The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Steven Moffat
    Steven Moffat
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 37728
     Thursday, June 28 2007 @ 11:45 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]

Notice- A new version of the client software was released on Monday. It will autoupdate but I suggest finding a show to take a peek into to get the upgrade done before Sunday Wink .

Oh... Thanks for the heads up on the update.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 05:28 PM EDT

This Sunday's live podcast will cover the latest Doctor Who news (i.e. discussing the latest casting news for the next series) as well as reviewing the animated adventure The Infinite Quest.

Since there are no new episodes being transmitted on the BBC until the Christmas special, we are no longer tied to the Sunday at 1pm (US EDT) slot.

Would an earlier or later show work better for most of our listeners?

Would Saturday work better?

Thanks for the continued support and interest.

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 06:35 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Would an earlier or later show work better for most of our listeners?

Would Saturday work better?

Thanks for the continued support and interest.

Cheers,
    Louis

I would prefer we kept to Sunday but I'm flexable on time.

Currently it's 6pm BST (GMT +1)

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Thursday, July 05 2007 @ 09:39 AM EDT
    I was hoping now that the series is over, you'd be going back to the studio podcasts sooner rather than later. I really appreciate the time, effort, and money everybody puts into making these happen. But I'll be honest...I haven't listened for the last 6-7 weeks, because of the audio quality of the Talkshoe stuff. It really is unlistenable (sp? is that even a word?). It pops up each week in my ITunes subscription, and I've just been deleting it...

Yes, it'd be cool sometimes to open it up to a fan roundtable discussion (maybe a monthly event), but Louis/Ken/James is where it all started, and that's where I think it should stay...the rest of us can chime in with comments via the forums.

I know others have mentioned similar drawbacks with the Talkshoe stuff, too, and I don't mean to jump on the bashing bandwagon, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 05 2007 @ 03:42 PM EDT

The sound quality is getting better with Talkshoe... albeit not as fast as we would like, the last episode I believe demonstrates that there is an improvement, as well I as I did some slight post-production work on the levels.

We are going to be doing regular 'studio' podcasts again as well. We already have one in post-production. Hopefully that will be finished this weekend.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, July 05 2007 @ 04:15 PM EDT

I for one like the aspect of LIVE. Keeping everyone on their toes as it were, I know it's not very "New Media" of me but I like everyone having imput into what's going on wheather it's on mic or not. It's all a matter of prefrence, audio quality aside, I like the multitude of fact and opinion generated by the TalkShoe interface.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Thursday, July 05 2007 @ 10:09 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975] I was hoping now that the series is over, you'd be going back to the studio podcasts sooner rather than later. I really appreciate the time, effort, and money everybody puts into making these happen. But I'll be honest...I haven't listened for the last 6-7 weeks, because of the audio quality of the Talkshoe stuff. It really is unlistenable (sp? is that even a word?). It pops up each week in my ITunes subscription, and I've just been deleting it...

Yes, it'd be cool sometimes to open it up to a fan roundtable discussion (maybe a monthly event), but Louis/Ken/James is where it all started, and that's where I think it should stay...the rest of us can chime in with comments via the forums.

I know others have mentioned similar drawbacks with the Talkshoe stuff, too, and I don't mean to jump on the bashing bandwagon, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

As someone who is just a listener and not a participant in the talkshoe shows, SGB, I'll second Louis's comment that the sound quality has definitely improved over the last few weeks, so it might be worthwhile you giving it another listen and see if you find it any more acceptable.

Though the difference in volume from speaker to speaker still keeps me on my toes - often Ken will sound really quiet so I'll turn the volume right up, then someone else will start speaking and my ear drums nearly burst from how loud it is!

Thursday, July 05 2007 @ 10:20 PM EDT
    Also, not sure if this has already been suggested by anyone, but -

While I would like "studio" shows to resume being the standard podcast now that series 3 has stopped screening, I think it would be cool if we kept having a live talkshoe podcast once every month or so, which could be a roundtable review and discussion of a nominated classic Who story. The next story for discussion could be announced at the end of the preceding live podcast so that people have time to locate the DVD and watch it over the next month. So it would operate kind of like a book club.

Besides being another chance for us all to rabbit on, it would be a great way to introduce the classic series to those newer fans who often ask for viewing tips. Plus, over the last few months of series 3 reviews in the forums, one of the interesting discussions has been the continuing debate about how new Who stories stand up to classic Who - how they're different, and how sometimes we might view the classic series through rose-coloured glasses. So continuing the talkshow review shows - but focussing now on classic stories - is also a way of continuing to re-assess the modern series in the context of the show's full 40 year-plus history.

What does everyone think?

Friday, July 06 2007 @ 02:57 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  lucas] Also, not sure if this has already been suggested by anyone, but -

While I would like "studio" shows to resume being the standard podcast now that series 3 has stopped screening, I think it would be cool if we kept having a live talkshoe podcast once every month or so, which could be a roundtable review and discussion of a nominated classic Who story. The next story for discussion could be announced at the end of the preceding live podcast so that people have time to locate the DVD and watch it over the next month. So it would operate kind of like a book club.

Besides being another chance for us all to rabbit on, it would be a great way to introduce the classic series to those newer fans who often ask for viewing tips. Plus, over the last few months of series 3 reviews in the forums, one of the interesting discussions has been the continuing debate about how new Who stories stand up to classic Who - how they're different, and how sometimes we might view the classic series through rose-coloured glasses. So continuing the talkshow review shows - but focussing now on classic stories - is also a way of continuing to re-assess the modern series in the context of the show's full 40 year-plus history.

What does everyone think?

Hear hear! this gets my vote. Whilst I like the Live shows I don't think they would be so interesting if it wasn't a discussion of a particular story. I much prefer the studio shows just because it sounds so damn professional. I tried a lot of Who podcasts before I found Podshock and the quality always put me off. Call me a snob if you like but listening to someone doing a Doctor Who podcast whilst also watching the Superbowl in his living room doesn't really interest me.
    Plus I miss the banter and sound effects from the studio shows. I really really miss George Takei's "Oh my". That always makes me smile.

Bollocks...sir.

Saturday, July 07 2007 @ 09:43 AM EDT
    From what people have said, it sounds like the audio quality has improved from when I last tuned in...I'll give it another go and see what's up.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 07 2007 @ 01:53 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975] From what people have said, it sounds like the audio quality has improved from when I last tuned in...I'll give it another go and see what's up.

Just read on Outpost Gallifrey:-

'Those who missed the 45-minute compilation of all the episodes of the Totally Doctor Who animated series, The Infinite Quest, can catch it again when it is repeated on the CBBC channel at 5pm on Sunday 8th July.'

How's that for timing - it finishes just 15 minutes before the Podcast starts - to talk about 'The Infinite Quest'

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Thursday, July 12 2007 @ 09:44 PM EDT

Week ending 07/07/07

In the top 25 most interactive talkcasts-

#11 - Doctor Who : Podshock LIVE!!

Keep it up, we are the only big Sci-Fi TalkCast
    that makes the list consistantly.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Friday, July 13 2007 @ 01:28 PM EDT
    So is it back to the 'usual' format now or is Podshock remaining permanently as a live - round table Podcast?

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, July 13 2007 @ 03:16 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1] So is it back to the 'usual' format now or is Podshock remaining permanently as a live - round table Podcast?

Yes, No, and not exactly.

We are doing studio recordings and will continue with the live recordings but we still haven't worked out the new schedule for them.

We do have a studio show already recorded which is just waiting to be processed in post production. I am hoping I will have time this weekend for it. So it may or may not come out before the next live show.

We will be doing our usual studio recorded episodes back on a regular basis again... so that will be resuming... but we are not discontinuing the live shows either. So perhaps you may be getting twice the amount of Doctor Who: Podshock for the same price. Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, July 13 2007 @ 05:41 PM EDT

Well I hope you (we)continue with both.

How about fortnightly.

I mean by that a Podcast each week but:-

Even numbered episodes 'studio based' and odd numbered 'Live episodes' - on alternate weeks.

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored