The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Marks & Spencer 2006 Doctor Who Easter Eggs
    Marks & Spencer 2006 Doctor Who Easter Eggs
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  LIVE Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    LIVE Podcast Views: 39727
     Monday, May 21 2007 @ 10:03 AM EDT

Yeah, I have been using the Gizmo Project myself the last few weeks as I feel it is a more direct digital connection since it is connecting via IP (SIP) instead of dialing into TalkShoe.

I think we also have gotten to the point with TalkShoe that we can do a live show without having it having to go through post production now. Yeah, it will not be as polished, but it means we can get it out to the feeds quicker.

Though we are now behind in our 'studio' recorded shows. Once we catch up with the pending episodes in post production we will get start doing more regular formatted podcasts.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 05:37 PM EDT
    Wondering how you insert all those pre-recorded segments in the live recording

http://members.cox.net/rengobnor/ ..... Yahoo messenger -- rengob_nor

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 06:38 PM EDT

Ancient timelord secret... actually, they are still working out the kinks on that one.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, May 24 2007 @ 11:10 PM EDT

FYI Doctor Who : Podshock is the #1 Talkcast in the SciFi & Fantasy catagory on TalkShoe. The one above it is only an ad telling you how to Guarntee a top 10 spot.

Top 10 list for SciFi & Fantasy Catagory

Lets keep it going, great exposure Big Grin Cool

Cheers,
    Mike M.

*edit- Thanks Taras, fixed mine as well.
    I usually check those better Oops! . -end edit

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Friday, May 25 2007 @ 12:49 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]

FYI Doctor Who : Podshock is the #1 Talkcast in the SciFi & Fantasy catagory on TalkShoe. The one above it is only an ad telling you how to Guarntee a top 10 spot.

Top 10 list for SciFi & Fantasy Catagory

Lets keep it going, great exposure Big Grin Cool

Cheers,
    Mike M.

The double http is rectified in the quoteed link in this post...

Friday, May 25 2007 @ 04:51 AM EDT
    Don't get too excited. After about number 6, the talkcasts don't seem to have any ratings at all. And the ad suggests you can buy your way into the top. Wonder what the rankings actually are based on, cause it doesn't seem to be review strength or number of reviews . . .

EDIT

Yeah, after listening to the little ad, it really is a bit dishonest. Now, I'm not sure how things are ranked when no money has been given to TalkShoe, but certainly $10 gets ya in the top 10. Wonder what happens when they get 11 shows paying $10?

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Friday, May 25 2007 @ 10:16 AM EDT

Number 11 needs to pony up again... Twisted Evil

Friday, May 25 2007 @ 12:14 PM EDT

I haven't listened to the ad yet, but I assure everyone that we have not paid money to anyone or entity for our rankings or listing order -- anywhere.

Having said that, we are very grateful to our listeners for keeping Doctor Who: Podshock up in the various podcast lists, rankings, and such. If for nothing else, for the exposure it gives us, which in turn increases our listening base, which raises the quality of content of our podcast (via their participation), and not to mention giving exposure to Doctor Who the series and legend as well Big Grin .

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, May 25 2007 @ 01:16 PM EDT

Quick brief-No one has paid in any catagory yet. Here are the top five ratings criteria for placement within catagory.

Talkcasts are now priority-ordered within categories and searches based on five key criteria: 1) Recorded in last 30 days; 2) At least five recorded episodes; 3) At least one recorded episode; 4) Future episode scheduled; and 5) Custom image.

There are more metrics for the ratings but those are the key 5. If you really want to know the game listen to ep 36 off of this feed-

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss1517.xml

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Monday, May 28 2007 @ 10:58 AM EDT

I just listened to a little bit of yesterday's live recording (DW: Podshock #82)... and there is that damn crackle present when I am speaking again. Angry It was NOT there last week, so I thought I had nipped in the butt. But it seems back again in episode 82.

I had just recorded an audio segment for the post production work for episode 77 earlier... I think the night before. It was not present then. I had not changed any of my settings in the time being, so I don't know why it was back when we recorded yesterday on TalkShoe.

I am obviously not hearing it myself when we record, so if it is there again at the next live recording and you are hearing it live, please let me know before we begin recording. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, May 29 2007 @ 04:01 PM EDT
    Louis - thanks for working overtime and getting out Podshocks 77 and 78.

I noticed when it got to my bit my picture was included - and that's fine by me - I think I sent you one when I did my first 'Feedback' about the HydeFundraisers.

But the picture seemed pixalated and appart from the obvious (a picture of me doing the damage) the quality doesn't sit right with all your other picture links etc.

Can you comfirm what size works best? it looks like 300x300 - and any file size limit ie. 20k or whatever.

I was thinking then anyone who is happy to have either a photo or a larger (better) copy of their avatar up on screen could put up an image. We (I) could set up a thread just for people to add there perferred 'image'

That is if this idea doesn't make your head explode Big Grin

You say the correct size limits here and then I'm happy to start things off by uploading an optimised picture.

Since you added my picture anyway I hope this suggestion won't add to your work but give you better images ie ready-to-go images for you to drop in on post production.

I think whether this idea goes forward or not should be your decision only - but I'd like to know what others think as well.

Cheers, daveac (now runs for cover)

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, May 29 2007 @ 05:16 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

I just listened to a little bit of yesterday's live recording (DW: Podshock #82)... and there is that damn crackle present when I am speaking again. Angry It was NOT there last week, so I thought I had nipped in the butt. But it seems back again in episode 82.

I had just recorded an audio segment for the post production work for episode 77 earlier... I think the night before. It was not present then. I had not changed any of my settings in the time being, so I don't know why it was back when we recorded yesterday on TalkShoe.

I am obviously not hearing it myself when we record, so if it is there again at the next live recording and you are hearing it live, please let me know before we begin recording. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Louis

I don't think it started until we were already recording, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Taras

Tuesday, May 29 2007 @ 06:55 PM EDT
    I haven't read through this thread at all, so I don't know if this has been commented on already or not. As much as I enjoy the idea of the round-table podcast discussing the previous night's episode, the loss in sound quality is kinda turning me off. I'm about 50 minutes into episode 77 and Louis has some kind of buzzing distortion, the levels on the various guests are very different (some real loud, some real quiet), and the overall quality is a lot lower. Is that something about the Talk Shoe site itself? Or is the original raw feed a much lower bitrate? Or is it the way each person connects into the system? I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but maybe the technology just isn't there yet.

Neutral

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 29 2007 @ 07:02 PM EDT
    I know it didn't start till after we started recording, because one of the last memories I have before I (again) fell asleep at the mic was asking in chat whether anyone else could hear the static. It always happens though in every recording, and sometimes it's really noisy enough that it makes it hard for me to completely hear what everyone's saying.

Having said that, I really don't think it's you; I noticed it, albeit to a lesser extent, in the one CIA recording I did. It's just Talkshoe or Skype or GIzmo or the interaction of those things. I have friends who have cable telephone service and they say they notice occasional periods of static, too. Could just be the current state of VoIP.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Tuesday, May 29 2007 @ 07:10 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] I know it didn't start till after we started recording, because one of the last memories I have before I (again) fell asleep at the mic was asking in chat whether anyone else could hear the static.

You fell asleep during a recording? Big Grin Is it mentioned in the show? If so, I haven't gotten to that part yet. Is it in 77 or 78 or one of the later ones not yet feed released? That's funny.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored