The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    DIRECTOR KEITH BOAK
    DIRECTOR KEITH BOAK
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Podshock 42
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Podshock 42 Views: 533
     Thursday, June 29 2006 @ 05:50 PM EDT
    I know there are some comments under the posting on the main site but people tend to come here to Podcast comment so I thought a Podshock 41 thread would help.

No can I play Simon Cowell who Ken feels respect for. Sadly for me this was the weakest Podcast that I have heard so far. There were jokes about people deleting this at one point but I wasn't laughing.

I had been really looking forward to this one as I loved Bad Wolf and I wanted to hear some indepth discussion relating to it from fellow Who fans. What did I get? Ken pulling the whole podcast off topic from the start. Interupting Louis several times when he tried to get it back on track. Then the actual review consisted of more discussion about Big Brother than Bad Wolf. Also where was James for the Bad Wolf part? Could he not get a word in past Ken? James tends to give indepth and clever analysis of episodes and that was what I wanted. Ken also can do the same but only when he stays on topic.

I have to be blunt and say that the show picked up enormously when Ken backed out for the Idiots Lantern and that episode was actually reviewed thoroughly. Shame really as of the two episodes there is no comparison in quality.

Sorry to be so negative but this wasn't the best by far. I've just downloaded episode 43 and can only hope it is better. Sorry boys but you were my first and so far only podcast experience and having listened to the last ten I'm getting worried that my new found listening experience might have to come to an end.

May I offer the constructive suggestions that:

1) You use an agenda and stick to it
    2) Consider what elements you will comments and review:
    e.g. have you discussed lighting, editing, dialogue, story, justified your Tardis groans rating
    3) Let everyone say something
    4) read out some forum comments relating to the episodes being reviewed
    5) Believe that this feedback is because I care that Podshock is the best that it can be!

Practice acts of random kindness.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 29 2006 @ 07:10 PM EDT
    With all due respect Archie,

Your suggestions (while good in practice) would probably be the slow death of Podshock.

There are resons that it is one of the most popular podcasts around and you have just heard it.

You say that this is your only podcast, well in the words of an old English punchline; I suggest that you get out a little more. My Ipod is full with podcasts from the BBC to Steve Gibsons excellent security now. Most of these podcasts roll in on Itunes exactly when they are supposed to where as when Podshock rolls in you feel obliged to to hold a street party and alert the president. Of all of those podcasts Podshock is the one I wait for each week and the one I miss when it is late.

It is because of those things that you fault that it is so unique. When it does arrive I check that length and if it is under 2 hours I feel cheated.

Everything that you have constructively suggested would make Podshock less fun and I would suspect that if you asked the listener base the vast majority would say "leave it alone."

Forget the shooty dog thing!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed