The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Inside Booklet (2005 DVD Box Set)
    Inside Booklet (2005 DVD Box Set)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Can't wait for Podshock #34!!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Can't wait for Podshock #34!! Views: 4522
     Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 02:59 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    Get your tea on... because Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 34 is now available on both feeds as well as via direct downloads from our site.

Cheers,
    Louis

Already pimped...

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 03:31 AM EDT

Thank you so much Taras. I am making a special cup of tea for you!

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 04:57 AM EDT
    And you know what goes nice with a proper cuppa?

A full English Breakfast

click me for details

It consists of Bacon, eggs, hash brown, sausages, black pudding (dried and fried pig's blood), all fried in lard in the same pan, served with baked beans and toast, with a nice dollop of Ketchup AND brown sauce on the side.
    It'll clog up both your hearts if eaten regularly!

Enjoy!

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 06:36 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  stjohnny] And you know what goes nice with a proper cuppa?

A full English Breakfast

click me for details

It consists of Bacon, eggs, hash brown, sausages, black pudding (dried and fried pig's blood), all fried in lard in the same pan, served with baked beans and toast, with a nice dollop of Ketchup AND brown sauce on the side.

Enjoy!

Oh course! Heavenly.

Most planets have a North!

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 08:51 AM EDT
    Get your tea on... because Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 34 is now available on both feeds as well as via direct downloads from our site.

Cheers,
    Louis

Yes - downloaded and listened to.

Two points:-

I notice that the Dr Who confidential - BBC 3 8pm - as mentioned in Podshock 34 - is actually a 30 minute one! Big Grin - I thought they were only 15 minutes last time?

Second - I listen to Podshock on my PC in the mp3 option.

What software do I need to play the enhanced mp4 version on a PC rather than the iPod it's intended for - is that possible?

Cheers and thanks for another great 'show' - daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 09:36 AM EDT
    Actually I think hash browns are part of an American breakfast and while they may have become popular in England they are not part of a "traditional English breakfast."

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 09:47 AM EDT
    Tes is done steeping, and I'm having steak, waffles, and sausages this morning while listening to Podshock #34! (I might need a gastric bypass after I finish eating)

I'm halfway through the show now...enjoying it... the chaps are rather giddy on this episode, and the energy from that is great!

Cheers! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 10:08 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    What software do I need to play the enhanced mp4 version on a PC rather than the iPod it's intended for - is that possible?

The software you need is iTunes. Once downloaded, click this link to take you to our page on the podcast section of the iTunes music store. Subscribe and magically each new show will appear whenever it is available. There are also chapters, links and pictures associated with each show! Just email me if you need any more help.

Most planets have a North!

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 10:54 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac] I notice that the Dr Who confidential - BBC 3 8pm - as mentioned in Podshock 34 - is actually a 30 minute one! Big Grin - I thought they were only 15 minutes last time?

Confidential was 30 minutes in its original, and then rebroadcast as a "Cut Down" mostly due to rights issues with music and to remove most of the references to the classic series.

[Quote  by:  daveac] Second - I listen to Podshock on my PC in the mp3 option.

iTunes will play the enhanced (mp4) version on a PC. The enhanced version will only play on newer iPods, Older iPods cannot play them. My 3 G iPod is not able to play them.

Taras

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 12:23 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat] .... My 3 G iPod is not able to play them.

Taras

Hmmm... It should play on the 3G iPod. Granted, without the photos.... I seem to recall playing Enhanced Podcasts on my old 3G iPod without problems. I will have to check it out again. They do play fine with all their features (except URL links) on the 4G and 5G iPods. There may be issues with the 1G and 2G iPods, though.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 12:30 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  stjohnny] And you know what goes nice with a proper cuppa?

A full English Breakfast

click me for details

Enjoy!

Now I'm getting "HUNGRY!" - (cue the Great Architect clip from Paradise Towers my pet!)

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 12:34 PM EDT

I just dusted off my old 3G iPod and played the most recent Podshock I had on this iPod which is Episode 17. It played OK, just without the enhanced features that the Enhanced Podcast offers. Now this is a .m4b file, not .m4a file which started Episode 21 (after upgrading to GarageBand 3 in our production). So I need to sync up the old 3G iPod to get one of the episodes using .m4a to be sure (the old 3G iPod is only 30GB, so it is already filled up, I will need to make room on it to fit more data).

Taras, do you have the latest firmware update on your 3G iPod? I recall when the Enhanced Podcast format was first introduced, Apple released an updater for the iPods including for the 3G iPod which will enable playability of these files.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 12:36 PM EDT

Taras

Hmmm... It should play on the 3G iPod. Granted, without the photos.... I seem to recall playing Enhanced Podcasts on my old 3G iPod without problems. I will have to check it out again. They do play fine with all their features (except URL links) on the 4G and 5G iPods. There may be issues with the 1G and 2G iPods, though.

Cheers,
    Louis

I remember something that wouldn't show up on my 3G iPod. I'll have to check again, but I was almost positive it was the enhanced podcast.

Taras

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 01:10 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  James]
    [Quote  by:  daveac]

The software you need is iTunes. Once downloaded, click this link to take you to our page on the podcast section of the iTunes music store. Subscribe and magically each new show will appear whenever it is available. There are also chapters, links and pictures associated with each show! Just email me if you need any more help.

Well I have found that I have iTunes on my PC - my son who lives in Dundee must have put it on last time he came home.

But I tried to drop the downloaded file DW_Podshock_34.mp4 in iTunes - I don't want to subscribe I not be downloading music - but the iTunes seems to want a file with '.mpu' rather than '.mp4'

so it doesn't seem to run when loaded locally.

I must be making a basic mistake somewhere.

Cheers, daveac

PS I my Dr Who on Ready Steady Cook thread there is a much clearer and longer sound clip where he discusses Dr Who and his Dad talks about his early acting.

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, April 15 2006 @ 01:17 PM EDT

Taras

I was wrong, I just copied all the Podshocks to my 30 GB 3G iPod, and they seem to play fine. It must have been something else that didn't play on that iPod, or I just may have thought I loaded something on it that I did not. I stand corrected. I humbly bow my head in mock shame...

Now, it's going to bother me for weeks what it was! Unless my memory works for once...

I use my 3G iPod for Big Finish and podcasts now, mostly and my 5G for music and the occasional video... I loaded some of the trailers onto it for when I need a Doctor Who fix, and the 3G is not in hand.

Taras

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored