The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Yet More Collectors Plates
    Yet More Collectors Plates
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 37648
     Monday, May 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    PodShock moving up the TalkShoe rankings -

Week ending 19th April - listed at Number 16 in the top 100 'Live Participants'

Cheers, daveac

Week ending 10th of May we went up one place to No. 15 - and that doesn't include Sundays show which had around 50 people logged in!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 03:10 PM EDT

Perhaps on Sunday Louis we could have a two-part Podshock?

Part 1 - talk about the US two-parter TSS & TPS

Part 2 - What will Steven Moffat mean to Doctor Who

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM EDT
    Perhaps on Sunday Louis we could have a two-part Podshock?

Part 1 - talk about the US two-parter TSS & TPS

Part 2 - What will Steven Moffat mean to Doctor Who

Cheers, daveac

The Poison Sky airs on May 30! I think it be better to discuss the EuroVision song contest Wink

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, May 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM EDT

No live shows this weekend. Enjoy the holiday weekend for those whom it applies. I will try to do some post-production work since we are far behind in getting Doctor Who: Podshock episodes out on the main feeds.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Friday, May 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

No live shows this weekend. Enjoy the holiday weekend for those whom it applies. I will try to do some post-production work since we are far behind in getting Doctor Who: Podshock episodes out on the main feeds.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thanks for posting that.

Maybe West can run a Sunday CIA

Cheers, daveac

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 05:06 AM EDT
    ok... im confused about what is happening to the feeds...

at the moment there is

1) main feed
    2) Live ie just been recorded via talkshoe feed

but as I understand it there will be

1)main feed - for studio shows
    2)Live feed ir just been recorded from talk shoe
    3) live feed edited version
    4)Podshock unbound live
    5)Podshock unbound studio

(and 6 if you count jump the pod)

is this right?

Somewhere the tea is getting cold
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Gabriel Chase] ok... im confused about what is happening to the feeds...

at the moment there is

1) main feed
    2) Live ie just been recorded via talkshoe feed

but as I understand it there will be

1)main feed - for studio shows
    2)Live feed ir just been recorded from talk shoe
    3) live feed edited version
    4)Podshock unbound live
    5)Podshock unbound studio

(and 6 if you count jump the pod)

is this right?

It can be confusing... I have to remind myself what feed will be what at times. This is what is being planned at this time:

1) Main Feed - Enhanced Podcasts (studio and limited live review shows)

2) Main Feed - Plain MP3 podcasts (studio and limited live review shows)

3) Doctor Who: Podshock Unbound (live open topic shows)

4) Video Feed - Video podcasts (coming soon)

5) Doctor Who: Podshock Live (raw unedited live review shows only)

The "live review shows" are the live over-the-net podcasts in which review the new episodes as they are transmitted. They will be limited to 14 per year (as per the BBC), actually next year only 4 or 5 since it will not be a full series in 2009.

As for number 5 - the raw unedited live review shows only feed this will serve the same purpose it serves today, it will enable people to get the live review shows immediately as they are recorded. They will be raw and unedited. It is essentially only for those that don't want to wait for the finished episode to appear on the main feeds.

Doctor Who: Podshock Unbound is going to be "unedited and raw" as well. These will simply go out as they are recorded. I don't want to take post-production time away from the main feed shows for this spin-off podcast. This podcast is really for those that enjoy the live over the net format and want to listen to and/or participate on it. It will be a regular weekly one hour show.

The video podcast will be just that, but it won't have any of the audio shows on the feed and there will be no set schedule when there will be a video episode.

So basically the 3 audio feeds we have now, will expand to 4. Then we will also be adding a video feed, bringing the total podcast feeds to 5. But the 2 main feeds will be identical except for the format (AAC Enhanced Podcast on one and plain MP3 on the other). So people will either subscribe to one or the other, but not both.

I hope that clears things up a bit for everyone including myself.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, June 01 2008 @ 01:59 AM EDT
    Are you guys not doing the SciFi channel reviews anymore? I don't watch on SciFi, but I never see them in time to take part in the day after review so I thought I'd take part in the second sci-fi reviews. But I just went to Talkshoe and it looks like you haven't done one since Planet of the Ood.

Question

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 01 2008 @ 02:18 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel] Are you guys not doing the SciFi channel reviews anymore? I don't watch on SciFi, but I never see them in time to take part in the day after review so I thought I'd take part in the second sci-fi reviews. But I just went to Talkshoe and it looks like you haven't done one since Planet of the Ood.

Question

We had trouble getting the Sci-Fi Channel viewers to attend. Although it just have been a scheduling thing. Perhaps the following morning after the episode airs just was not the best time to have the Sci-Fi Channel viewers live segment recording. But a better time hasn't really come to the surface.

Then I figured the spin-off live podcast could serve that need. But recent changes with Talkshoe has us reconsidering the idea of adding a new live show.

At this point now I am unsure how to include them.

Perhaps they are not visiting this thread either thinking it may contain spoilers. I should start a separate thread for Sci-Fi Channel viewers to solicit their input on the situation.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, June 01 2008 @ 02:27 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] We had trouble getting the Sci-Fi Channel viewers to attend..[snip]..I should start a separate thread for Sci-Fi Channel viewers to solicit their input on the situation.

Thanks for the update, Louis. But why are you up so late? It's 2:30a on the east coast. I just got back from a movie night at a friends (first, Shawn of the Dead; second, Big Trouble in Little China) and I'm hitting the sack. Big Grin

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 01 2008 @ 08:31 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]
    Thanks for the update, Louis. But why are you up so late? It's 2:30a on the east coast. I just got back from a movie night at a friends (first, Shawn of the Dead; second, Big Trouble in Little China) and I'm hitting the sack. Big Grin

I was up late because I was determined to get some editing work done. I didn't complete the task I set out to do yesterday, but I at least I got some work done on it. I needed to do at least that much before I could even think of retiring for the night, no matter how tired I might be.

If I could just obtain some Sontaran technology so I can produce a clone of myself just to handle post-production work, it would really work out for me. Though I may be crossing the line into enslavement... even clones have (or need) rights as well.

Anyway, today is another day... I think.

Only working with a few hours of sleep here.

Cheers,
    Louis

PS - Shawn of the Dead was a fun film.

Sunday, June 01 2008 @ 09:49 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] If I could just obtain some Sontaran technology so I can produce a clone of myself just to handle post-production work, it would really work out for me. Though I may be crossing the line into enslavement... even clones have (or need) rights as well.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a few Ood? They're only 50 credits...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, June 09 2008 @ 07:56 AM EDT

Ready for an upcoming Doctor Who LIVE Podshock:-

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM EDT
    Ready for an upcoming Doctor Who LIVE Podshock:-

Cheers, daveac

Heck yeah. Can not wait!!!!!

Remember Me To Gallifrey!! Be sure to check Out the Phase Abandon Podcast on TalkShoe.com

Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sideburn Zombie]

Heck yeah. Can not wait!!!!!

Don't expect those 'guests' on the podcast - it's just that they will also be at the Boston JumpCon.

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored