written a post to explain to your fans what it takes to make an episode? I'm curious as to what's done in "post production." If this already exists in the forums, can you put up a link. And I agree: I'm anxious to hear what you guys thought of The Runaway Bride and all the other great Doctor Who news that's come out since Dec. 24th.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored