The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Caretaker? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'The Caretaker' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 28th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 311 - 'Time Heist' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  

Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Podshock Archives?
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Podshock Archives? Views: 1192
     Monday, July 09 2007 @ 02:42 PM EDT
    HELLO!

I admit to being a newbie, both to this Forum and Doctor Who. I watched the first two seasons of this incarnation of Doctor Who with kinda a take it or leave it attitude...but after a marathon session of Season 3 this past weekend, I am ready to call myself a Whovian.

Anyway, I listened to the most recent Podcast and would like to listen to what came before. I found the Podcast LIVE window on the left side of the screen, but I didn't know if there was an archive of all the Podcasts? I admit, I haven't made an exhaustive search of this website, but I thought you all could point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

The ExtermaKnitter

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 02:45 PM EDT

Hopefully this page will explain it all: Podshock

You should be able to get all the episodes via iTunes or other podcast catcher software.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 02:52 PM EDT
    Welcome to the forum!

As well as the info tarashnat has posted you can go to Podcast Alley and get all the episodes back to No1 - plus there is info on each episode.

Check this page:-

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 02:52 PM EDT

It looks like the enhanced feed only goes back to episode 36. The MP3 feed goes all the way back to episode 1. I'll have to see if there is another repository.

Taras

Edit: thanks Dave, saves me searching for it.
    Edit 2: MP3 feed has all old episodes. AAC (enhanced) feed only has to 36.

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 03:58 PM EDT
    You all ROCK! I knew you could hook me up!

I mean, what else is there for me to listen to at work!LOL

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 04:15 PM EDT

You can subscribe and get past episodes via iTunes here.

For some reason, iTunes only goes back to episode 6... They probably cut off after 101 listings (which we now exceeded due to the Aftershock episodes and videos).

You can use either of main feeds, but the most complete will be the Enhanced Podcast AAC feed having every episode because a few of the very early episodes only came out in AAC format.

Our Enhance Podcast AAC Feed is here

Our plain old MP3 feed is here

If you would like to download episodes manually... (not using a podcasting client or iTunes), just use the link under Topics on the left column on our site and click DW: Podshock. Every episode is represented there. Please note the multiple pages (page numbers are on the bottom) of each web page.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 04:17 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    It looks like the enhanced feed only goes back to episode 36. The MP3 feed goes all the way back to episode 1. I'll have to see if there is another repository.

Taras

The AAC (Enhanced) has them all too... In fact, it is even more complete because there were a few early episodes that only came out in AAC Enhanced Podcasts.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 04:55 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Taras

The AAC (Enhanced) has them all too... In fact, it is even more complete because there were a few early episodes that only came out in AAC Enhanced Podcasts.

Cheers,
    Louis

I guess it must be some of the quirks on how iTunes handles podcasts...

Maybe I deleted the prior ones (on the AAC) in the office, and iTunes doesn't redisplay them. My MP3 feed listing has 1 & 2, but is missing 3 & 4. Weird.

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 05:46 PM EDT
    OK, what I am about to post could, quite possibly expose how technologically challenged I truly am, but I beg you to be gentle with me Wink

So I tried some of the links, generously provided by Louis and I can't get them to work...

When I try the ITunes link, I get a page from ITunes telling me to access it via the store, when I go to the ITunes store...I can only find and download the most recent podcast Cry

When I try to access the AAC feed and I get a page ful of text Cry

I think these are all either operator errors on my part or work computer lameness...

The DW:Shock link seems to be the only one I can figure out...

While I can listen to the Podcasts using that link, does anyone know what my problem is with the ITunes method (for future reference)?

Thanks

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 05:52 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  ExtermaKnitter]

While I can listen to the Podcasts using that link, does anyone know what my problem is with the ITunes method (for future reference)?

Thanks

Just to clear things up - with iTunes have you 'subscribed' to Podshock?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 06:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  ExtermaKnitter] OK, what I am about to post could, quite possibly expose how technologically challenged I truly am, but I beg you to be gentle with me Wink

So I tried some of the links, generously provided by Louis and I can't get them to work...

When I try the ITunes link, I get a page from ITunes telling me to access it via the store, when I go to the ITunes store...I can only find and download the most recent podcast Cry

When I try to access the AAC feed and I get a page ful of text Cry

I think these are all either operator errors on my part or work computer lameness...

The DW:Shock link seems to be the only one I can figure out...

Thanks

Copy the complete link ending in .xml [ http://www.gallifreyanembassy.org/podshock/podshock.xml ]

In iTunes, under the Advanced menu select Subscribe to Podcastů.

Paste the link in the box and click OK.

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 06:19 PM EDT
    I'm sorry all, I think this is just beyond me...I did subscribe and it is in my ITunes as subscribed and I happily listened to the most recent Podshock, but it only gives me that last one...

As I typed this, dorko, AKA, ExtermaKnitter has discovered that if she clicks on the "Album" button for the Podshock she can see AND download all the earlier podcasts Idea you have just witnessed the light bulb coming on!

Sorry everyone, this is my first attempt to "get" podcasting...

Thanks for your help and patience!

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 06:26 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  ExtermaKnitter] I'm sorry all, I think this is just beyond me...I did subscribe and it is in my ITunes as subscribed and I happily listened to the most recent Podshock, but it only gives me that last one...

As I typed this, dorko, AKA, ExtermaKnitter has discovered that if she clicks on the "Album" button for the Podshock she can see AND download all the earlier podcasts Idea you have just witnessed the light bulb coming on!

Sorry everyone, this is my first attempt to "get" podcasting...

Thanks for your help and patience!

I can tell you're not a Mac user - as I had that same problem.

At the side of the 'Dr Who: Podshock listing there should be a small triangle (to the left of the wording)

Click on that and it should rotate to 'open up' the folder - and then list the episodes available for download.

Cheers, daveac

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 06:43 PM EDT
    Hehehe operator error SmileHow many times have I done that.

I'm glad you found them though. You'll have loads to listen to so enjoy Smile

http://themedusacascadegazette.blogspot.com/
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, July 09 2007 @ 07:22 PM EDT
    Copy the complete link ending in .xml [ http://www.gallifreyanembassy.org/podshock/podshock.xml ]

In iTunes, under the Advanced menu select Subscribe to Podcastů.

Paste the link in the box and click OK.

That will indeed work... but being that this is Apple, there's even an easier route... You can simply drag and drop the link for the feed into iTunes, and iTunes will subscribe you to it automatically. At least that is how it works on the Mac side... Windows mileage may vary.

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic