The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 24
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 24
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  What became of Kamelion
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    What became of Kamelion Views: 900
     Friday, February 03 2006 @ 04:25 PM EST
    The Doctor was forced to kill Kamelion w/the Master's TCE near the end of the 5th Doctor adv. "Planet of Fire".
    Would love to see a CGI adv. of Dr Who. Or even Tom Baker doing a Big Finish production.

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, February 03 2006 @ 04:32 PM EST
    Thanks. The last time I saw all of the Davison episodes was late 80s or early 90s, so I have no memory of that.

I've been collecting VHS copies (where DVD isn't available) for some time now, so I eventually hope to be able to watch all Doctor Who episodes, and I'll catch up as I can.

Sad when I think I had taped every single episode from Baker's first to McCoy's last, but slowly, over the past decade or so, REUSED those tapes!!!

(*kicks self*)

Thanks!

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Friday, February 03 2006 @ 06:49 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] Sad when I think I had taped every single episode ..... but slowly, over the past decade or so, REUSED those tapes!!!

(*kicks self*)

Ahh, I wouldn't feel too bad about it. After all, the BBC did the very same thing with the early ones Razz

Abersoch

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, February 04 2006 @ 03:50 AM EST

Sean, Abersoch beat me to it, I was just going to post the same thing... that the BBC did the same thing with the early Doctor Who episodes as well.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Saturday, February 04 2006 @ 08:10 AM EST
    [Quote  ]
    Sad when I think I had taped every single episode from Baker's first to McCoy's last, but slowly, over the past decade or so, REUSED those tapes!!!

Could be worse Sean. I taped the Doctor religiously from the seventies through the eighties, but by the time I finished with the McCoy episodes, my earliest tapes were all but worn out.

Talk "Full Circle", eh? Wink

Shade and Swee*censored*er,
    Jeff

"Being generous is inborn; being altruistic is a learned perversity. No resemblance--" From The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, February 04 2006 @ 09:35 AM EST
    Several times now, a post I make does not show up...

So I repost:

It could indeed be worse. In the mid-late 1980s I hosted a local cable show where I was living, called "Computer Connection" in which our computer club showed off new software, did reviews, and just talked computers, aimed at those out there with computers but not too much experience on how to use them.

I'd end each segment with a little graphics tutorial using an Amiga, sketching something, like perhaps Cookie Monster eating a cookie, etc, and it got really good response in town. People loved it.

We did six episodes, and they erased the tapes almost as soon as the shows aired, before I could get copies of the show.

GRRRR! I know how Troughton feels... or at least I have a hint of it.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Saturday, February 04 2006 @ 02:30 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] Several times now, a post I make does not show up...

I am sorry about that Sean... I don't know if this was the case with your previous attempt to post or not, but I do know there seems to be a bug in the forum software used here where if you quote a previous message and edit out some of the quote (so you are not quoting the entire message) but if you leave out one of the quote tags (there is an opening quote tag and a closing quote tag... if one is deleted and other is not) it seems to prevent the entire message from showing I have noticed.

Again, I don't know if that was the case with your message or not... but I noticed it with other postings in which there were problems with it showing up.

There is a new version of the forum software that is in a 'Final Release Candidate" beta release. I was just waiting for the actual non-beta release to go through the trouble of upgrading to it. But I am not sure when that will happen. Hopefully the new version will address this issue.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, February 06 2006 @ 09:32 AM EST
    I'm so far behind here. I had just seen "Planet of Fire" two weeks ago. I hadn't seen it since the '80s and I must admit that it was great to see that episode again. Yes, the special effects were crappy (do you remember the minature Master trapped in his Tardis?), but it was a good episode to see again.

And to give some more details:

Kamelion makes contact with The Master and, as Peri's stepfather (Howard), takes control of the Tardis at one point and tries to force Peri to help him free the Master (he needs the special blue fire to regenerate his body since he had a mishap on experimenting with the TCE).

Monday, February 06 2006 @ 10:10 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Mohan] (he needs the special blue fire to regenerate his body since he had a mishap on experimenting with the TCE).

Wasn't it in a previous story that the Doctor sabotages the Master's TARDIS with the TCE, or did that happen in this story? I seem to remember something like that, but it has been so long since I've watched my non-DVD Davison eps.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, February 06 2006 @ 11:27 AM EST
    According to the classic guide click here for the guide, the previous story was "Resurrection of the Daleks." I think the last time that the Master had been seen during the fifth doctor's reign was "The Five Doctors."

Monday, February 06 2006 @ 12:26 PM EST

Now, I could be mistaken. I do seem to remember the Doctor fiddling with the TCE. Don't remember which Doctor, though... now that I come to think of it.

Taras

Monday, February 06 2006 @ 12:32 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Now, I could be mistaken. I do seem to remember the Doctor fiddling with the TCE. Don't remember which Doctor, though... now that I come to think of it.

Taras

It was The King's Demon's!

Taras

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored