The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Emilia meets Eric Potts (Slitheen & Corrie) 2006
    Emilia meets Eric Potts (Slitheen & Corrie) 2006
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Can't wait for Podshock #34!!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Can't wait for Podshock #34!! Views: 4458
     Monday, April 17 2006 @ 08:14 AM EDT

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 08:17 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    Just tried again.
    Cheers, daveac

Sorry! and again.

Search all podcasts - this time with - Doctor Who

How top three choices are Doctor Who (Get info doesn't say - but I think this is the BBC one on the Christmas Invasion)
    Doctor Who: Podshock MP3 - which this time IS downloading as 'Doctor WhoRazzodshock - 34
    but as I wait for it to download I suspect it will be the plain mp3 verion as its named as such

The third choice is Doctor Who: Podshock - which I'll try next but expect it to be the 34sec video 4 (the right click 'get info' doesn't say anything)

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 08:53 AM EDT

Sorry! and again.
    Search all podcasts - this time with - Doctor Who

How top three choices are Doctor Who (Get info doesn't say - but I think this is the BBC one on the Christmas Invasion)
    Doctor Who: Podshock MP3 - which this time IS downloading as 'Doctor WhoRazzodshock - 34
    but as I wait for it to download I suspect it will be the plain mp3 verion as its named as such

The third choice is Doctor Who: Podshock - which I'll try next but expect it to be the 34sec video 4 (the right click 'get info' doesn't say anything)

Cheers, daveac

Right It's just downloaded Podshock 34 - but it is the mp3 version 40,857 kbs rather than the enhanced one which it why I'm using iTunes at all - that is 42,826k as downloaded yesterday directly from the site.

By the why downloading from iTumes took about 10 times longer than from the site.

Now have gone onto the third choice and it has just downloaded and is the video 4 34 sec clip again.

So to sum up - for anyone who has bothered to check this thread out Rolling Eyes

Downloading from site is faster and if the enhanced version is remamed from mp4 (as that is how it downloads) to m4a then iTunes will play it.

The mp3 version will of course play in many players - I use WinAmp.

But as mentioned by Louis using the iTunes download helps boost Podshock - however I have still been unable to get the enhanced version from iTunes Podcast directory - it's not one of the four listed - they are:-
    BBC version
    Podshock mp3
    Podshock video 4
    BTR Productions

I'm going to stop now - I think I need to rest Confused

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 08:57 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Have you tried File > Open or just dragging the file into the iTunes window? There should be no reason to import, as this is one of the natively supported formats.

Also, podcast subscriptions are different form the iTunes Music store. You do not need to give any information for free podcasts. You can go to Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast... and paste the XML link for either the enhanced or mp3 feeds, and then iTunes can be used to check whether there is a new file on the feed. No purchase necessary.

Taras

XML link: http://www.gallifreyanembassy.org/podshock/podshock.xml

The above will get you subscribed.

If you want to use the iTunes Music Store, then under iTunes click on the Music Store in the source sidebar.

On the left side of that page under Inside the Music Store click the Podcasts link.

On the left side of that page below Inside the Music Store and Account there is a search field. Type "Podshock" in the field and click the magnifying glass icon.

You should get two results: the mp3 feed and the normal feed. Click subscribe next to Doctor Who: Podshock

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 11:09 AM EDT

If you want to use the iTunes Music Store, then under iTunes click on the Music Store in the source sidebar.

On the left side of that page under Inside the Music Store click the Podcasts link.

On the left side of that page below Inside the Music Store and Account there is a search field. Type "Podshock" in the field and click the magnifying glass icon.

You should get two results: the mp3 feed and the normal feed. Click subscribe next to Doctor Who: Podshock

Taras

Thank for replying

the xml link does nothing in my IE - it just opens a page of xml text - as the firt bit below:-

-
    -
    Doctor Who: Podshock
    http://gallifreyanembassy.org
    An international podcast centered around the longest running

If you looked back at my posting - and I understand anybody skipping most of them you will see that I have no troulbe getting the mp3 version iTunes or on the site.
    searhing podcast for Podshock shows the mp3 version and Podshock - BUT - if you download THAT link you get Podshock video 4 (34sec)

I think iTunes database thinks 4 is a more recent number than 34 - That's the only thing I can think.

But again anyone go to iTunes - search for Podshock or Doctor Who and the 42,826k m4a version is not available.

I don't really care now - each week I'll get it from the site but Louis wants people to subscribe to iTunes to pust the numbers up - which I would do for the enhanced version.

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 11:20 AM EDT
    I don't really care now - each week I'll get it from the site but Louis wants people to subscribe to iTunes to pust the numbers up - which I would do for the enhanced version.

Cheers, daveac

One last time I've openned iTunes - I've opened Advanced
    I've cut and pasted the xml address - and in iTunes
    it shows:- Doctor Who: Podshock (time)0.34 (Release Date) 17/04/2006

Which is a later date than Podshock 34 I think.

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 11:51 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  MikeD] I have tea I've purchased in both the UK and the middle east that has drawstrings. Some bags have them and some don't. It's about the brand and how people tend to drink it more than what country you are in. The drawstrings can get a bit icky but there's no major impact on the final product.

Eek! Eek! Eek!

I beg you pardon, sir, OH YES THERE IS!

You do NOT make tea by using bags with drawstrings and dangling the things in a cup of water - that would be like serving an instant coffee to someone from America. It is just "not done".

(Honestly! No wonder this world is in the state it is!)

You use bags (without drawstrings) - or loose leaf tea with a tea strainer - and a pot and anyone who says otherwise should leave this forum immediately!

Abersoch

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 12:01 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Abersoch] You use bags (without drawstrings) - or loose leaf tea with a tea strainer - and a pot and anyone who says otherwise should leave this forum immediately!

Abersoch

So my point was this: How does the string affect the tea? I put three bags (strings sticking out) in the pot. Why does the string matter?

For me, I often make a full pot at night, but sometimes I use a single bag in a hand-thrown pottery cup that's my favorite tea cup. I can tell little difference. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Also, I use condensed milk in my tea (an old Newfoundland tradition.) I find regular milk or anything else, just too thin, and ruins the taste of the tea.

But I'm not going to leave the forum... Wink

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 12:30 PM EDT
    Well technically it's about the leaves having enough space to circulate and give flavour. Tea bags without strings are larger than ones without so there is more space. I suppose if you want to use a drawstring bag in a cup then size for size the circulation isn't an issue but the bags with strings also tend to use a different material for the bag which doesn't let the flavour out. From a tea connoiseur's point of few, using a bag in a cup is a bit like eating your dinner with your fingers instead of being bothered to use a knife and fork.

Hmm, condensed milk you say... Well, I suppose it would give the tea a sweeter taste and you wouldn't need to use too much - about a teaspoon should do. They tend to use that on ships because there is less fresh milk around.

Mind you, at least you didn't say you use UHT. If you had, then I would have had no choice but to take the next plane over there and slap you silly. Wink

Abersoch

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 12:51 PM EDT

Taras

Thank for replying

the xml link does nothing in my IE - it just opens a page of xml text - as the firt bit below:-

-
    -
    Doctor Who: Podshock
    http://gallifreyanembassy.org
    An international podcast centered around the longest running

If you looked back at my posting - and I understand anybody skipping most of them you will see that I have no troulbe getting the mp3 version iTunes or on the site.
    searhing podcast for Podshock shows the mp3 version and Podshock - BUT - if you download THAT link you get Podshock video 4 (34sec)

I think iTunes database thinks 4 is a more recent number than 34 - That's the only thing I can think.

But again anyone go to iTunes - search for Podshock or Doctor Who and the 42,826k m4a version is not available.

Cheers, daveac

The link was not for IE but for using the procedure I had listed above it... ignore that for now.

Since iTunes got the video (blame Louis for that...) I assume you are subscribed.

That being the case, in iTunes select Podcasts in the Source sidebar.

Click the arrow next to Doctor Who: Podshock.

You should see a list of all the back episodes. Those in black have been downloaded. Those in grey you can choose to download by pressing the Get button.

Those that are in black also appear in your Library and in any playlist you happen to put them in (not important for now, but helps to organize things)

You can play the episodes by double clicking on any one here in the Podcasts view, or you can play them from the Library or any Playlist that has them in it...

Hope this clears it up. I had assumed that you were having difficulty subscribing (still) and got distracted with all this talk of tea... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

iTunes will automatically download the latest episode. if there are two or more releases since the last time you had iTunes running, then only the latest is downloaded, and you'll have to "get" the prior one(s).

Taras

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 01:16 PM EDT
    Okay, moving back from tea and subscription issues, to the veracity of our lovely hosts.

I just listened to Podshock 34 and I have to say I am shocked, I tell you shocked! to hear Ken and Louis talk so disrespectfully of Dalek. I'm not sure I can ever respect their opinions again.

I am U.S. American and didn't have any Dalekmania growing up, but Good God, they are the Doctor's oldest foes! They're the bleeding Daleks! And when he met this one, it was an electrifyingly fantastic moment! The episode zoomed along and carried me right with it. This was when I began to care how the series was going to progress, from thinking it was just a lark to feeling this was truly worthwhile entertainment. A jolly good time, and an episode I've watched over and over again.

Yes, the Van Statten character was ridiculously implausible, the progression of Dalek from killing machine to teddy bear was too quick, but GoodGod! What brilliant fun!

Next to Dalek, New Earth is rubbish.

Love and kisses,

Neil

And p.s., just to know that I still feel the love for all things Podshock, I just finished pimping the podcast on another forum.

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM EDT

Click the arrow next to Doctor Who: Podshock.

You should see a list of all the back episodes.

Taras

Unbelivable Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

That little - that tiny - microscopic - arrow (too big a word for it) was the only step needed to uncover all those Podshock episodes.

Podshock 34 is the very next one listed - but of course no visible until you click on the tiny arrow.

Do I put the nunce's cap - or am I right in thinking many others would just miss it and not bother again.

Thanks Taras

By the way i didn't drop the xml into IE I just clicked on the Doctor Who: Podshock label on the right side of the Home page - that then just openned up IE as xml text.

Anyway as a test I've clicked the 'GET' symbol and No. 34 is downloading.

Cheers, daveac.

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 01:39 PM EDT

So Neil, when it comes to what James and I said do you agree on our take more ? . I think we were more kind to that episode I believe. Wait until you hear the review of the Long Game, very interesting options on that one.... Smile

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 02:17 PM EDT

Unbelivable Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

That little - that tiny - microscopic - arrow (too big a word for it) was the only step needed to uncover all those Podshock episodes.

By way of explaination of me being dimwitted:-

I think it must be because iTunes started on Mac PC - if it had been a little '+' sign at the front of the Podshock - I'd have known to click on it to open up to see other files.

If I think back to last using Macs ( I did some DTP and Web college courses years ago using Mac 7.2 OS) they had little arrows that rotated to reveal more files.

Now I can get back to actually talking about Dr Who Smile

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]Now I can get back to actually talking about Dr Who Smile

Or tea!

I'm glad it's all sorted...

Taras

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored