The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Auction
    Auction
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 39072
     Friday, June 15 2007 @ 11:41 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]

This time around for the review of "Blink"
    Doctor Who : Podshock LIVE! came in at #11 in the most interactive list.

You know, we had a good deal of people on with us for this episode. I was quite surprised -- pleasantly albeit because I thought it was going to be just the opposite. Due to the time change, I thought we were going to loose people, not gain people. If it were not for the inconvenience of our UK listeners, I would entertain moving the live show to the later time slot such as 7pm EDT. Of course, perhaps the popularity of the story, Blink had something to do with it as well.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 12:05 PM EDT
    Sorry I had to miss Podshock this week. I had a concert in NYC to attend all day on Sunday. Wore my new DW shirt though as protest to not getting to discuss and watch the episode until late last night. Look forward to listening to Episode 85 and hope to make it for 86 Smile

"WOT?...WOT?" "WOT??????!!!!!" OUT!OUT!OUT!

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 12:42 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  lonelyangel10] Sorry I had to miss Podshock this week. I had a concert in NYC to attend all day on Sunday. Wore my new DW shirt though as protest to not getting to discuss and watch the episode until late last night. Look forward to listening to Episode 85 and hope to make it for 86 Smile

We missed you. We did have a great deal of live listeners for the show, but we were missing some of our regulars such as yourself, Mike D., and DarthSkeptical... Being that it was Father's Day, it was somewhat expected though.

Look forward to your feedback next week.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM EDT
    I really like the live/raw shows for post episodes showings. It's kind of like a delayed post episode live chat. But I ask please don't make this the standard for the show from now on.

I hope that when this series/seaon ends you'll resume the regular format, there are some are in the chat and it sounds like they're on an airport runway and a 747 is taxiiing for takeoff!

And Darth's mellifluous tones are somewhat lost on skype. Big Grin Wink

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 02:18 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] there are some are in the chat and it sounds like they're on an airport runway and a 747 is taxiiing for takeoff!

And Darth's mellifluous tones are somewhat lost on skype. Big Grin Wink

-cs™

Well I'm trying to sort things out a my end - see my last post in the CIA thread:-

here

But soon after the series finishes Talkshoe should be offering their own 'call in' service - and hopefully everybodies experience should improve.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 02:19 PM EDT

We are definitely going back to doing "studio" shows, no doubt. But we will continue the live shows in addition, but perhaps on a less frequent basis. We have tons of stuff piled up for the regular format 'studio' podcasts that we need to get to... including plenty of feedback that has been sent in to us over the time we have been doing the live shows.

In fact, we are hoping to record a regular format show this week sometime, we are still trying to work out fitting it into our schedule to record it.

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, June 20 2007 @ 05:39 PM EDT
    Hi there.

This may be a bit premature, but are you planning on having a live podshock recap of Series 3 the week after the last episode?

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 09:01 AM EDT
    I've been wanting to join in for the live chat, especially after "Utopia" left me full of adrenaline & wanted to share my views and excitement with fellow fans! But with the weather being ideal for sunrises on the beach and my Sunday morning beach ritual, it's kinda difficult a habit to break away from, Smile Hopefully I can set some time aside for the final two live chats, there's a beachside coffee shop with free wireless so I can log in with my MacBook Pro, possibly.

At the risk of being repetitive in sending praise for the live shows on this thread, the Talkshoe casts are insightful and a fun listen! They've proven especially valuable during my re-watch of the episodes when I've missed an item of importance or a subtle element here and there! I appreciate the input from Podshock and listeners, well done!!! Cool

"Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I'm not mistaken in mine."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 09:54 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DR_YANA] But with the weather being ideal for sunrises on the beach and my Sunday morning beach ritual, it's kinda difficult a habit to break away from, Smile Hopefully I can set some time aside for the final two live chats, there's a beachside coffee shop with free wireless so I can log in with my MacBook Pro, possibly.

I don't know - new members Big Grin and they come on and say things like:-

sunrises on the beach.....Sunday morning beach ritual....beachside coffee shop....free wireless....my MacBook Pro Big Grin

I don't know whether I should have welcomed you or offered to swap lives with you! Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 10:22 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  DR_YANA] But with the weather being ideal for sunrises on the beach and my Sunday morning beach ritual, it's kinda difficult a habit to break away from, Smile Hopefully I can set some time aside for the final two live chats, there's a beachside coffee shop with free wireless so I can log in with my MacBook Pro, possibly.

sunrises on the beach.....Sunday morning beach ritual....beachside coffee shop....free wireless....my MacBook Pro Big Grin

I don't know whether I should have welcomed you or offered to swap lives with you! Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

The same thing went through my mind.

Welcome --- all the same, though.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 11:34 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Cheers, daveac

The same thing went through my mind.

Welcome --- all the same, though.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sorry about that, I didn't mean for that to sound the way it did, I'm just trying to embrace more Dr Who fandom and I'd say your lives are more exciting and interesting than this fan geek who spends most of his weekends in downtown coffee shops when he's not at the beach. Looks like I deserve to slapped by Rose's mother for that one.... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the welcome Wink

Peace,

~Bill

"Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I'm not mistaken in mine."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DR_YANA] I'd say your lives are more exciting and interesting than this fan geek who spends most of his weekends in downtown coffee shops when he's not at the beach. Looks like I deserve to slapped by Rose's mother for that one.... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the welcome Wink

Peace,

~Bill

I don't know - you're not off to a good start Wink

Now you tell us you live near Bad Wolf Bay and are on familiar terms with Rose's family! Wink

You don't also happen to be the proud owner of a non'working Fob watch would you?

Cheers, daveac

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 12:03 PM EDT

I don't know - you're not off to a good start Wink

Now you tell us you live near Bad Wolf Bay and are on familiar terms with Rose's family! Wink

You don't also happen to be the proud owner of a non'working Fob watch would you?

Cheers, daveac

Yes, I do Wink How did you know? Can you help me get it to work again?

Peace,
    ~Bill

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 06:03 PM EDT

Doctor Who : Podshock LIVE!

Made # 15 in the most interactive top 25 list at TalkShoe this week.

Also of note CIA (Celestial Intervention Agency) got an honorable mention at #34.
    Dave Nelson seems to think we believe that the C. I. A. isn't into spying, they just cover up U. F. O. activity Laughing Out Loud .
    Oh well, they do say there is no such thing as bad publicity. Cool

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Thursday, June 28 2007 @ 10:55 PM EDT

Doctor Who : Podshock LIVE!!
    #13 this week

Notice- A new version of the client software was released on Monday. It will autoupdate but I suggest finding a show to take a peek into to get the upgrade done before Sunday Wink .

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored