The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  

Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who Collectables »  New figures ordered! WOOT!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New figures ordered! WOOT! Views: 2673
     Thursday, March 23 2006 @ 10:07 PM EST
    Sci Fi Collector is where I got my Tardis Coin Bank, and I got it in excellent time, even shipped from the UK.

Tonight I ordered the Phone Flasher, Rose (with K9), Cassandra, and the Doctor figures.

I'll keep y'all posted about arrival times, and the excellence of the items.

By the way, I ordered a Phone Flasher from 10th Planet months ago, but even after a couple of query e-mails, they did not complete the transaction. To be clear, they never charged me, but didn't even contact me to clear up matters.

I had ordered a phone flasher, and a R/C Dalek, but a friend of mine brought me back the Dalek from the UK while he was on a trip, so I cancelled the Dalek portion of the order, but specifically asked that the Phone Flasher part of the order be kept. I got no reply back.

Sci Fi Collector, however, delivered my Coin Bank in what I recall was just over a week, shipped overseas from the UK.

Sean.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, March 23 2006 @ 10:15 PM EST

I received my TARDIS Phone Flasher last week. It's pretty cool... but be warned, it eats batteries for breakfast. I already had to change the batteries in it after a few days... and I didn't even have it on continuously. While I didn't clock it, I would estimate that it must have been on for a total 26 or 28 hours total (not continuously) before it died and I had to replace the batteries.

Now I will only turn it on sparingly.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, March 23 2006 @ 10:31 PM EST

Oh, I just realized after posting my previous message, that when I got my TARDIS Phone Flasher, I didn't have a new set of batteries for it, so I swiped out the batteries from my TARDIS Talking Money Bank and installed them in the Phone Flasher. So perhaps the mileage will be better with a new set of batteries in the Phone Flasher compared to my initial results.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, March 23 2006 @ 10:59 PM EST
    Ah. One thing I forgot to mention.

The figures cost 6.99, except for Rose/K9 which was 9.99.

I've seen these on eBay selling for over $30.00 US.

So this is a great deal.

Sean.

Thursday, March 23 2006 @ 11:11 PM EST

Just got my Regeneration Set and 5" R/C Dalek from WhoNA!!!

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, March 24 2006 @ 08:43 AM EST
    Over the last two weeks, I've gone eBay crazy! I figure I've done alright on the average - paid too much for some things and got others pretty cheap. So far I have the Regneration 2-pack, both 9th Doctors (with trench and without), Rose/K-9, Slitheen and 2 of the Sycorax leaders (I didn't figure I'd win both auctions, but I did), I also got the 5" RC Dalek. I paid just under $200 with shipping for all of it combined. I haven't seen Cassandra or the Moxx on eBay yet, guess I'll check the online stores.

"Don't play as if you've swallowed the metronome!" -- Nadia Boulanger

Friday, March 24 2006 @ 10:11 AM EST
    I saw many Cassandra figures online at eBay just last night before ordering from SciFiCollector.

They were selling from US buyers at the ridiculous price of $33.00 each. Buy it now.

However, the UK auctions were at more reasonable auction prices.

You'd probably pay just as much having it shipped from the US to you as from the UK to you the way US auction sellers are gouging on shipping lately.

I've never had an unsatisfactory UK auction result. The UK sellers have always been polite, courteous, fast and very reasonably priced on shipping.

However in the US, I've been burned on people who like to mark up their sales by far overpricing shipping.

Anyway, I did not find the Mox on eBay either last night, but Cassandra was there many times.

I don't know if I'd shell out for the Sycorax or more than one DOctor (the coat isn't that important to me) but I definitely wanted Cassandra. She's quite the conversation piece!

By the way, the new upcoming 2.5" R/C K9 is going to be a must-have!

And I will try to get the two-pair R/C Daleks with the figure when I can. I haven't seen them in stock anywhere lately.

Sean.
    (Hey, where's Friday's Podcast???)

Friday, March 24 2006 @ 11:26 AM EST
    I haven't searched for action figures on eBay for a while. But based on your excellent recommendation, Sean, I ordered Cassandra and Moxx from Sci Fi Collector this morning!

And speaking of excellent UK eBay sellers, I had ordered the Timewyrm Quadrilogy and it took nearly a month to get to me. When I inquired about it, the seller was chagrined and said that several packages to the US had gone astray and offered me a refund - then the package arrive two days later.

Friday, March 24 2006 @ 11:27 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] .
    (Hey, where's Friday's Podcast???)

Yeah! I was wondering the same thing! Eek!

Pat

Thursday, April 06 2006 @ 06:45 PM EDT
    Sean, any sign of your SciFi Collector order from March 23? Mine of March 24 still hasn't arrived, but the website does ask we allow 28 days for shipping.

On a related note, I ordered the Tardis talking pen from WhoNA with my new DWM - it has suprisingly good sound.

Pat

Thursday, April 06 2006 @ 07:12 PM EDT
    Actorguy, I was about to report on this actually...

Since my first order with SciFiCollector came really quickly (not much more than a week from the UK!!!!) I e-mailed them asking the status of my order.

As of yesterday they had not yet shipped the order, claiming a large load of orders which have to be filled.

I can certainly understand that, these figures are going to be highly desired.

So that gave me the opportunity to ask them if they would also include a Mox of Balhoon figure, since I had not originally ordered him. (My total was getting up there, and I had to trim the order a bit.)

So here's hoping he'll be able to augment my order and ship it fairly quickly.

I'll let y'all know when it arrives.

Sean.

Thursday, April 06 2006 @ 09:55 PM EDT

Sean,

Sorry, My Who NA order wins again... I think that they may be the amongst the first ones in the US to order, and then, I am amongst the first to order from them. At least I beat their email announcement... Sorry. I got the Moxx, and the moxie! The Assault Dalek is cool. Nice and dark. I need a drink... post later!

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, April 07 2006 @ 06:16 AM EDT
    Being UK based, and being a bit of a sadass, I had asked a local toy supplier to contact me when the new figures came in and got the lot at once! Well, actually 2 of everything (hey, who just called me a big kid?!). Can't wait for the 10" ones, especially the new Cyberman - looks very impressive.

Are the figures readily available in the States or do you have to get them imported? You can get them as easily as catching a cold over here now.

"The stuff of legend"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, April 07 2006 @ 09:01 AM EDT
    No, they're not plentiful on this side of the pond. WhoNA (as Taras pointed out) is one good supplier who has them.

I've always had good luck with UK vendors, so I usually order direct from them. Usually 10th Planet, or my last two orders from SciFiCollector.

If you look on eBay, there are plenty of auctions for these figures, but they're usually in the UK, and the prices are ridiculous!

I mean $36.00 PLUS shiping for the Moxx? Not unheard of on eBay.

So I'm happy to wait until the supplier gets more stock in as long as I get my stuff.

I got lucky with my R/C Dalek... a friend went to the UK for a job interview and brought one back with him, saving the shipping. I paid UK Toys R Us shelf price for it.

-M-

Sunday, May 21 2006 @ 07:43 PM EDT
    Ok, folks, it's time for another update.

My last post on the matter was April 07. It is now May 21. It is seven weeks later.

No package!

I e-mailed SciFiCollector.co.uk again and they simply said "Supply hasn't met up with demand", after having told me it had not yet shipped.

I made my order almost two months ago!

Just be aware of this if you order from them.

Since then I have ordered twice from "WhoNA" and gotten my goods in less than a week. Now, they are not an ocean away, but at least they had the stock in-hand, and shipped my stuff right away.

Their cost was more than the UK costs, but again, they had to buy their stock from the UK and have it shipped over, which increases the cost.

I have ordered from WhoNA the "Regeneration set" with Phone Flasher TARDIS, and got those in less than a week, and then I ordered the Doctor figure with coat (because I hadn't ordered that one from SFC.)

And I just yesterday ordered the Doctor with R/C K9.

I'll keep you updated on when SciFiCollector.co.uk actually ships my stuff, and when I get it.

But it's been 2 months now, so I'm not terribly pleased.

Sean.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored