The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    DVDs within TARDIS Interior (R1 2005 DVD Box Set)
    DVDs within TARDIS Interior (R1 2005 DVD Box Set)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Live show sugestion...
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Live show sugestion... Views: 1452
     Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 09:09 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] Well, I doubt our commentaries would be so precise... as long as our comments fall somewhere along the lines of what is being seen and heard on the screen.

Right?

We could probably watch an episode three times during an average Podshock...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM EDT

Well, I doubt our commentaries would be so precise... as long as our comments fall somewhere along the lines of what is being seen and heard on the screen.

Right?

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM EDT
    a few of us. maybe the core 3? get together online and watch a doctor who story providing us with a commentry!

they could all press play on iplayer or a dvd at the same time and it shouldnt get that out of sync... and well its a thought...

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 04:50 AM EDT

We haven't done a commentary episode in a looooong time. The Christmas Invasion was the last one we did. Perhaps doing it as a live show would suit it well. I know Ken and myself have been talking about doing it again recently. I wouldn't have thought about doing in a live show format, but now thinking about it, I think it may be cool to do it that way.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 04:51 AM EDT

This may be something we can do now and then for our podcast spin off show..

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 05:45 AM EDT
    just give me a shout if you want a random brit involved!

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 06:40 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast] a few of us. maybe the core 3? get together online and watch a doctor who story providing us with a commentry!

they could all press play on iplayer or a dvd at the same time and it shouldnt get that out of sync... and well its a thought...

Well If people are using DVD players they can get out of sync - If one is Region 1 and another is Region 2 there is a 4% speed difference.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 07:11 AM EDT
    good point.

oh well. it was a thought...

could we all stream from the same source?

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 08:29 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast] a few of us. maybe the core 3? get together online and watch a doctor who story providing us with a commentry!

Well If people are using DVD players they can get out of sync - If one is Region 1 and another is Region 2 there is a 4% speed difference.

Cheers, daveac

Is there really?
    Whose is faster?

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM EDT
    yeah one is fractionally faster than the other.

I seem to remember from uni that its got to do with the frame rate of the images rather than the colour coding.

its more noticeable in movies rather than video as one was 25 fps rather than 24 so the transfer created a running time dif.

the region one NTSC vs PAL thing should have gone the way of all flesh some time ago.

I seem to remember that (historically) its got something to do with Voltage frequency too... but i may be making that up...

but if we all used a streaming vid from the same source directly into our headphones the sound of us commenting on it wouldn't pic up the source material...

oh its a technical can of worms...

maybe easyer to just listen to Tachyon TVs comenrtys... there funnier than anything i could do.

you use 110 and we use 240 i think.

Thursday, April 17 2008 @ 12:21 PM EDT

Movies - 24 fps (frames per second)
    PAL/SECAM - 25 fps / 50 interlaced fields per second (based on 50 Hz AC mains freq.)
    NTSC - 30 fps / 60 interlaced fields per second (based on 60 Hz AC mains freq.)

It is all based on frequency of the mains electical delivery, not voltage. Just in the ConEd service territory (NYC and some suburbs north), there is 120VAC, 220VAC, 240VAC, and 480VAC. And that is just what is delivered to most customers that don't require high voltage services like 2.4 or 4kVAC or higher, or DC service. Yes, there is still some DC service in Manhattan. Most outlets are 120VAC, but there are the occasional 220/240VAC outlets for the more powerful air conditioners.

Saturday, April 19 2008 @ 06:33 AM EDT
    I had no idea you has so many diffrent types of voltage in the US.

Somewhere the tea is getting cold
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, April 19 2008 @ 10:11 AM EDT
    I never knew there were so many voltage differences, either.

I have been known to watch MST3K on youtube with friends in the UK with our headsets on and we just sort of let it buffer up and then press play at the same time. It's not a perfect system but it's worked Smile

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Saturday, April 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM EDT
    That's wild. I never knew about the slight speed difference between NTSC and PAL. Does the source of the content decide which DVD has the "actual" running time (i.e a Hollywood movie released on NTSC vs a BBC TV show released on PAL)? It doesn't seem like it would make that much of a difference. A three-hour movie would only be 7 minutes shorter using that 4% difference quote stated above.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, April 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel] That's wild. I never knew about the slight speed difference between NTSC and PAL. Does the source of the content decide which DVD has the "actual" running time (i.e a Hollywood movie released on NTSC vs a BBC TV show released on PAL)? It doesn't seem like it would make that much of a difference. A three-hour movie would only be 7 minutes shorter using that 4% difference quote stated above.

Conversions may add or drop frames. It all depends on who is doing it and what method they choose to use.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored