The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Doctor Who Series One Top Trumps
    Doctor Who Series One Top Trumps
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who Collectables »  New Deluxe Figures Now In Argos In UK
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New Deluxe Figures Now In Argos In UK Views: 3114
     Monday, April 23 2007 @ 02:31 PM EDT
    This will mainly be of interest to UK Podshockers;

Just a quick tip..... The Face Of Boe is now in Argos!

It's brilliant. Our wise old friend looks fantastic. The mouth movement looks good (although the switch is a bit rigid).

I've been walking through Woolworths (past the Dr Who stuff), and checking availability on Argos' website everyday for about a month now. To my surprise, when I clicked "reserve for in-store pick-up" this morning, I got a big green tick (instead of the big fat red cross that I've become so familiar with). They're not yet in Woolworths, and Forbidden Planet told me on Saturday that I wouldnt get one for at least another couple of months!

They seem to be going for £25-£30 on Ebay at the moment, usually with £5 postage on top!

Cheers

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, June 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM EDT
    Hurry! Face of Bo at www.whona.com!

I checked. They had something like 50 a couple of hours ago, and now down in the 20s.

$28.00 plus shipping! Go get them now or they'll be gone.

They also have the Rachnoid, but I can't afford her this time around.

Going fast, folks.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM EDT

When I ordered yesterday, it was at 61, so they were going fast...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 03:19 PM EDT
    I had a look at lunchtime and it was down to about 40. They've now all gone!

I've just had a look at the range of stuff they do - those guys look pretty good.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM EDT
    You are not.. alone..
    In thinking this looks really cool.

Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!
    ALERT: THE WORST JOKE TOLD IN THE GALLIFREYAN EMBASSY FOR 22 YEARS! SUGGESTION: DELETE..... DELETE..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!

"Now Brigadeer, have I ever led you astray?" "On many ocassions!" "Ah.. well... this will be the exception!"

Tuesday, June 26 2007 @ 11:52 AM EDT

Got my Face of Boe from WhoNA yesterday along with the Empress of Rachnoss. These are both pretty impressive toys. I didn't realize how big the Face's conveyance was compared to his face. No wonder they wanted to reuse the "prop" for a few additional episodes.

OK, does one need to have an ASBO to actually be able to remove the toys from the packaging. The ties and cellotape are tough enough, but the Empress toy has thin plastic shrink tubing over the "knees" of three limbs and little rubber bands holding the arms to the fore legs. I couldn't remove all of the plastic from one limb as it tore in two, and I just gave up dealing with it.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, June 26 2007 @ 02:18 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    OK, does one need to have an ASBO to actually be able to remove the toys from the packaging. The ties and cellotape are tough enough, but the Empress toy has thin plastic shrink tubing over the "knees" of three limbs and little rubber bands holding the arms to the fore legs. I couldn't remove all of the plastic from one limb as it tore in two, and I just gave up dealing with it.

Taras I couldnt agree more - it's getting truly ridiculous. I thought the worst one was probably the Cyber Controller on his throne; But The Empress was bordering on impossible too. I remember in the end I had to get her out with a Stanley knife!

[Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Got my Face of Boe from WhoNA yesterday along with the Empress of Rachnoss. These are both pretty impressive toys. I didn't realize how big the Face's conveyance was compared to his face. No wonder they wanted to reuse the "prop" for a few additional episodes.

Boe is brilliant. They've done a wonderful job on him. Empress is really good in every way except maybe her face and head. That maybe could've been better. I'm not being overly critical though, I can't praise the whole range highly enough.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 26 2007 @ 03:02 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]
    Boe is brilliant. They've done a wonderful job on him. Empress is really good in every way except maybe her face and head. That maybe could've been better. I'm not being overly critical though, I can't praise the whole range highly enough.

Well from my site here are two pictures to check their looks - Boe from the side and the face of the Empress:-

The images are bigger than the 600 width constraint.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, June 26 2007 @ 03:24 PM EDT
    Dave you're the man!

When I see that picture of The Empress, the action figure looks great! Maybe I'm being a little harsh (which I wouldnt want to be, because as I've already said its a wonderful range of figures).

I really need to get to that exhibition. I'm in Liverpool for a couple of days in July - I might have to pop over for an a few hours!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 28 2007 @ 11:47 AM EDT
    Just a quick tip for UK Collectors;

The Daleks in Manhattan 4 figure set

The Electronic FLight Tardis (with opening door so your figures can step inside)

The Satan's Pit (with Doctor In Spacesuit figure included)

......... Are all now in Argos in the UK. They're all in stock in the stores around me at the moment. I've not opened them yet, but for the prices these are some SERIOUSLY impressive additions to the range.

I was in Sci-Fi Collector on The Strand this morning - he had the Manhattan set but they've all gone.

Also out in the shops now are (individual figure wise) are Doctor Constantine and Gelth Zombie.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, July 29 2007 @ 03:51 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]The Electronic Flight Tardis (with opening door so your figures can step inside)
    Oh cool, and the phone panel opens!

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, August 12 2007 @ 05:16 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] Oh cool, and the phone panel opens!

-cs™

I don't think it does!

I read this when you posted, and I'll be honest, I just assumed you were wrong (!) Smile - but I didnt take a great deal of notice. But I've just seen a picture on the net with said panel open! I certainly never noticed it when I was getting it out of it's ridiculous packaging, or fiddling about and making room for it and displaying it (and fiddling with it further still, getting a good pose for The Doctor in glasses & red Converse Allstars, as he stands in doorway looking out). I never spotted it through all that - but I might've missed it.

I'll have a look when I'm home in the morning.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, August 12 2007 @ 11:01 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] Oh cool, and the phone panel opens!
    I don't think it does!
    Yep, looks like both the main door and the phone door open to me. Which officially makes this the coolest small-scale toy ever.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Monday, August 13 2007 @ 01:55 AM EDT
    Is it just me or does anybody else the 10th Doctor figure looks like Conan O'Brien?

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, August 13 2007 @ 04:11 PM EDT
    It was quite a long-winded debate I had with myself a couple of posts ago, but that's the picture I'd seen too. & yes, it certainly does.

I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge of Conan O'Brian there Smitty; I don't know him ...

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed