The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Cybermen V Doctor
    Cybermen V Doctor
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Podshock 47
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Podshock 47 Views: 1617
     Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 06:52 AM EDT
    You went to Norway and you didn't stop by?

I'm disappointed...

My blog: http://runeblogg.blogspot.com/
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 10:32 AM EDT
    Well done for getting it out so quickly after a hosting crisis!

chown -R me ./inferno && cat season3 | grep gunfighters > /dev/null
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 10:47 AM EDT
    [Quote Well done for getting it out so quickly after a hosting crisis!

I second that!

My blog: http://runeblogg.blogspot.com/
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 12:54 PM EDT

Thanks... I was up all night last night (morning) to get it out. Since it is basically a Doomsday based episode of Doctor Who: Podshock, so I wanted to get it out there before it got too dated.

The irony about the web server crisis is that in the same week we had caught up with podcasts so that new episodes would not be so delayed in getting out, and then the mess with the server happened and delayed the next podcast. Sigh. Sometimes you just can't win.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 12:58 PM EDT

Yes, good job Louis in getting it out. I regret that my duties with my own podcast prevented me from joining you guys for that recording. Darn Pirates movie runnign so long. It was a great episode and hopefully sometime in the near future I can share my thoughts with all you Podshock listeners. If you want a preview you can alwsys listen to epiosde 12 of the Whocast where I talk about it with Paul Wilson.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 03:02 PM EDT
    Louis, excellent job on getting the show out.
    As a reward for yourself, I propose the following:
    Take a week off of work, take a week off of podshock, stay in your pajamas, and WATCH YOUR STAR TREK TNG DVDS!
    What a week that would be. 7 seasons in 7 days. It can be done.
    Wink

Heath Holland

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM EDT
    Just found this podcast. Been listening to it on the bus to work when I am not writing stuff for my various audio series. I really enjoyed what I've been hearing. Nice to hear what people think about Doctor Who, who are really fan of the series.

Take care

Eric L. Busby
    Executive Producer
    www.darkerprojects.com

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 11:06 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Eric L. Busby] Just found this podcast. Been listening to it on the bus to work when I am not writing stuff for my various audio series. I really enjoyed what I've been hearing. Nice to hear what people think about Doctor Who, who are really fan of the series.

Take care

Eric L. Busby
    Executive Producer
    www.darkerprojects.com

I have downloaded and will listen on the way to work tomorrow and I can't wait! New Podshock and if I have the time the latest episode of Erics Doctor Who story.

For those of you who haven't discovered them Darker Projects put out some of the best Doctor Who audio plays in podcast type (downloadable) format. Great White North was great and Zero Tolerance sounds like it will be even better.

Everybody who is a fan of Doctor Who audio plays should give them a listen.

Louis, I have a couple of matchsticks with your name on them that will be just right for keeping your eyes open and I believe the Doctor has a nice pair of glasses if the light is too strong. Cool

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Friday, July 21 2006 @ 08:07 AM EDT
    I was checking out the Big Finish webpages for the CDs 86 and 87 that you talked about in the podcast. They have to be a cross-over story of some kind. There is a character that appears in both. Peri has a friend, Katherine Chambers in 1984 and so does Tegan in 2006. They are both played by the same acress, Jane Perry. Both episodes are also written by the same person, Joseph Lidster, and directed by the same person, Gary Russell.

Based on everyone's recommendations, I am going to try listening to other Big Finish audios (other than only the Paul McGann ones). I'm currently listening to Axis of Insanity with Peter Davison.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, July 21 2006 @ 01:29 PM EDT
    GWN was one of the first audios we ever did.... We got a lot better along the way. We tend to focus on more original productions these day. I have take my love for Doctor Who and focused it into an original series called The Byron Chronicles.

I was tossing over an idea for doing a series of stand alone audios called Doctor Who - Past Present and Future. In which we could do a series of stand alone stories. With a lot of other actors playing the Doctor in different and new settings. Sort of like Unbound but set for the fan medium.

I have one story with David Ault playing the Doctor (Who also plays Byron in the Byron Chronicles) in pre-production. But I am still looking for writers and actors to do more.

As for Podshock. It's a lot of fun listening to what other think about Doctor Who. I live out in Portland, Oregon where at times I feel like I'm the only one who even know about the series. It's funny I'll go into Border or something and see a vast area of Star Trek/Star Wars novels.

And maybe if I'm lucky.... Very lucky... four Doctor Who books. And I've probably read them all. Like I said, funny but also very sad. *sigh*

Eric L. Busby
    Executive Producer
    www.darkerprojects.com

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, July 24 2006 @ 04:33 PM EDT
    nitpick....hey guys, listened since about i think podshock 25 or so , love the show. One nitpick that after hearing 47 i thought i'd chime in on since you've brought it up a couple times, with the whole Torchwood 'overuse' and the reinvention of dr who conventions for the new show. the one fundamental difference with Torchwood and UNIT is those two little letters, U.N. ...Torchwood is explicitly founded and talked about many many times in the show as being purely anglo-centric, so i think there's no real 'cannon' reason why both aren't around.

gavv

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 26 2006 @ 07:00 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  gavv] the one fundamental difference with Torchwood and UNIT is those two little letters, U.N. ...Torchwood is explicitly founded and talked about many many times in the show as being purely anglo-centric, so i think there's no real 'cannon' reason why both aren't around.

I forget where I read it, but apparently the United Nations is no longer letting them use the "United Nations" brand (for lack of a better term) in Doctor Who. I wonder if the reason we're not seeing more of UNIT is it would be too hard to explain what it is without calling it the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. I wonder if they could refer to it as simply the U.N. Intelligence Taskforce. I for one always hoped to see other branches of UNIT besides the UK branch.

Theoretically, Torchwood could have been poaching talent away from the UK branch of UNIT over the years. Maybe that's where Sgt. Benton ended up. Smile

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 26 2006 @ 07:26 PM EDT
    If the Doctor ever ran into members of unit they could easily identify themsleves as the UK branch of UNIT and just leave it at that.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 26 2006 @ 07:52 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  jeffreysg] If the Doctor ever ran into members of unit they could easily identify themsleves as the UK branch of UNIT and just leave it at that.

Which would be fine for those of us who have been watching the show for decades. But what about the people who just started watching Doctor Who last year? They've had UNIT people on the new show once or twice but without ever really explaining who they were. I think that was more of a nod to the old fans. If the Doctor were to really interact with anyone from UNIT, though, the writers would have to explain to the new audience exactly what UNIT is.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 26 2006 @ 09:07 PM EDT
    Ahhh, newbies. Don't get me wrong, but I really don't understand why we have to act as though Doctor Who has never existed before 2005. I know they want to draw in a new audience, but some of us have been with the series for decades. I think for the most part, if a newbie sees something they are not sure about, they will just gloss it over themselves or actually go look into it. Maybe they might even discover the older episodes and get interested in those as well? Hmm, yea I'm on a soapbox. Sorry everyone, unless anyone agrees with me then I mean every word of it. Wink

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored