The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Chancellery Guard Costume
    Chancellery Guard Costume
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 40232
     Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 09:50 AM EDT
    Thanks for the info Louis.
    Works out well for me since I'll be at home that weekend, unlike this weekend.

However, I realise I'm just one person in a really bad timezone, but would it be possible to have the start time of the podcast at the usual time of 1pm, so it starts at 4am, rather than 3am for me.

bye bye david :(
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 11:22 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  gjb325] Hi All, is there a live podcast this Sunday? I'm hoping to participate vocally this time (after months of very enjoyable listening), can anyone confirm if the microphone in the current Imac is good enough for the job?

cheers,
    Graham

Hopefully there will be a CIA podcast on the Sunday - but we won't talk about Series 4 - but I think a roundup of 'Ashes to Ashes'

Check this page nearer to Sunday:-
    CIA

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 06:48 PM EDT
    Thanks Louis and Dave, feels a little odd writing to both of you after listening to you both so often!

Looking forward to the 13th and hope I'll be brave enough to talk, I'm a little nervous but hope to be able to chip in a few comments, you're all so enthusiastic and friendly, I also find Michael (Tin Dog) strangely reflective of many of my opinions, possible because we're more or less the same age.

I might dip into the CIA this week, so far I've stuck with Podshock really because of limited time that and the time slot suits me more than CIA (when it follows Podshock).

Really looking forward to the next 13 Saturdays I've got a good feeling in my bones, I suspect it'll build up to the second half of the season much like last year. Todays Radio times really got me in the mood :-)

Bye for now.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 07:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  gjb325]
    I might dip into the CIA this week, so far I've stuck with Podshock really because of limited time that and the time slot suits me more than CIA (when it follows Podshock).

Bye for now.

I hope to hear you on PodShock - and with CIA I hope at least you will listen to some of the past shows even if you don't wish to join in - you can get them on the TalkShoe site or from iTunes itself.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, April 04 2008 @ 07:17 PM EDT

Just noticed PodShock episodes added on the TalkShoe site are both on the same day - 1 hour apart.

Is that right Louis?

04/13/2008 12:00 PM Review of episode 1 of the 2008 Series
    04/13/2008 01:00 PM Review of episode 2 of the 2008 Series

here

Cheers, daveac

Saturday, April 05 2008 @ 06:34 AM EDT
    I saw that as well, the 1pm slot is the normal and most suitable for me, I might not manage the 12pm one, in saying that episode 2 of the new series is exciting me far more than episode 1 so I possibly won't have so much to say about it anyway.... we'll see in a few hours tho!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, April 05 2008 @ 08:50 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    Just noticed PodShock episodes added on the TalkShoe site are both on the same day - 1 hour apart.

Is that right Louis?

04/13/2008 12:00 PM Review of episode 1 of the 2008 Series
    04/13/2008 01:00 PM Review of episode 2 of the 2008 Series

here

Cheers, daveac

Yep, that is right. I explained in another posting.

Since there was no resolution on how to address both the US and UK audiences... We are going to try to do our best for both audiences by recording a short live segment after each UK transmission of an episode of the 2008 series, and then a few weeks later when that same DW episode is shown in the US (on the Sci-Fi Channel for example) we will record another short live segment reviewing that episode for the US audiences. The two segments will then be edited into one podcast and put out on the feeds (of course the live Talkshoe feed will go our immediately).

I admit it is not the best solution. I really wish the US and UK showings of each episode were closer together so we can just do it all in one show. But I somehow doubt that UK listeners and listeners that make it their business to see the episodes as they are transmitted on the BBC will really want to be reviewing and discussing them a month later when they make it to the US shores, as they will rather be discussing the more current episodes.

The reason why there are two scheduled for the 13th is simply because there was no way to schedule one for this Sunday with I-CON taking place with us doing a live show there (in front of a live audience that is, not live on Talkshoe). If I-CON had scheduled us for Saturday instead, it would worked as we could have done the live show there today, and then do the live show over Talkshoe on Sunday.

So instead, we will play catchup next week by recording two segments. One on episode 1 and one on episode 2 of the 2008 series.

I hope that was not too confusing.

Cheers,
    Louis

P.S. - Plus, I need to schedule the new live spin off podcast which will most likely premiere on Saturday, April 12th.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, April 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM EDT

Due to problems with Talkshoe, we will have to re-schedule our live show reviewing "The Fires of Pompeii" (the first of two (one for UK listeners, followed by other for US listeners after it shows on Sci-Fi Channel)).

I am guessing it will a live show on Saturday to review "The Fires of Pompeii" and then we will record our review of episode 3 on Sunday.

Let's hope Talkshoe cooperates.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, April 13 2008 @ 07:42 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Cheers,
    Louis

Is that 'cooperates' or is that cooperates ?

It wasn't my fault honest Rolling Eyes

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 14 2008 @ 04:10 AM EDT
    Really annoyed with my internet connection last night as I was trying to get involved with the first live show on PiC. Next weekend I'm out of town and so won't be able to take part in either of the next ones as well (wi-fi hasn't quite made it to Russian seaside holiday camps yet).

I hope TalkShoe behaves for you next week.

Monday, April 14 2008 @ 04:32 AM EDT
    Sorry I couldnt ber there.

Ill sort out my time better and be there next time.

now to listen... Smile

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Monday, April 14 2008 @ 09:14 AM EDT

Quick Post:

I have re-scheduled the live show reviewing "The Fires of Pompeii" for Saturday... and then on Sunday, we will review the following episode.

I have to run...

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, April 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Cheers,
    Louis

Is that 'cooperates' or is that cooperates ?

It wasn't my fault honest Rolling Eyes

Cheers, daveac

cooper ate s? why did you eat s?

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, April 14 2008 @ 02:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]

cooper ate s? why did you eat s?

I didn't - but I was swiging down my wine by the end of it - probably Louis was throwing pain killers or cold remedies down his throat as well!

Planets disappearing - that's nothing!

Podshock disappearing - that's front page news!

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, April 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM EDT

Well, we learned our lesson the hard way. Never schedule two live shows back to back on Talkshoe again.

If we do something like this again on the same day, we will be sure to space the shows out so that there are hours apart at the minimum. That or simply record them both in one recording on Talkshoe and then edit them into two in post-production. The only reason this was done this way to begin with is so that those who may not have seen one of the episodes would be assured not get any spoilers... having them contained separately seemed like a better way to go to assure people that they won't accidently hear spoilers.

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic