The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    JAMESON & WARWICK
    JAMESON & WARWICK
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who Collectables »  New Deluxe Figures Now In Argos In UK
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New Deluxe Figures Now In Argos In UK Views: 3006
     Wednesday, October 10 2007 @ 04:24 PM EDT
    The Reaper came today.

I had a quick look before I went to work (whilst it was still in the box) and I must admit, it didnt strike me as the most exciting figure I've ever bought.

It came from Forbidden Planet Intl, and it's very unusual for them to have something before Argos or Woolworths (Argos especially).

After the usual performance of spending most of this evening un-sealing it (I actually broke my Judoon Captain getting it out of it's stupid box), it looks much better when set up on it's stand.

I like it - but you couldnt say it's as good as the other deluxe figures. The light feature isn't fantastic, and it only works whilst it's pressed (just staying on for a few seconds would've been a bit better, but I'm not losing any sleep over it).

Nice, but not the best.

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 10 2007 @ 08:05 AM EST
    The Utopia Gift Set is now starting to appear in Argos.

A couple (literally, so far just 2!) around me have them, so I expect the rest will follow soon.

I'm off to Luton to pick one up.....

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 11 2007 @ 12:49 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight] The Utopia Gift Set is now starting to appear in Argos.

A couple (literally, so far just 2!) around me have them, so I expect the rest will follow soon.

I'm off to Luton to pick one up.....

I can't wait for this one to hit the States...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, November 11 2007 @ 01:59 PM EST
    Given the remarkable quality of some of the previous figures, these probably aren't the best. The Masters' paintwork isn't brilliant (the little watch chain on both figures is sloppy) and John Simm's Master has an incredibly oily complexion that actually looks a bit cheap.

Also (for all it's worth); the Doctor isn't the blue suited, red converse allstars figure with glasses, it's the long brown overcoat version.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, November 12 2007 @ 02:30 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight] John Simm's Master has an incredibly oily complexion that actually looks a bit cheap.

like the real thing then?

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Sunday, December 16 2007 @ 06:21 PM EST
    In case it's of any use to people in the UK;

I've just been looking through Amazon and the prices of some of the Character stuff (mainly 12" and deluxe figures) is ridiculously low.

Tardis Playset ~ 12.99
    Racnoss ~ 5.67
    Reaper ~ 7.49
    All of 12" figures ~ 5.67 (each)
    Utopia Set ~ 9.99
    Manhattan Set ~ 12.99

These are not traders, this is actually Amazon - so if you spend 15 or more you can also have delivery for free.

For a while, I was building mini-armies of Ood & Cybermen in the 12" range. But money and space restrictions put paid to it (and aside from one of each, I sold the rest). At those prices I'm seriously tempted to get a couple more. The Cyberman has been at that price for ages - but I've not noticed the massive drop in price for the rest of the 12" figures.

The Tardis playset has hovered around the 20-25 figure for ages - but that's been slashed too.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM EST
    Tip for UK based 12" Ood Army builders (I think that'll probably narrow it down to yours truly, but incase anyone is interested)...

They're now down to 2.27 each at Amazon. At that stupid price building an army is too good a chance to miss.

I've just ordered 10 of them!

12" Dalek Sec Hybrid is also same price.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 04:31 AM EST
    I was watching a BBC Breakfast news report a couple of months back about how advanced kiddies toys are these days and they interviewed someone at the company that makes these toys (Character something-or-other, isn't it?).

Anyway, they showed the Daleks as CAD models, then as the finished toys and so on, but the thing that really caught my eye (and I saw the report twice so it was definitely there) was that they had a Tenth Planet Cyberman figure. It wasn't coloured and looked like an artists early test model in a material other than plastic. I've not really kept up with the figure range, but I don't think I've seen any classic Who characters released yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

Haven't found it in any shops or on the Net yet but I hope they do release a classic figure range.

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 08:22 AM EST
    ARRGGH!

I just went to Amazon.co.uk and put a bunch of these 12" figures in my cart, and found out they wouldn't send toys to the US.

Anyone in the UK wanna play go-between? I'll have them ship to you, you ship to me, I'll pay?

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM EST
    Sean - I'm surprised at that as I buy from Amazon.com all the time, and I'd have thought Amazon UK would do same in reverse.

To answer your question - pm if you need help, that's cool with me.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 05:19 PM EST
    Arrrrgh! They wouldn't ship to the US.

And what's worse is that when I was TRYING to check out, each of the #2.27 figures had become #1.97, and my total for 5 Ood, 2 Zek and 1 Judoon was practically what I'd pay for one or two figures.

GRRR! When I went back later to try again, the prices had more than doubled.

Sigh. It wasn't meant to be.

(But on the plus side, I'm seeing the Underground Toys representatives at Toy Fair in New York on Sunday - I may get some of these figs anyway.)

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored