The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Talking Doctor and K9
    Talking Doctor and K9
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 40498
     Monday, January 14 2008 @ 06:24 AM EST
    Sorry I couldnt say lastnight. REALLY wanted to come on and talk about Doc 8 but real life got in the way.

it was by far a good show with out me though Smile

I did an 8th Doctor show... ill post the link on the Tin Dog general chat bit.

Click here to hear

Guest Host on the WHOCAST
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, January 14 2008 @ 10:10 AM EST

Louis, Ken & James (and all) - when the LIVE Podshock of the Tenth Doctor has been done - set for 10th Feb '08 - how about an episode on the 'Tardis' itself?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 02:38 AM EST
    Hi there.

I always forget about tuning to the live shows as they are happening. I'm just used to listening to the shows on my iPod. However, I wish that I had remembered about the 8th Doctor show because I have a lot of information about the U.S. broadcast.

Also, it turns out that a friend of a friend of mine owns the McGann TARDIS console. No kidding. He is in the entertainment industry like myself and he was friends with the designer who decided a couple of years ago that he couldn't afford to keep the set piece in storage any longer, so this guy paid to have the movie's TARDIS console shipped to his house to go along with his Dalek and Cyberman original props.

If someone can tell me how to post an image to the forum then I can post the picture for you.

-Derek

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 07:14 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  DerekInLA] Hi there.

I always forget about tuning to the live shows as they are happening. I'm just used to listening to the shows on my iPod. However, I wish that I had remembered about the 8th Doctor show because I have a lot of information about the U.S. broadcast.

Also, it turns out that a friend of a friend of mine owns the McGann TARDIS console. No kidding. He is in the entertainment industry like myself and he was friends with the designer who decided a couple of years ago that he couldn't afford to keep the set piece in storage any longer, so this guy paid to have the movie's TARDIS console shipped to his house to go along with his Dalek and Cyberman original props.

If someone can tell me how to post an image to the forum then I can post the picture for you.

-Derek

That is a pity - we needed more input on that show.

And pictures of the console would be great both in a thread in the Eight Doctor section of the Forum AND in the site's Media Gallery.

In fact Uploading to the Media Gallery would be the easiest as you can upload from your PC

The other method is to join say a PhotoBucket site and upload to that - then link to here. (size limits are 1024x768 for free use I think)

Or is there a better way - Louis?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM EST
    I just uploaded the picture into the miscellaneous folder. It said that it was in the "moderation queue" so I don't know when it will appear. Where would you like me to post the details about the U.S. broadcast that I have?

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  DerekInLA] Where would you like me to post the details about the U.S. broadcast that I have?

That's your choice but I guess you could start a new thread with in in this section:-

The Paul McGann Era

Cheers, daveac

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    how about an episode on the 'Tardis' itself?

Neat. I second that idea!

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 02:46 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  DerekInLA] I just uploaded the picture into the miscellaneous folder. It said that it was in the "moderation queue" so I don't know when it will appear. Where would you like me to post the details about the U.S. broadcast that I have?

Thanks for the heads-up on the queue. It has been approved now. Looks like a great photo, thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Wednesday, January 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM EST
    I just created a thread in the Paul McGann section that has the information I mentioned. This should be the direct URL: http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=10&showtopic=19878

Friday, January 25 2008 @ 05:30 AM EST
    hopefully i will be there this sunday. really looking forward to it.

Saturday, January 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM EST
    Sunday will be the first time for me listening to the podcast live. For the past few weeks I have been listening to the Podcast on my Ipod I got for christmas. It is going to be a good topic also. Good Luck.

Remember Me To Gallifrey!! Be sure to check Out the Phase Abandon Podcast on TalkShoe.com

Monday, February 04 2008 @ 06:53 PM EST

Podshock Live for week ending Feb 2nd 2008 - listed as 27th - in the Top Live Participants shows.

Well Done Podshock callers!

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, February 05 2008 @ 02:45 AM EST
    Sorry guys but I wont be able to join you this weekend. as I will be away.

so... here is my input...

"Ditto"

cheers.. have a great show

Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 03:44 AM EDT
    Hi All, is there a live podcast this Sunday? I'm hoping to participate vocally this time (after months of very enjoyable listening), can anyone confirm if the microphone in the current Imac is good enough for the job?

cheers,
    Graham

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 08:35 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  gjb325] Hi All, is there a live podcast this Sunday? I'm hoping to participate vocally this time (after months of very enjoyable listening), can anyone confirm if the microphone in the current Imac is good enough for the job?

cheers,
    Graham

Unfortunately, this weekend is also the same weekend in which we are appearing live at I-CON. So we are doing a show in front of a live audience there. There was some thought of also doing it live over the net, but I don't think it would be feasible to do technically given the set up at Stony Brook where I-CON is taking place.

So we had to push the live show over the net to the following weekend. We will do two short shows covering episodes 1 and 2 of the 2008 series geared to the UK audience and those elsewhere that are able to see the episode. Next month, after it shows in North America, we can do another half show for US audiences. The two then will be merged into one before it goes out.

It's kludgy, I know. It would be far better if the transmission dates were closer together in the UK and US... but we are trying to cater to both fans this way the best we can.

So at this point, it is set for the 13th of April.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic