The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    A Silurian
    A Silurian
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Torchwood - Series 1 »  Torchwood (E12+13) Series Final (Spoilers!)
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Torchwood (E12+13) Series Final (Spoilers!) Views: 6171
     Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 08:00 PM EST
    wow wow wow! episode 13 was a real nailbiter! I'd been left a little deflated by episode 12 - which was good, but didn't really *grab* me. Then watching 13 - fantatic! When I saw the monster I let out a pffft and chuckled, but the killer shadow made up for it - and the Tardis at the very end - gave me chills! Woo hoo!

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 10:24 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] Yeah, great stuff for 1h50m, but what a muddled mess at the end!

Another Satan? Why? Makes absolutely no sense that the Rift was the "home" of Satan—or any creature for that matter. ...

Agreed. When I first saw it, during the coming attractions, I figured it was the same beast we saw in The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit... I was surprised and disappointed that we have another one here living in this rift.

I also don't understand how Captain Jack got it's attention at the end. It didn't look like it was anywhere near him as Jack was in an open field and it was rampaging through town at the time... yet from what looked like a mile away or so, he as able to call its attention to himself. Not only that but somehow lured the creature to him.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 10:33 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  helo_75] ...

theres been a lot of issues made in 'other' forums about rtd's insistence on forcing the gay issue in every episode!

"In every episode?" -- Hardly. It is more like forcing the straight issue in every episode. In all, there really hasn't been much at all in this series. It is about time that Jack had something to do and express some feeling for a change.. as so much of this series he has been wooden (and not in a good way) and devoid of feeling and passion.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 10:34 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    On the door of the building was a 'Vote Saxon' notice - I'm sure on some forum they were saying 'saxon' is this years 'Bad Wolf'

Anyone?
    Cheers, daveac

Talking of Bad Wolf - anyone notice this? :-

Cheers, daveac

Wow. No, I hadn't noticed it. But I only seen the episode once.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 10:44 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] So what was Jack thanking Gwen for at the end? The kiss that woke him like Sleeping Beauty, or for waiting just long enough?

Loved how the Tardis came and swept him away. That really got my anticipation of the final few Doctor Who's for this year.... And really, when Jack heard the Tardis, it was the happiest we'd seen him all dang year!

I took it to mean thanks for waiting so long... though I wonder if he has any sense of how much time has passed while he was "dead" so now in hindsight, I am not too sure. But my first impression was that he was thanking her for her patience and perseverance.

Yeah the TARDIS sound was kind of timely as he just mentioned that the only one that would had made a difference to him would be "the right kind of doctor."

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 11:22 PM EST
    Wow. So much to say about this pair of episodes.

This is some of the deepest emotional writing I've seen on TV in years, not quite rivalling "Father's Day" and Eccleston's finales, but damned close.

Wow. I mean this was a gripping two hours (thereabouts) of TV. Too bad it can never air in the US (without some huge editing).

Loved episode 12. Bilis is awesome. My first impression was of William Hartnell and Peter Cushing. I was definitely convinced (egged on a bit by a particular coat rack in his shop) that he was a Time Lord if not the Doctor in a later regeneration.

He was amazing. All the time pieces... it was very much like a Time Lord. Perhaps he is. And yes, I did consider he might be the Master, once he turned all evil.

As for the evil creature, I thought it made perfect sense in light of "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit". It makes sense that if one huge demonic-like creature was in the basement of a planet holding back a black hole, that another one could be under the Rift in Cardiff kept there like his brother, trying to get out through the rift.

He was definitely the same type of creature, but as Louis pointed out, he had a bit more flesh on his bones. (A younger brother perhaps?)

Jack knows something about Gwen. When he went off to face the demon, he chose Gwen to accompany him. Just Gwen. No one else would do. And she stayed while he recovered.

I loved the TARDIS showing up at the end. I guess it means the first episode of "Doctor Who" Series Three is going to have to start with Jack, rather than him coming in mid-season as a walk-on.

I hope it means Bilis will have to be part of the next season's Doctor Who arc.

Wow. What didn't I love about this pair of episodes? Not much. I even liked the "Scully and Mulder" reference.

Loved Rhys dying even though she took him away from home.

If I had any problem with the creature it was his seemingly changing scale in relation to his surroundings. Loved the buildings that just collapsed when he walked near them.

Wow. Loved it. I thought Tosh's look when the two Jacks kissed was quite good, and reflected a view that RTD wishes the rest of the world shared, but sadly too many don't.

And wow, did Tosh ever look good in this episode. Meanwhile Gwen was made to look her worst.

I could go on all night, but I won't... must restrain...

Now I just can't wait for the next season.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 11:29 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] ...

Loved episode 12. Bilis is awesome. My first impression was of William Hartnell and Peter Cushing. I was definitely convinced (egged on a bit by a particular coat rack in his shop) that he was a Time Lord if not the Doctor in a later regeneration.

Hey, I was focusing in on that coat rack as well. I was just shrugging it off as a bit of coincidence and didn't read all that much into it... but I guess I have to say, "Hmm...." now.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 11:42 PM EST

It seemed imediate to me that that was a possibility. He just has the look and attitude of a Time Lord.
    And the Grandfather clock in the office seemed to indicate it to me as well. Master or Doctor or whatever
    this is finally another villan that might be an equal to the Doctor. And I never thought these words would
    ever come from me, but I missed the rack entirely.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 11:51 PM EST
    i doubt it would be the doctor. for instance, the cold blooded murder of reese, the tampering of tosh's note - hardly the doctors style. maybe another valeyard type of thing, but i can't imagine that idea being used again either.

i really wish RTD would realise his potential and bring him back in a new series of who, but knowing him he'll probably be more content in giving us phil mitchell in a mr peanut costume or something.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 08:14 AM EST
    I'd rather not have another Time Lord around. Space is pretty big with plenty of other baddies to invent or choose from. We had the Master in Doctor Who - let's go somewhere different in Torchwood.

Bilis was certainly a great character and down right creepy. A return would be most welcome but I hope his origins aren't Gallifreyan.

Practice acts of random kindness.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 09:06 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] I loved the TARDIS showing up at the end. I guess it means the first episode of "Doctor Who" Series Three is going to have to start with Jack, rather than him coming in mid-season as a walk-on.

Sean.

Actually, it still makes sense to me having Jack join the Doctor in the 11th episode. Time is relative, afterall - the Doctor is certainly NOT your human linear thinker afterall. I'm sure it will all make sense when we learn why the Doctor has come for Jack.

Back to the Shadow and Jack killing it: I've leant my DVD of the 9th Doctor to a friend, so I couldn't check this out. What did the Doctor say about leaving Jack in the future at Parting of the Ways? He was needed to save the world? fix things on earth? what was it? It's been a few months/a year since I've seen it, so in my mind I keep thinking maybe the Doctor meant he was needed to stop this beast, but perhaps the Doctor didn't know "when" Jack had to stop the beast? Someone needs to correct my memory on the end of Parting of the Ways (I'd ask my friend for the DVDs back, but then I know I'd never get him to see the series)

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 09:35 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis] I also don't understand how Captain Jack got it's attention at the end. It didn't look like it was anywhere near him as Jack was in an open field and it was rampaging through town at the time... yet from what looked like a mile away or so, he as able to call its attention to himself. Not only that but somehow lured the creature to him.

As Jack said, "If it feeds on life energy, I should look like a feast." I think Jack probably looked like a beacon of life energy to the beast, even from so far away.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 10:25 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  rocko]As Jack said, "If it feeds on life energy, I should look like a feast." I think Jack probably looked like a beacon of life energy to the beast, even from so far away.

He looked like an all you can eat buffet to a chronic over eater!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 01:14 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  rocko]As Jack said, "If it feeds on life energy, I should look like a feast." I think Jack probably looked like a beacon of life energy to the beast, even from so far away.

He looked like an all you can eat buffet to a chronic over eater!

Yeah, but how would the beast creature know about it... from the outside, Jack looks like any other human being in Cardiff... I guess the beasty can sense energy or something....

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 01:16 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]
    Actually, it still makes sense to me having Jack join the Doctor in the 11th episode. Time is relative, afterall - the Doctor is certainly NOT your human linear thinker afterall. I'm sure it will all make sense when we learn why the Doctor has come for Jack.

Back to the Shadow and Jack killing it: I've leant my DVD of the 9th Doctor to a friend, so I couldn't check this out. What did the Doctor say about leaving Jack in the future at Parting of the Ways? He was needed to save the world? fix things on earth? what was it? It's been a few months/a year since I've seen it, so in my mind I keep thinking maybe the Doctor meant he was needed to stop this beast, but perhaps the Doctor didn't know "when" Jack had to stop the beast? Someone needs to correct my memory on the end of Parting of the Ways (I'd ask my friend for the DVDs back, but then I know I'd never get him to see the series)

Wasn't that comment made in the Children in Need mini-episode?

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed