The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    My daughter Emma and I spotted this Tardis in front of our, um, Photoshop, er, yeah, that's it...
    My daughter Emma and I spotted this Tardis in front of our, um, Photoshop, er, yeah, that's it...
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who Collectables »  Remote controlled Dalek--arrives!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Remote controlled Dalek--arrives! Views: 3065
     Saturday, November 12 2005 @ 12:41 PM EST
    Sean,

It was $99.95, and shipping was $15.95 via FedEx, for an order that included a bunch of CDs, the two new DVDs, an issue of DWM, a paperback and one or two other items.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, November 13 2005 @ 07:46 PM EST
    They ship very quickly! My last order from them arrived so quickly that I was puzzled when I found the package delivered since I wasn't expecting it so soon. If they ship it any faster, the items will arrive before I even order them! Wink

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, November 14 2005 @ 01:34 AM EST
    Louis,

I was able to watch City of Death before the official release date... So they shipped the item before it was even available! Now, that's fast!

Taras

Monday, November 14 2005 @ 04:44 PM EST

Ah. So with that total, it's about the same price as getting it from 10th Planet.

They charge something like $75.00 plus $40 shipping or something. The shipping is obscene, but if you check eBay anyone from the UK is charging that much to ship it to the US.

I just sold some older stuff on eBay, and had to remove the shipping option to the UK because of the exorbitant price it's costing these days to ship anything to the UK.

Sure, the shipping gets passed on to the buyer, but still, that amount of shipping sure turns off bidders on small-amount items.

Sigh.

And since WhoNA has none in stock, later this week I guess I'll have to order mine from the UK.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Saturday, January 07 2006 @ 01:55 AM EST

I finally got a digital camera. What does this mean? There is finally a radio controlled Dalek photo in the Media Gallery.

If you guys want (or need) more photos, I can upload a few more. It's just a pain trying to get a shot where the dome lights are illuminated with an unfamiliar digital camera.

Misc Doctor Who Gallery leads you to the image (and to Kochanski's walkie-talkies as well).

Taras

Thursday, March 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM EST

I got the R/C Dalek (all 12 inches of it) from the classic series in today (made by Product Enterprise Limited). WOW. It is big. It is much more fun than I was expecting to be honest. ThinkGeek.com had them in... and decided to go with it and order it.

The big box arrived today (I had only ordered it the day before yesterday, I was not expecting it so soon).. it was a huge box. I thought they perhaps put it in an over-sized box... but no, the Dalek is huge as well. Well, larger than I was expecting at least.

The voice is spot on and it didn't take long to get the hang of the controls.

Very cool.

I have new gold R/C Dalek from the new series on order, should be here soon. I can't wait to compare the two.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, March 16 2006 @ 09:50 PM EST
    Cool deal Louis, I'd love to see that Dalek. I will be bringing my new R/C Dalek to Icon to play with so you can test mine out if you want Big Grin

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, March 16 2006 @ 11:22 PM EST
    Louis, you will find that the Character Options modern Dalek is the same size as the Product Enterprise classic Dalek. I have one of each.

However, the modern Dalek is molded better, constructed better, has that intense blue light, has better sound, you can control the sound, and has the manual central section that can be rotated.

The remote is nicer, easier to use, and in general it just out-blasts the older Dalek.

I'm willing to bet the factory that actually manufactured the two was the same. Even the basic design of the base, the wheels, etc, seem to have been done by the same people.

But where I would give the new Dalek a 10/10 score, I'd give the Product Enterprise a 7/10 or less.

It's all relative. I gave the older Dalek a B score when I reviewed it for Science Fiction Weekly.

But if I had the new Dalek next to it, I would have given it a much worse score.

Of course even so, I gave the new Dalek an A+ score.

Sean.

Friday, March 17 2006 @ 03:23 AM EST
    Yeah, I got my Character Options Dalek a couple of days ago. It is so cool! I ordered it from Who North America last week and I checked the website this week and I see that it is ten dollars more. I wonder what's up with this.

I also got the 5" version of the Dalek. It is much more basic and only says "exterminate" and makes the sound of the dalek gun going off.

I got the regneration set as well and it is funny but the Eccleston figure is not as articulated as the Tennant figure, which is fully moveable. Don't know why that is, but the figures are cool with the leather jacket body being supple and not formed to the body.

I can't wait to see what's available next.

psibob

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, March 17 2006 @ 08:04 AM EST
    I'm eager to see any of the new action figures coming out, but I'm really only interested in Lady Cassandra and the Mox so far. Of course I'll get the Face of Bo if he becomes available, and the Doc and Rose, but as for the Sycorax and some others, not so sure.

I'm really really looking forward to the 12" figures considering my own Doctor Who photo stories star 12" figures.

Sean.

Friday, March 17 2006 @ 04:13 PM EST
    Does this mean Buzz is going to regenerate into Tennant?? That will cause havok to the continuity Laughing Out Loud

That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Aeons Even Death May Die.

Friday, March 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM EST

My new series gold R/C Dalek arrived today... but it came on my way out... so I didn't have time to open it up... I took it out of the shipping box, but haven't taken it out of it's packaging yet. I will play with it once I get back home.

I am hoping both Daleks will be able to play together (one remote won't interfere with the other that is)?

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, March 17 2006 @ 06:18 PM EST

Well enjoy your Daleks. It seems like I've had mine forever...

Good timing, as you can play with it during premiere night!!!

Taras

Monday, March 27 2006 @ 10:53 PM EST
    I got my new series Dalek a couple of weeks ago. It's fantastic. If it was just a model Dalek I'd be happy -- but it moves and makes sounds, and impressively works well on light carpeting.

My cats are a little scared of it though.

Tuesday, March 28 2006 @ 10:04 AM EST
    My cats feel the same way about my Dalek. You should have seen Willow (2 year old female) follow it around. Charlie (17.5 year old male) really couldn't be bothered. He's deaf, so I'm sure it didnt' generate as much interest. But WIllow was quite interested in it. Not scared, though. Just curious. Followed it around. LIked the light.

By the way, WHONA just got a shipment of the clawed version of the R/C Dalek. It costs more, but is probably a more rare item. The only difference I can see is the plunger is replaced with the new claw. Might be nice to get if you can spare the hundred plus shipping.

And to Warren: no, Buzz will never regenerate into Tennant. You see, he's the last of the Doctors. He is in his final regeneration. This can be seen in my story Redemption.

Redemption

Sean.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored