The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Tardis Standee
    Tardis Standee
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 40251
     Wednesday, August 15 2007 @ 05:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]
    If the host is dialed in to the show, the 'Listen only" button will be active for any show. There has been a recent upsurge of shows that, although scheduled, the host does not start the show. The host can get a report after the show that has the stats for the show, those stats include the number of "streamers" (the folk that used the listen only option. During the show there is no way of determining the number of streamers.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Thanks Mike,

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, August 15 2007 @ 09:18 PM EDT

Thanks Merlin...

In addition to the Listen Only button, if people are listening to the show from our site (using the widget on the left block of our site on the front page), I imagine those would also be counted as streaming audio only.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Saturday, August 25 2007 @ 10:23 AM EDT
    Ullo...just thought I'd pop over here and say 'ullo'...ah, I already did, ah well..anyway, been listening to the pods for a while and do enjoy them....great interview with Cornell - one can hear the smile he's wearing throughout, lol.

One thing, (and if its already been mentioned in this thread, apologies, but its a LONG thread and I ain't reading through all of it, lol), but you could do with a final polish on sound etc. On our poddy thingy, (www.staggeringstories.net) I go through it with a fine tooth comb, editing out gaps and the odd um and er - I know ya can't really do it with an interview, but around that you could polish and get the thing rattling along happily Smile

Im looking forward to seeing how you lot get on - and hope you get your big meet up at the Gallifrey convention (dear me, what over the top titles these Gallifrey ccons have, rofl)

best wishes...

me

You Have Been Watching... Mac www.staggeringstories.net 'You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello' - H. Bishop

Thursday, September 06 2007 @ 05:40 PM EDT
    New TalkShoe client release scheduled for tomorow morning 9/7/07.

Just an FYI so you can't say you wern't WARNED Wink .

New TalkShoe client version is starting on Friday morning starting at about 2 AM EDT. So with server upgrades and client upgrades going on I highly recomend that you find a show Friday evening or far in advance of the Troughton call in on TalkShoe. The client software is an auto push so as soon as you launch the client it takes care of itself, just not sure if this one will require (documented or not) a reboot to work properly. So you have been warned, find a live show to come into to test the new version. Best guess between 7 AM EDT Friday and as far before 1 PM EDT on Sunday as you can get. Will post more when I have a consolidated blurb.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Friday, September 07 2007 @ 08:05 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley] New TalkShoe client release scheduled for tomorow morning 9/7/07.

Just an FYI so you can't say you wern't WARNED Wink .

New TalkShoe client version is starting on Friday morning starting at about 2 AM EDT. So with server upgrades and client upgrades going on I highly recomend that you find a show Friday evening or far in advance of the Troughton call in on TalkShoe. The client software is an auto push so as soon as you launch the client it takes care of itself, just not sure if this one will require (documented or not) a reboot to work properly. So you have been warned, find a live show to come into to test the new version. Best guess between 7 AM EDT Friday and as far before 1 PM EDT on Sunday as you can get. Will post more when I have a consolidated blurb.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

On Now 'Talking Talkshoe'

here

Cheers, daveac

EDIT - I've just dropped out now - but the new 'text' feature is great - and calling in with Shoephone worked a treat.

Second EDIT- New TalkShoe Badge up and working

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, September 07 2007 @ 12:02 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    On Now 'Talking Talkshoe'

here

Cheers, daveac

EDIT - I've just dropped out now - but the new 'text' feature is great - and calling in with Shoephone worked a treat.

Second EDIT- New TalkShoe Badge up and working

Listened back to the earlier portion of the show. You sounded very clear Dave, bravo. Also the client upgrade went very quickly and I (for one) had no problems. Still I recomend you check it out so you won't be disoriented while trying to focus your mind on Troughton Wink .

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Friday, September 07 2007 @ 02:05 PM EDT
    Listened back to the earlier portion of the show. You sounded very clear Dave, bravo. Also the client upgrade went very quickly and I (for one) had no problems. Still I recomend you check it out so you won't be disoriented while trying to focus your mind on Troughton Wink .

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Thanks Mike - but how did you manage to listen back to earlier parts of the show as even now - hours later - it's still running live?

ie. there isn't a 'recorded' earlier part to listen to from today.

Cheers, daveac

Friday, September 07 2007 @ 02:25 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Thanks Mike - but how did you manage to listen back to earlier parts of the show as even now - hours later - it's still running live?

ie. there isn't a 'recorded' earlier part to listen to from today.

Cheers, daveac

Call it a timing malfunction, Ancient Scottish family secret, or incredibly good timing on Downloading the (morning) show before Tommy put a hold on it. He did a second show this afternoon (Stateside time) Wink .

Cheers,
    Mike M.

P. S. to all. The copy function (if you are used to it) only functions in the Compressed (Clasic) view known issue and they are working on it.

Friday, September 07 2007 @ 10:13 PM EDT

Unfortunately there will be no live show this Sunday (9-9-2007) as originally scheduled. We have to postpone the show. We will pick it up again in two weeks again with the Troughton years.

Louis

Sunday, October 07 2007 @ 03:04 PM EDT
    Well got thrown off again right at the end!!

Louis - Ken and Joe carried on talking for quite a time after most of us were thrown off.

I think there will be only two or three minutes of 'dead air' - I don't know if you can edit that section out.

Overwise is was a good show.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, October 07 2007 @ 04:11 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac] Well got thrown off again right at the end!!

Louis - Ken and Joe carried on talking for quite a time after most of us were thrown off.

I think there will be only two or three minutes of 'dead air' - I don't know if you can edit that section out.

Overwise is was a good show.

Cheers, daveac

Right at about 1.08 hr mins there is about 2.40 mins of dead air.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, October 07 2007 @ 07:23 PM EDT

Yeah, we will fix this in post.

I still couldn't believe what happened. I couldn't log back into the podcast I was hosting because TalkShoe believed I was already logged in.

Oh well.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, October 08 2007 @ 04:15 AM EDT
    Thanks for asking me to help out yesterday. it was an absolute pleasure. I have loved podshock for more episodes than I care to remember. lol

The length of the show was always perfect for me as (at the time) I lived 120 miles from my GF when I first started listening and you and the team were my passengers on the long weekend drive thanks to an Itrip and a car stereo.

if you ever need help just shout.

However... I wont be around on the 21st of October as I am getting married and the show will be recorded at the same time as the best man will be making his speech so My bride may just get a little annoyed if i wander off and come on line and talk about Tom Baker.

Dont worry. Doctor Who wont be that far from my thoughts. Song for Ten has been added to the Evening play list and I more than suspect I will have a toy sonic screwdriver hidden in my coat (The Sf equivalent of a comfort blanket.) and my wedding coat makes me looks more than a little like a clockwork android... (and also like Ian Holms Hobit if I take the coat off...so its not all good).

Sorry I'm rambling.

Thanks also for the plug for my show.

I Hope that the edit job on repairing yesterdays show isnt too much of a drag.

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Monday, October 08 2007 @ 07:04 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast]

if you ever need help just shout.

However... I wont be around on the 21st of October as I am getting married.

Yes - I think the whole thing worked in the end Confused

Congratulations on your coming marriage!!

Cheers, daveac

Monday, October 08 2007 @ 11:18 AM EDT
    Another great show Louis.

Congrats to TDP! Smile

But where is Darth Skeptical?

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic