The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Entrance to the Doctor Who Exhibit
    Entrance to the Doctor Who Exhibit
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Thank You Doctor Who: Podshock Listeners!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Thank You Doctor Who: Podshock Listeners! Views: 3704
     Wednesday, July 05 2006 @ 07:21 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel] I was just typing up a nice feedback review for Podshock within the iTunes music store, but I'm at work so I had to do it in bits and pieces. Unfortunately, iTunes is one of those stupid sites where if you type a bunch of stuff in but there is a problem when submitting, you're not able to back up to the previous page and copy what you typed in. It's gone, and I can't retype it. I'll try again at another time. That really grates my cheese.

Evil

Ewww... I hate when that happens. Thanks for the thought nonetheless. I used to run a utility in the background back in my Mac OS 9 and earlier days. It would record what you type for a certain amount (you set the buffer) and it records it to a small text file. So if that ever happens again, or even if your application or system were to crash... you could always retrieve what you wrote by going to that recorded text file. Of course today, this would be considered a security issue since it is essentially what is known as a key-logger... but it came to the rescue in these situations like you described.

Today, I try to copy and paste (drag and drop) text to my desktop when I type into web-based text fields if I feel there is a chance I may loose it before it has a chance to save it. Just for insurance.

On behalf of everyone on Doctor Who: Podshock thanks again.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, July 05 2006 @ 08:32 PM EDT
    Yeah, out of paranoia I usually highlight all the text I'm inputting before I submit, and hit CTRL-C. Then if it fails, I simply paste (CTRL-V) it into the form again.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Friday, November 24 2006 @ 11:29 AM EST
    [Quote On the other foot it is actually a refreshing change not to be constanty pestered with a barrage of 'please vote for me' comments littered throughout the length and breadth of a podcast and with some that sometimes appears to have become the only reason to put a podcast out.. just get more votes on X.

yes definately, unlike the whocast which every week desperately pleads their listeners to vote for them on podcast alley. just shows that a pinch of modesty can go a long way.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 24 2006 @ 04:28 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mindless]yes definately, unlike the whocast which every week desperately pleads their listeners to vote for them on podcast alley. just shows that a pinch of modesty can go a long way.

Totally agree - I'm enjoying the Whocast but I do cringe when I hear them begging for votes Frown

Does it actually serve any purpose? What difference does it make where you are on Podcast alley? Serious question - I've never visted the site and don't intend to - I'd rather listen to the podcasts I like - not just because it's got a high ranking somewhere!

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, December 01 2006 @ 07:07 AM EST
    I'm just listening to the Whocast now and have hit the section where they are asking people to go and vote for them.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY Evil

Sorry, just had to rant then! I think I may e-mail them because it really does annoy me, almost to the point that I'm considering dropping this podcast! Frown

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, December 01 2006 @ 06:45 PM EST

Well, you could post on their forums as well. Whenever someone on OG has a criticism of Podshock, I encourage them to voice the opinion here or at the least email a feedback. This is regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the opinion.

Then again, the Doctor Who official site posts links to voting for "People's Choice" type balloting, so how is this different? And they do that in their news column. It also seems to be a common practice in many podcasts. This is especially true of a number of Firefly podcasts that I listen to on occasion.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, December 02 2006 @ 12:06 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1] I'm just listening to the Whocast now and have hit the section where they are asking people to go and vote for them.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY Evil

Sorry, just had to rant then! I think I may e-mail them because it really does annoy me, almost to the point that I'm considering dropping this podcast! Frown

The best thing to do is leave feedback, we encourage peopel always to email us or contact us if they have any feedback.

We only really remind people to vote twice a month, and I dont think it is begging. Lots of Podcasts remind people.However, if you really find it offensive, then I will see what I can do about toning it down.

Regards,
    Paul

A man is the sum of his memories, a Time Lord even more so...

Saturday, December 02 2006 @ 04:34 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  PodsafePaul]
    The best thing to do is leave feedback, we encourage peopel always to email us or contact us if they have any feedback.

We only really remind people to vote twice a month, and I dont think it is begging. Lots of Podcasts remind people.However, if you really find it offensive, then I will see what I can do about toning it down.

Regards,
    Paul

Hi Paul - thanks for the feedback - it is appreciated that you take the time to follow up.

First off - The Whocast and the Torchcast are fantastic and it is great that people like yourself and Seb are prepaired to give up your time for other fans (just like Podshock! Big Grin ).

I just honestly don't get the whole podcast alley thing - what does a high ranking there get you? I'm sure your fans will listen to you whether you're ranked 1st or 1000?

I will leave feedback on your site - I've just been short of time recently so haven't got there.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, December 11 2006 @ 04:19 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1]
    Hi Paul - thanks for the feedback - it is appreciated that you take the time to follow up.

First off - The Whocast and the Torchcast are fantastic and it is great that people like yourself and Seb are prepaired to give up your time for other fans (just like Podshock! Big Grin ).

I just honestly don't get the whole podcast alley thing - what does a high ranking there get you? I'm sure your fans will listen to you whether you're ranked 1st or 1000?

I will leave feedback on your site - I've just been short of time recently so haven't got there.

Hiya,

It just means that when people do a search you come up a little higher and sometimes people will only select the first few they pick up. Also, it is a bit of fun, we don't take any of it too seriously really. We always have a bit of a laugh about it.

P.

A man is the sum of his memories, a Time Lord even more so...

Saturday, February 10 2007 @ 03:31 PM EST
    I've finally got dsl and heard my first Podshock yesterday/early this morning.

Love it!

I was kinda lost because American Who hasn't been updated in like what 6 months.

But Podshock fits the bill big time and it's good stuff!

Keep it up boys!

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, February 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] I was kinda lost because American Who hasn't been updated in like what 6 months.

And it's got American Who's Joey Reynolds as a contributor!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, February 10 2007 @ 07:08 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] I was kinda lost because American Who hasn't been updated in like what 6 months.

And it's got American Who's Joey Reynolds as a contributor!
    Of course!

-cs™

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, February 11 2007 @ 08:09 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis] We are very flattered and humbled for making the top 5... We never even ask our listeners to vote for us, so that makes it even more special.

The reason people voted was simply because the Podshock is a great source of info and news, as well as quality features on Dr Who. I've been listening to them for a while now I always look forward to the new editions. They're great. I've not yet heard 65 - but that looks ESPECIALLY interesting. I'll be listening in next couple of days.

I've been going to sign up to the forum for a while but just never got around it (and as much as I love Outpost Gallifrey - their forum is just too big).

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, February 11 2007 @ 11:20 PM EST

Thanks TARDIS-Knight. It is much appreciated.

The Outpost Gallifrey Forums are very active indeed. It can get overwhelming trying to keep with all of them. So you may do better just keeping up with select threads that are of interest to you. It may be easier to manage doing it that way as there is only so much time in the day.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, February 13 2007 @ 12:44 AM EST
    I'm waiting for the next anonymous mp3 you get via email.

Hopefully it'll be James going "Hmm mm hm Hmmm".

I rather liked the one where one of you, wasn't it Ken going on about the episode Fear Her. "They were chased by a scribble!! It's a cartoon, it's Scooby Who."

-cs™

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages