The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  

Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Torchwood - Series 1 »  Torchwood: (E01) Everything Changes
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Torchwood: (E01) Everything Changes Views: 6642
     Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 12:07 AM EDT

The Weavils have been on Earth for quite some time... Weavil Family Genealogy Twisted Evil Over 200 in the 1930 US Census alone!

They have even formed a band... The Weavils

And a UK Label! BO WEAVIL RECORDINGS (UK)

Weavils date back to at least 1740 and one entered the US in 1752!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 12:12 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]

Hmm... the Face of Bo joined up with a Weavil to form their own record label, huh? Perhaps that is the big secret he is waiting to tell the Doctor?

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 07:58 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] Perhaps (HUGE stretch here) because Torchwood 3 (T3 for short) is located on the rift, it is given more leaway? Or perhaps this is a statement similar to the one from Blon/Margaret in Boomtown: the whole southwest coast could fall into the ocean and no one would notice (paraphrasing here). In other words: its Cardiff, no one in London is going to care. So perhaps its RTDs dig at the non-Welsh opinion of his homeland?

I'm with Mad on this one. My first impression was that Torchwood Cardiff is more or less left to its own methods and style because... hey, it's Cardiff, not London, New York or some large center that considers itself important. It's Cardiff.

That'd be like putting a Torchwood in St. John's, Newfoundland. It would not likely become so much a para-military organization.

It also reminded me greatly of "The Lone Gunman", a group of very smart people investigating the paranormal using whatever means they desired, as long as they get results.

And the way I see it, this rift hasn't really been much of a problem until now. Enough of one to locate a branch of Torchwood there, but not major enough to get the attention of the main Torchwood branch in London.

I'm guessing that may change as the rift begins to show itself as a serious problem.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 10:30 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  BadWolf]
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid].

But I do have issues:

- I've watched the ep twice now and I still cannot figure out how did Gwen know to look up "Captain Jack Harkness." Did one of the cops at the homicide site mention his name when they mentioned "Torchwood?" Did she hear it when she was on the roof?

Corpse "My name is John who are you?"

CJ "Captain Jack Harkness"

About 5 minutes in when they are interviewing the corpse

got it! (which of course leaves me to wonder - again - how did Gwen hear the conversations from so high up? but that is not something I need answered, just something that always occurs to me as I watch shows that use this type of scene set up)

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]

got it! (which of course leaves me to wonder - again - how did Gwen hear the conversations from so high up? but that is not something I need answered, just something that always occurs to me as I watch shows that use this type of scene set up)

I was thinking the same exact thing during that scene and any time else the same device is used in television... Either all these television characters have super sonic hearing or a bionic ear... I don't know how they can hear from such distances. Wasn't it also raining too here (perhaps it just finished raining, I don't recall)?

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM EDT
    For whatever reason (call it Cool "Dramatic cool") when the glove was used, the rain stoped, they even used a music sting to emphisize the point. "Hey look this glove is something not of this earth!" then when the time was up the rain started back up again.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 05:34 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

I was thinking the same exact thing during that scene and any time else the same device is used in television... Either all these television characters have super sonic hearing or a bionic ear... I don't know how they can hear from such distances. Wasn't it also raining too here (perhaps it just finished raining, I don't recall)?

Cheers,
    Louis

She read it in the script of courseSmile

C'mon guys get with the programme do I have to answer everything for youSmile

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 05:36 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]

Hmm... the Face of Bo joined up with a Weavil to form their own record label, huh? Perhaps that is the big secret he is waiting to tell the Doctor?

Cheers,
    Louis

Nope he's waiting to tell him that he has just recorded Bo DiddlySmile

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 05:37 PM EDT

Cheers,
    Louis

Didn't you see the warning sign? "Objects in the alleyway are closer than they appear".

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, October 26 2006 @ 11:17 PM EDT
    On a second viewing of "Everything Changes" caught the exact description of Torchwood 2

Arrow "Torchwood two is an office in Glasgow, very strange man."

I don't rember if his birthplace was ever specifically named but could it possibly be our favorite Stewart clan member from old. Even if it is never mentioned again ( Rolling Eyes fat chance) it is interesting speculation. The implacation that Torchwood 2 is one man, who else could it be?

Friday, October 27 2006 @ 07:56 AM EDT

You'll notice that the first thing that happens once the glove begins working is the rain stops.

In an echoy alley, it is very likely she heard every word of their conversation. Everything indicates she did. Even Jack looks up and asks her casually what she thinks, becuase he knows she heard every word.

It's a situation in which she probably could even hear their whispers.

-Sean.

Friday, October 27 2006 @ 08:00 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley] On a second viewing of "Everything Changes" caught the exact description of Torchwood 2

I don't rember if his birthplace was ever specifically named but could it possibly be our favorite Stewart clan member from old. Even if it is never mentioned again ( Rolling Eyes fat chance) it is interesting speculation. The implacation that Torchwood 2 is one man, who else could it be?

Now that's something that slid by so easily I didn't catch it.

Wow. What's the implication? That a certain Mr. McCrimmon might have somehow slipped forward in time or otherwise had his life extended, and is now in charge of the Glasgow office of Torchwood?

Sean.

Friday, October 27 2006 @ 09:04 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    Wow. What's the implication? That a certain Mr. McCrimmon might have somehow slipped forward in time or otherwise had his life extended, and is now in charge of the Glasgow office of Torchwood?

Sean.

It could be a decendent of his - or a decendent of one of the staff from the original Torchwood house.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, October 27 2006 @ 09:30 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley] On a second viewing of "Everything Changes" caught the exact description of Torchwood 2

Now that's something that slid by so easily I didn't catch it.

Sean.

Very intresting, well though Mr. McCrimmon as a possiblity would certinaly be intresting, I was in fact talking about a certain Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart Cool who might be persuaded to come out of retirement to be a consultant for Torchwood. If you recall in The Terror of the Zygons the Brig. appears in a regimental kilt Eek! (much to the amusement of the Doctor and Sara Jane and Harry) He explains that he is a member for the clan Stewart. He certanily has more experience than almost anyone on the planet. Any other speculation as to who the "Very Strange Man" in Glasgo is? I welcome it, I wouldn't have thought of Jamie (too centered on Troughton). Any other strange men in Glasgo Wink ?

Friday, October 27 2006 @ 03:16 PM EDT
    why haven't Ken or James weighed in on these two Torchwood episodes? Louis, do you know if they've seen them?

Heath Holland

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed