The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    (R1) 2005 Box Set Opened
    (R1) 2005 Box Set Opened
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Thank You Doctor Who: Podshock Listeners!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Thank You Doctor Who: Podshock Listeners! Views: 3703
     Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM EDT
    To my great surprise, while listening to the latest episode of the Cinemaslave podcast on my way home the other day. Joe Barlow (the magnificent host of Cinemaslave) congratulated us, Doctor Who: Podshock for our ranking of number 4 in the top podcasts for films and movies on podcastalley.com where listeners vote for their favourite podcasts.

We are very flattered and humbled for making the top 5... We never even ask our listeners to vote for us, so that makes it even more special.

The web site resets the votes each month, so our listing was based on the first week and half of May.

Thanks again for all who voted. It is appreciated. Also thanks to Joe of Cinemaslave for congratulating us in his fantastic podcast and bringing it to our attention.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 02:48 PM EDT
    That's fantastic Louis!

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM EDT
    Thats brilliant and richly deserved, so here is hoping it will bring Podshock to a few more people. On the other hand I didn't vote so don't blame me. On the other foot it is actually a refreshing change not to be constanty pestered with a barrage of 'please vote for me' comments littered throughout the length and breadth of a podcast and with some that sometimes appears to have become the only reason to put a podcast out.. just get more votes on X.

You are rogue elements... You are incompatible... You will be... Deleted!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 04:23 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Delete!] ... On the other foot it is actually a refreshing change not to be constanty pestered with a barrage of 'please vote for me' comments littered throughout the length and breadth of a podcast and with some that sometimes appears to have become the only reason to put a podcast out.. just get more votes on X.

I agree... I tend to roll my eyes when I hear other podcasts which beg their listeners for votes. Whereas we come together to do a podcast on Doctor Who to share our passion for Doctor Who, not our podcast. So we don't ask listeners to vote for us... we are more interested on how people "vote" for Doctor Who stories and/or characters.

That is why we weren't even aware of the fact that we were rated so highly on podcastalley.com because we don't follow it. Now that we know, we do want to express our gratitude and appreciation... but we won't start asking for people to vote for us. We haven't done it yet, so I doubt we will start now. It just gets a little self-serving...

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 05:11 PM EDT
    I have now voted. It made me feel... human Big Grin This is a strange sensation and it does not compute. It is my most sincere requirement that Podshock should not ask for votes. If so then I would have to... delete it. That would present a paradox. How can I delete my favorite podcast Wink

You are rogue elements... You are incompatible... You will be... Deleted!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 11:21 PM EDT

I have to say... I listen to a fair few Podcasts - from Mur Lafferty's GeekFu Action Grip, to Slice of Sci Fi, to Podcast Who, to Sci Fi Dig, to Escape Pod, to Cool Shite on the Tube.

Some of them are quite good. Some are hard to listen to. One in particular, Sci Fi Dig, is done with such a bored, monotone announcer that I had to give up listening to it. And my second-favorite, "Cool Shite", is so filled with attitude, that it's sometimes hard to hear the content.

Podshock hits the perfect balance between content, comeraderie between the hosts, banter that you wish you were involved in, and information that we really want to hear.

There's no wonder you scored highly in a vote. Your podcast is the best one out here.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Sunday, May 14 2006 @ 12:59 PM EDT
    Aww, gee, Louis... now you're making me blush. Glad I got the chance to mention your ranking. I was very happy for you guys! I haven't commented lately, but I'm still avidly listening to each new show. Keep up the fantastic work!

-CinemaslaveJoe

--- Check out the CINEMASLAVE podcast at: http://www.cinemaslave.com

Sunday, May 14 2006 @ 03:21 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  CinemaslaveJoe] Aww, gee, Louis... now you're making me blush. Glad I got the chance to mention your ranking. I was very happy for you guys! I haven't commented lately, but I'm still avidly listening to each new show. Keep up the fantastic work!

-CinemaslaveJoe

Hey Joe!

I have been meaning to shoot you off an email since I heard your latest episode the other day, but my time has been so limited lately that I hadn't had a chance.

Thank you so much for the mention... and bringing it to our attention. We really had no idea.

Also, we are not cross with you in any way... I am speaking of your mentioning on your latest podcast that you enjoy the new Doctor episodes (9 and 10) even more so than any one Doctor previously... As we have been saying in our podcast, even the "bad" episodes are outstanding... By that I mean, there hasn't been one episode so far from the 9th or 10th Doctor that rated below 3 TARDIS groans in our rating scale of 0 to 5.

Keep up the great work with Cinemaslave...

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, May 14 2006 @ 07:15 PM EDT
    Thanks to all of our wonderful listeners who voted and also to Joe who brought it to our attention.

I whole heartedly agree with Louis about voting. We would never ask any of you to vote for us, if you want to - please do, but I would hate to think that you voted just because we asked you to. It is my opinion that the podcasts in the top 5 over at podcast alley are only there because they constantly beg for votes.

Some even spam their listeners every month to remind them that it is the time of the month to vote over at podcast alley. It is much more valuable to us to get your wonderful feedback and thoughts about Doctor Who. That's what this is all about. We don't care about being the most popular show out there - we are more interested in putting out interesting shows with great content.

Most planets have a North!

Sunday, May 14 2006 @ 08:03 PM EDT

I remember starting a thread many months ago mentioning the various sites where one can vote for podcasts. As new visitors come to the site, they may visit that long forgotton thread and use it as a pointer that such "ratings" exist. At the time I was listening to other podcasts that stressed voting so that those podcast could get a certain placement on the lists. After a while those pleas get tiresome. Especially if it becomes an obsession. So I have not built upon that old thread, nor have I pleaded for people to vote on the various threads I use to announce podcast episode releases.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, May 15 2006 @ 03:05 PM EDT
    Hmm, Podshock seems to be at number 47 as well.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 15 2006 @ 05:14 PM EDT
    I think Ersby and I were just looking at the same thing. When searching for Podshock, three separate choices came up: Podshock, Doctor Who: Podshock and Doctor Who: Podshock (mp3).

Seems that ya'll might be doing better than top 5, if your votes are getting split amongst three names!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 15 2006 @ 05:55 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] I think Ersby and I were just looking at the same thing. When searching for Podshock, three separate choices came up: Podshock, Doctor Who: Podshock and Doctor Who: Podshock (mp3).

Seems that ya'll might be doing better than top 5, if your votes are getting split amongst three names!

That's true. A valid point. It also hurts us in iTunes rankings as well because subscriptions are divided by having the two feeds. But what is more important is getting the podcast out the best way possible.. Whereas most listeners can enjoy the Enhanced Podcast version, and those that require it in MP3 can get it without having to convert the files themselves. If we were really concerned about our placement rather than content, we would just keep everything on one feed.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, May 21 2006 @ 03:34 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    Also, we are not cross with you in any way... I am speaking of your mentioning on your latest podcast that you enjoy the new Doctor episodes (9 and 10) even more so than any one Doctor previously... As we have been saying in our podcast, even the "bad" episodes are outstanding... By that I mean, there hasn't been one episode so far from the 9th or 10th Doctor that rated below 3 TARDIS groans in our rating scale of 0 to 5.

With the exception of "The Long Game" (a 2-TARDIS groaner for me), I heartily agree with you. I definitely love the consistent quality of RTD's episodes, and hope he will stay with the show for many years to come. And may I say that I also find his audio commentary tracks on the BBC web site to be absolutely hilarious! What a jolly man... that impish sense of humor and delight really shines through. No wonder the Eccleston and Tennant shows have been such fun...

-CSJ

--- Check out the CINEMASLAVE podcast at: http://www.cinemaslave.com

Wednesday, July 05 2006 @ 12:28 PM EDT
    I was just typing up a nice feedback review for Podshock within the iTunes music store, but I'm at work so I had to do it in bits and pieces. Unfortunately, iTunes is one of those stupid sites where if you type a bunch of stuff in but there is a problem when submitting, you're not able to back up to the previous page and copy what you typed in. It's gone, and I can't retype it. I'll try again at another time. That really grates my cheese.

Evil

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored