The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Moya Brady at Gallifey 2008
    Moya Brady at Gallifey 2008
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  New Studio podcasts?
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New Studio podcasts? Views: 3144
     Friday, February 08 2008 @ 02:51 PM EST
    Any chance of some soon?

Hello?

Bueller?

Am I the only person that detests the live podcast format? Long winded, lots of repetition, really nothing new covered... I've skipped several shows and are anxiously awaiting a new studio show.

Ciotka Judi, The Polish Blonde
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 04:11 PM EST
    Amen, sister.

I enjoyed a couple of the live podcasts more than I thought I would, but I almost always shut them off long before the end. I definitely prefer the "real" show.

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 04:40 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Satai Styx]
    Any chance of some soon?

You're not paying attention - we've just had a studio episode appear on the site - Epi 102.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 05:06 PM EST
    I love all the podshock shows whether live or studio. However, listening to episodes 100 (both parts) and 102 I realise how much I prefer the studio shows. I miss the banter between Louis, Ken and James. They are also more varied and deal with different topics. I also miss the listener reviews (especially Darth Skeptical who obviously puts so much thought into all his reviews and always make me view/listen to the subject matter in a new way).
    Having said that, I do understand how much time has to be put into post production (thankyou always Louis) and how much easier the live shows are to do... I have no complaints. If anything, they make the studio shows feel more special when we do get them.

Keep up the good work guys, whatever type of show you you do!!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 05:21 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Dalzo] I love all the podshock shows whether live or studio. However, listening to episodes 100 (both parts) and 102 I realise how much I prefer the studio shows. I miss the banter between Louis, Ken and James.

Keep up the good work guys, whatever type of show you you do!!!

I think both have their place - Live and Studio.

I think the Live one's suffered on audio quality recently because of all the changes going on (improvements) with TalkShoe - but I think the Live episodes that have been on the Series Overview and on each Doctor in turn have been great.

The Studio one's do rock though! Cool

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 05:28 PM EST

Dave,

I think Judi is refering to this lineup of upcoming podcasts (to the main feed that is):

LIVE: 103, 104, 105, 106, 108

"STUDIO": 107

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 10:26 PM EST
    having just caught up on the a huge number of podshocks (listened #82 - #94 in the past 7 days) I think I can safely say that although the live shows are not bad, I definitely prefer the studio shows.
    I think a ratio of one live show to one studio show might be a better ratio going forward.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 08 2008 @ 11:32 PM EST

My guess would be that barring a massive incursion from the rift, we will see a lot of TalkShoe shows from April thru June. This is my hunch. We will have new stories airing on both BBC1 and SciFi(US). I predict that there will be a "live studio" show soon. (*cough* Gallifrey *cough*) I can not predict when it will hit the feeds, though. I don't have a working TARDIS.

Should I put a spoiler warning on this post?

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 02:54 AM EST

Well, we do have a good deal of live shows still in the post-production queue right now. A couple studio ones as well. Once caught up, we will hopefully have a more balanced ratio of live and studio shows.

I was hoping to get one of our recorded live shows out on the main feeds today (Saturday), but it never happened as instead my time was tied up acquiring some new portable recording hardware and testing it with existing gear in preparation for next week's coverage of Gallifrey 2008.

I am happy to say that as far that I am pleased with we have lined up for next week in Los Angeles.

Hopefully, I will be able to get 103 (which is a live show) in and out of post-production tomorrow and out on the feeds.

Tomorrow we are also recording another live over the net show, this one on the 10th Doctor, David Tennant. We may need to renumber this one from 109 to 110... as we may have a studio episode in the can pending post production that will be episode 109. Episode 111 will be all the Gallifrey 2008 coverage (actually, it may take several episodes to get through what we will record next week)... There are no other live shows scheduled at this point after tomorrow as we will be doing more studio shows.

Before you know it, it will be April and we will be reviewing each new episode of the 2008 series of DW once again via TalkShoe.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM EST
    Unfortunately the number of live shows this year has led to all of the people I turned on to Podshock during 2005-07 stopping listening. Some people do like them and we know there are good reasons why there have been so many but the overall impact has I think been a negative one. At first these people started skipping the live shows and coming back to check out the studio ones but out of site can become out of mind and now they don't listen at all. This is not an opinion just an anecdotal observation of the fans that I know.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM EST

Perhaps we should take a break with the live shows... until at least the new series debuts. Or what about a separate feed for just the live over the net shows? In other words, those that rather not hear the live shows at all won't be bothered with them on our main feeds and only those interested in listening to the live shows can subscribe to the separate feed?

Perhaps that arrangement is something that can accommodate those that like the live shows and those that do not as well as those that like both. What do you think?

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Perhaps we should take a break with the live shows... until at least the new series debuts.

Perhaps that arrangement is something that can accommodate those that like the live shows and those that do not as well as those that like both. What do you think?

Cheers,
    Louis

This is difficult - as we saw today the Live show is popular with those there - 36 today I think.

Perhaps the naming of the shows ie. in iTunes - can feature the word LIVE and Studio

I don't know if Podsock could have 'two' entries.

At least if CIA can take up the alternate weeks then it will be easier to stick to the live,studio,live order.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    This is difficult - as we saw today the Live show is popular with those there - 36 today I think.

Perhaps the naming of the shows ie. in iTunes - can feature the word LIVE and Studio

I don't know if Podsock could have 'two' entries.

At least if CIA can take up the alternate weeks then it will be easier to stick to the live,studio,live order.

Cheers, daveac

They already have two feeds in iTunes one for the AC3 and one that is just MP3. Yes the show is popular on TalkShoe and I think it is a good release for those who want to participate. Audio quaility will vary and yes there is some repetition, but I like both formats of the show and I know others that do as well. Since there is little edititing done on the TS shows you could just leave the live shows for the TS feed and go studio on the main feed (no change needed except for renumbering from this point on).

Cheers,
    Mike

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM EST
    Personally, I think the live shows work best when they are reviewing new episodes. For instance, we are about to do a live show on The David Tennant Years (which is great and I will be listening) but we have already had round tables on Seasons 2 and 3 (that one only a matter of months ago) and I feel that we may just end up covering old ground. In an ideal world we would have live shows when there is a season on (or a special) and we have new material to discuss and studio shows for the subsequent times when we can have reviews of Big Finish audios, books, toys etc (which we just have not had since starting the live shows). especially now we have covered all the previous Doctors. Having said that, I would rather have live shows then no shows at all!!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, February 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Perhaps we should take a break with the live shows... until at least the new series debuts. Or what about a separate feed for just the live over the net shows? In other words, those that rather not hear the live shows at all won't be bothered with them on our main feeds and only those interested in listening to the live shows can subscribe to the separate feed?

Cheers,
    Louis

It's something to think about. The two formats are actually quite different. One is a presented show with news, interviews, reviews, etc and the other is a recorded chat room. Both have an audience but that audience is not always the same. Those of us who listen, take part and post see the merit of the round table format but I'm hearing more and more that a large amount of the Podshock audience (maybe even a majority) does not.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored