The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts at Who in the Cavern 3
    Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts at Who in the Cavern 3
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 39330
     Monday, October 08 2007 @ 11:23 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] Another great show Louis.

Congrats to TDP! Smile

But where is Darth Skeptical?

-cs™

And our CIA friend WestGeek

And our female members

Not to mention - no James!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 06:50 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] Another great show Louis.

Congrats to TDP! Smile

But where is Darth Skeptical?

-cs™

And our CIA friend WestGeek

The female fans seem to be fans of the show from 2005 onwards (though I know this is FAR from true of everyone.) but the old school seems to be largely a male domain.

As for the Cia and our friend Darth... No idea

And our female members

Not to mention - no James!

Cheers, daveac

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 12:54 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast] Thanks for asking me to help out yesterday. it was an absolute pleasure. I have loved podshock for more episodes than I care to remember. lol

The length of the show was always perfect for me as (at the time) I lived 120 miles from my GF when I first started listening and you and the team were my passengers on the long weekend drive thanks to an Itrip and a car stereo.

if you ever need help just shout.

However... I wont be around on the 21st of October as I am getting married and the show will be recorded at the same time as the best man will be making his speech so My bride may just get a little annoyed if i wander off and come on line and talk about Tom Baker.

Dont worry. Doctor Who wont be that far from my thoughts. Song for Ten has been added to the Evening play list and I more than suspect I will have a toy sonic screwdriver hidden in my coat (The Sf equivalent of a comfort blanket.) and my wedding coat makes me looks more than a little like a clockwork android... (and also like Ian Holms Hobit if I take the coat off...so its not all good).

Sorry I'm rambling.

Thanks also for the plug for my show.

I Hope that the edit job on repairing yesterdays show isnt too much of a drag.

Thanks again for helping out. It was great to have you on board. It would be great to have you back in that capacity again sometime (but without the technical difficulties from TalkShoe).

Congratulations on your wedding on the 21st. So if I do see you on the live show on the 21st, I will just assume your wife to be was wisked aboard the TARDIS or something while walking down the aisle.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 01:18 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] Congratulations on your wedding on the 21st. So if I do see you on the live show on the 21st, I will just assume your wife to be was wisked aboard the TARDIS or something while walking down the aisle.

Prepare the Huon particles…

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 02:32 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Congratulations on your wedding on the 21st. So if I do see you on the live show on the 21st, I will just assume your wife to be was wisked aboard the TARDIS or something while walking down the aisle.

Cheers,
    Louis

You're not suggesting 'a runaway bride' are you Louis?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 04:01 PM EDT
    I am one of those missing females, I think? I mean, I know I am a female, but I don't know if you were refering...oh anyway...I was really looking forward to this one...I am about 1/2 way through watching the Pertwee years (as I have been playing catch up the past...3 months? And...

Someone called me 15 minutes before the show started, and talked...and talked...so I missed the show.

I am so bummed I have missed the Hartnell and Troughton shows as well (live) I could have contributed. Now you guys will probably be way ahead of me on the next podcast...

Oh well, what's a girl to do?

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 05:41 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  ExtermaKnitter] I am one of those missing females, I think? I mean, I know I am a female, but I don't know if you were refering...oh anyway...I was really looking forward to this one...I am about 1/2 way through watching the Pertwee years (as I have been playing catch up the past...3 months? And...

Someone called me 15 minutes before the show started, and talked...and talked...so I missed the show.

I am so bummed I have missed the Hartnell and Troughton shows as well (live) I could have contributed. Now you guys will probably be way ahead of me on the next podcast...

Yes - you were one of those missed!

'What's a a girl to do?'

Well for a start - post in this thread or start a new one.

How are you enjoying the third doctor stories? Do you agree with what you heard on the Live Podshock?

Did the 'dandy doctor' impress you - any particular story that you enjoyed?

Louis - when we've gone through all 10 doctors - and maybe a Unit one - how about a 'Catch up' Podshock where people can give their thoughts of any of the last 10 - last 100 Podshocks?

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 10:13 PM EDT

I mentioned this on Sunday's live show.... but for those that were not there live.. or had not heard the raw recording of it yet. We will most likely be postponing the scheduled November 4th live show due to the scheduling conflict with the United Fan Con. We hope to be in Massachusetts with Wendy Padbury (Doctor Who companion Zoe Heriot) that weekend.

The November 4th live show would have been the Peter Davison era review, so it will be pushed back to the next live show which would be in the following two weeks.

The next live show on October 21st is still on, we are set to review Tom Baker. I haven't had a chance to update the web site promo on our front page yet.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 01:52 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast]
    However... I wont be around on the 21st of October as I am getting married and the show will be recorded at the same time as the best man will be making his speech so My bride may just get a little annoyed if i wander off and come on line and talk about Tom Baker.

I just wanted to send out my personal congratulations on your wedding!!!! That's great news. I also have to drive a few hours on weekends to see my girlfriend and your podcast has been a good friend and kept me highly entertained on my journeys. I've listened to your doctor-specific episodes multiple times.

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 02:02 AM EDT
    I also wanted to apologize for missing out on the podcast this past Sunday. I was really looking forward to participating. Unfortunately, it was 10am on the West Coast and my girlfriend still asleeping in my tiny apartment, so I had to quietly read my latest copy of Mojo Magazine instead. Despite the issues with talkshoe, it was absolutely fantastic. Everyone did a fantastic job.

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 04:42 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Cheers,
    Louis

You're not suggesting 'a runaway bride' are you Louis?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

You guys implying that I have been slowly poisoning my fiance with alien technology.

I have set my review of the 8th doctor to go live right in the middle of the service so in some small way I will be in 2 places at once. and indeed I will be talking about Doctor Who. Ah bless.

thanks for all the good wishes Smile

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 06:55 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] We will most likely be postponing the scheduled November 4th live show due to the scheduling conflict with the United Fan Con. We hope to be in Massachusetts with Wendy Padbury (Doctor Who companion Zoe Heriot) that weekend.

Cheers,
    Louis

Did someone mention Zoe?

Well then I think that's the que for a Smitty slideshow Smile

Cheers, daveac

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 10:08 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  ExtermaKnitter] I am one of those missing females, I think? I mean, I know I am a female, but I don't know if you were refering...oh anyway...I was really looking forward to this one...I am about 1/2 way through watching the Pertwee years (as I have been playing catch up the past...3 months? And...

Yes - you were one of those missed!

'What's a a girl to do?'

Well for a start - post in this thread or start a new one.

How are you enjoying the third doctor stories? Do you agree with what you heard on the Live Podshock?

Did the 'dandy doctor' impress you - any particular story that you enjoyed?

Louis - when we've gone through all 10 doctors - and maybe a Unit one - how about a 'Catch up' Podshock where people can give their thoughts of any of the last 10 - last 100 Podshocks?

Cheers, daveac

Hey Dave!

I have been enjoying the 3rd doctor so far...my next episode to watch is the Mutants. I have to admit, with so many episodes focused on UNIT and the Master...they are starting to get a bit jumbled in my head (and I could be cramming them way to close together, but why watch Doctor Who in moderation?)

I love how active Pertwee's Doctor is, he will take on anything; hopping on jet skis, repelling, kung fu fighting multiple people...he is ready to GO!

My fave story so far is "Inferno", I really like parallel universe stories. I liked "The Daemons" too, partly because of the archaeology aspect of the story and for some reason I really liked the character of the local "white witch" and how she knew something was going down, but no one listened to her 'cos she was the local nutter.

In general, I have been enjoying my trek into classic Who. I have liked all three of the first three doctors...and then I am also partial to any Dalek story. LOL

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 10:19 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  ExtermaKnitter]

My fave story so far is "Inferno", I really like parallel universe stories. I liked "The Daemons" too, partly because of the archaeology aspect of the story and for some reason I really liked the character of the local "white witch" and how she knew something was going down, but no one listened to her 'cos she was the local nutter.

In general, I have been enjoying my trek into classic Who. I have liked all three of the first three doctors...and then I am also partial to any Dalek story. LOL

In the Live Podcast I think we end up agreeing that 'Inferno' would be the best story (of the 3rd Doctor) to show new fans.

That 'white witch' lady in 'Daemons' - the actress who played her - nearly always did 'scatty auntie' parts in childrens Tv in the '70's & '80's

Loved the Master in it to 'Oh mote it be' - and Bok.

Here's one of my old wallpapers (save to see full size)

Cheers, daveac

Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 02:21 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] We will most likely be postponing the scheduled November 4th live show due to the scheduling conflict with the United Fan Con. We hope to be in Massachusetts with Wendy Padbury (Doctor Who companion Zoe Heriot) that weekend.

Cheers,
    Louis

Did someone mention Zoe?

Well then I think that's the que for a Smitty slideshow Smile

Cheers, daveac
    You're making me blush davey!

Any more details on the CIN special? Will it be a filmed piece like the Eccleston/Tennant post-regeneration story or the Tennant/Catherine Tate sketch?

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages