The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 316 - 'In the Forest of the Night' Reviewed
  • Deleted Scenes from The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: In the Forest of the Night? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts at Who in the Cavern 3
    Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts at Who in the Cavern 3
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Torchwood - Series 1 »  Torchwood (E12+13) Series Final (Spoilers!)
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Torchwood (E12+13) Series Final (Spoilers!) Views: 6215
     Friday, January 05 2007 @ 03:10 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Wasn't that comment made in the Children in Need mini-episode?

Yes when the 10th Doctor started convulsing Rose suggested they go back for Captain Jack because "he'd know what to do". The Doctor replied "He's busy! Rebuilding the earth" which I took to mean in the future after the Daleks were defeated or just rambling on the Doctor's part because his mental faculties weren't all there yet.

Check out HOO on WHO, my podcast devoted to the review of Classic series Doctor Who DVD's. http://www.hooonwho.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 03:28 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Dr. Hoo]

Wasn't that comment made in the Children in Need mini-episode?

Yes when the 10th Doctor started convulsing Rose suggested they go back for Captain Jack because "he'd know what to do". The Doctor replied "He's busy! Rebuilding the earth" which I took to mean in the future after the Daleks were defeated or just rambling on the Doctor's part because his mental faculties weren't all there yet.

I just couldn't remember where that was... thanks guys. And I was definitely reading too much into it!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 06:10 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]Yeah, but how would the beast creature know about it... from the outside, Jack looks like any other human being in Cardiff... I guess the beasty can sense energy or something....

Cheers,
    Louis

The same way the Santas knew where the Doctor was is my guess. Like a moth to a flame or a butterfly to a flower the creature could see Jack miles away from the intensity of his very life essence.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 06:12 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]Wasn't that comment made in the Children in Need mini-episode?

Yes, and badly done. Of all the things I liked about that six minutes of television, that off-hand comment was the stupidest thing the Doctor could have said.

Showed no concern for Jack, and kind of just left him abandoned in the past somewhere. Not to mention how does the Doctor even know Rose brought him back to life? That comment shows he knew she did, but how did he know?

And for that matter, how did he know Jack was doing ANYTHING like rebuilding the Earth? It was a comment that should have been left out, or given more time to expand upon.

As it was, it just didn't work.

Sean.

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 06:56 PM EST
    I haven't watched the finale yet (haven't watched Combat yet, for that matter) so I haven't read through this thread. I'm just curious. Is there actual episode titles for eps 12 and 13? Or is it just "Series Final"?

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 07:05 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Linquel] I haven't watched the finale yet (haven't watched Combat yet, for that matter) so I haven't read through this thread. I'm just curious. Is there actual episode titles for eps 12 and 13? Or is it just "Series Final"?

12Captain Jack Harkness
    13End of Days

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, January 06 2007 @ 08:51 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  Linquel] I haven't watched the finale yet (haven't watched Combat yet, for that matter) so I haven't read through this thread. I'm just curious. Is there actual episode titles for eps 12 and 13? Or is it just "Series Final"?

12Captain Jack Harkness
    13End of Days

I started this thread as a joint 'Epi 12 and 13' as I thought that they were if fact a 'double-episode' story final - but if others want to start threads for each story as well I'm sure many members will contribute.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 06:28 PM EST
    I sincerely apologize to anyone who really liked this finale, but that was just staggeringly bad. I'll read through the thread now, but I honestly think I'm done with this show. I'll save my red eye airfare for something else.

Frown

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 08:02 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    Loved episode 12. Bilis is awesome. My first impression was of William Hartnell and Peter Cushing. I was definitely convinced (egged on a bit by a particular coat rack in his shop) that he was a Time Lord if not the Doctor in a later regeneration.

He was amazing. All the time pieces... it was very much like a Time Lord. Perhaps he is. And yes, I did consider he might be the Master, once he turned all evil.

Well, we only heard a TARDIS. It may not have been the Doctor's TARDIS. Maybe the hand was just reacting to another Time Lord coming.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 11:26 PM EST
    Let me ask you a serious question:

You don't really believe that, do you?

Sean.

Monday, January 08 2007 @ 09:47 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] Let me ask you a serious question:

Sean.

Actually, I believe that possibility as much as I believe it was the Doctor. The only thing that could make the Doctor idea more probable is the hand. But then, as someone noted...he didn't take the hand with for disposal or anything.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, January 08 2007 @ 10:03 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] Let me ask you a serious question:

Sean.

Actually, I believe that possibility as much as I believe it was the Doctor. The only thing that could make the Doctor idea more probable is the hand. But then, as someone noted...he didn't take the hand with for disposal or anything.

Why would he? He doesn't need the hand, he's got a "fightin' hand now." And I can't imagine that it was the hand that brought the Doctor, so he probably doesn't even know about its existence.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, January 08 2007 @ 04:24 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]
    Why would he? He doesn't need the hand, he's got a "fightin' hand now." And I can't imagine that it was the hand that brought the Doctor, so he probably doesn't even know about its existence.

If anything brought him to Cardiff it would have been the openning of the Rift rather than the hand.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, January 08 2007 @ 05:36 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    If anything brought him to Cardiff it would have been the openning of the Rift rather than the hand.

Cheers, daveac

Wait a minute... the above assumes he has actually left Cardiff. You mean the Doctor may actually leave Cardiff?? Wink Hmm... OK, we know at least one or two stories in the next series are set outside of Cardiff... still on Earth, but at least outside of Cardiff. Smile

Kidding aside, perhaps he encounters Bulis Manger himself and somehow that leads him back to Torchwood's Cardiff branch.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, January 09 2007 @ 08:47 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]

Cheers, daveac

Wait a minute... the above assumes he has actually left Cardiff. You mean the Doctor may actually leave Cardiff?? Wink Hmm... OK, we know at least one or two stories in the next series are set outside of Cardiff... still on Earth, but at least outside of Cardiff. Smile

Kidding aside, perhaps he encounters Bulis Manger himself and somehow that leads him back to Torchwood's Cardiff branch.

Cheers,
    Louis

Whatever else - the Tardis - sorry! 'A Tardis' grinding sound certainly gave the end of the series a real high - for Dr Who Series 3 if nothing else.

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored