The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Battles in Time issues #2, 3, & 4
    Battles in Time issues #2, 3, & 4
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Who would have thought a 30 minute commute co..
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Who would have thought a 30 minute commute could make life b Views: 768
     Tuesday, December 20 2005 @ 04:30 AM EST
    I became a Whovian :lol: when I was 12. My cousin was showing me the late night British shows on public television. I was in awe as I started to grasp the universe of Dr. Who (Tom Baker in the episodes I saw). I loved the wit and stories. It brought back the joy I get when I read or listen to H2G2.

Being an american, my access and exposure has been limited over the last 16 years, but I jump at a chance to experience the Doctor's universe.

With the launch of the new series with Christopher Eccleston, I felt like I was 12 again and was going to get to see a new episode. I am computer savvy and had to use my knowledge to gain access to the episodes. I am also disappointed in the SciFi channel's choice to not carry the new doctor.

Before I forget, Thank You Chris (Eccleston), You Were Fantastic.

I have seen all the new (2005) episodes and have the countdown screen saver.

I have to say that listening to you three has made the countdown more bearable and my 30 minute commute. I am getting exposed to more than just the series now. I am trying to make time for the books and the audio books are secondary on my listening list to Podshock.

The mix with Americans and a Brit is wonderful. I could go on for a long time, but it would get really long. Getting both side of the Atlantic on this podcast has put it at the top of my list.

With the introduction of Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor, I found myself battling who it my favorite doctor. I have always been a Tom Baker fan, but with the story, acting, and it being the latest Dr. Who, I find Chris battling for the top bill.

All the information and reviews on the novelizations and audiobooks give such a nice "worldly" input.

Thanks guys,
    Kirk Snustad
    Minneapolis, MN

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, December 20 2005 @ 05:51 AM EST
    I feel the same. I found the podcast when I was looking for a Dr Who podcast to listen to on my commutes. I downloaded all the episodes a couple of months ago and have listened to all the subsequent ones.

Ken and Louis make me laugh and James is a star. He's a Yorkshireman (I believe) and so it's nice to hear a fellow Yorkie on the way to and from work. Waiting for the Christmas Invasion would be infinitely more unbearable if it wasn't for the wonderful entertainment and insight provided by the Fab 3.

As Podshock has progressed, it has become such a fantastic show, its pace is a joy and it might sound a bit silly - but James, Ken, and Louis have become almost like friends over the last few months.

He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the best..... "Yorkshire is a state of mind"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, December 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM EST
    The best part is that I have a 7 hour trip this week and I will be able to get all caught up on PodShock before Christmas Invations hits.

Ken, Louis, James, and now Chris, I love the core of the show and have found that it flows nicely and a get a dose of news, reviews, and informative banter. I wonder how I made it through my commute the past few months.

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored