The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Louise Jameson (1984)
    Louise Jameson (1984)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Torchwood - Series 1 »  Torchwood (E10) Out of Time
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Torchwood (E10) Out of Time Views: 2682
     Sunday, December 17 2006 @ 06:07 PM EST
    Possible spoilers.....

Well firstly I really liked this episode - but I must say that Torchwood is jumping about abit from week to week.

The good thing about this episode is that three of the characters, Gwen, Owen and Jack we learn more and the character learns more - about themselves.

Will remind some of a Star Trek - The Next Generation story but it was handled well.

4 weevils from me.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, December 17 2006 @ 06:18 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac] Possible spoilers.....

Cheers, daveac

Go on then - I know you want to see a screen cap -

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Sunday, December 17 2006 @ 06:22 PM EST
    Someone pass me a bucket. I really do not want to see Owen do THAT to anyone again! Why does my screen have to be occupied with "THAT", NAKED, and SWEATY when Ianto is around (!) and NOT NAKED or SWEATY, or Jack , or even Gwen ...

PS : Ianto ....leaving his car keys on the table! What will they think of next? Broadcasting "Torchwood, Torchwood, Torchwood,(secret underground organisation outside the government, beyond the secret services) HERE! HERE! HERE!" in big glowing neon pink letters over Cardiff bay?

Liked the girl from Sugar Rush, liked the snippets about Jack (more please! Just watched Heroes and I'm into the 'significant things happen each episode' idea which seems to have vanished in most TV), where was Tosh, Reese has come out from behind the sofa.

Altogether nowhere near as good as some episodes, but not as bad as some.

Picking up next week? I wish. Just waiting for the finale now.

K

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Sunday, December 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo]

Liked the girl from Sugar Rush,

K

Snipped - all good points. Owens not really beefcake is he??

Thought the girl looked familiar - didn't realise she was from Sugar Rush - although I diddn't watch more than one part of that - a bit too much 'teenage culture' for me.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, December 17 2006 @ 07:21 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo]

Liked the girl from Sugar Rush,

K

Snipped - all good points. Owens not really beefcake is he??

not really my type no Laughing Out Loud

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 12:20 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo] Someone pass me a bucket. I really do not want to see Owen do THAT to anyone again! Why does my screen have to be occupied with "THAT", NAKED, and SWEATY when Ianto is around (!) and NOT NAKED or SWEATY, or Jack , or even Gwen ...

Strange, just strange. I guess they are trying to soften the bad image they initially gave Owen, not working for me.
    The first bits of nudity (from an U.S. viewpoint) and they give us Reese's bare ARSE Eek! , and Owen doing the obviously
    fake nasty Frown ? Yes, give us more of the Jack backstory and less of the badly shot sex scenes. I don't mind nudity,
    but please! RTD lives enough in the real world to know that female nudity will always be more popular than male.

Arrow Male nudity (especially the examples from "Out of Time") = Comedy
    Arrow Female nudity = Ratings (or when shot properly Art)

Loved Gwen's explanition of sex in the 21st. century, especially her reaction when ask "sex with him,(Reese)
    is better than with the others?". Laughing Out Loud

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 02:14 AM EST
    Dave, first let me say that probably the reason they're flitting around a bit is because it's a new show, and when the writers were tasked to come up with episodes, there wasn't yet a flow or feel to the show.

So you're bound to see a lot of experimentation, and a lot of different types of episode.

Not to offend anyone, but I considered this a woman's show. It was written by a woman and involved a lot of the things that make men and women differ. This episode was from Venus, some other episodes were from Mars.

I loved this episode. I hope they do more like this, but like everything, in moderation.

I loved the fact that it dealt with people, their emotions, their troubles, and little violence or gunplay.

I've already read posts elsewhere that thought this epiosde was a piece of crap, comparing it to Coronation Street. (Which by the way is probably the most popular TV show ever made, and that's not for no reason.)

This is not an episode many men would have written, and I'm betting a lot fewer men loved it than women. Me, I'm an old sap. I loved "Love, Actually", and "A Room with a View". I loved this episode.

I felt that this was very nearly the perfect episode. I thought it was touching, revealing, and a joy to watch.

I have yet to read past the first post of this thread, so I'll stop here for now and read the rest, and will probably write another response to some of the specific comments shortly.

But let me first set down my initial reaction - that I really loved this episode.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 03:02 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    This is not an episode many men would have written, and I'm betting a lot fewer men loved it than women. Me, I'm an old sap. I loved "Love, Actually", and "A Room with a View". I loved this episode.

Wow, "Love, Actually" love that film. Never would I have thought to see that film mentioned in a Torchwood thread. Folks, if you havn't seen it find a copy and watch it. It's even a good christmas film (but not for the kiddies Oops! ). Even the most jaded of us (I am near the top of that list Wink ) will get a good laugh, and maybe even a tear or two out of "Love, Actually".

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 04:23 AM EST
    I enjoyed this episode and thought it was a return to form from last weeks 'Love and Monsters'-fest although I'm not 100% sure about the ending. A few comments:-

I would of liked some more back story - why were Torchwood waiting for the plane?

I just don't think they would of let the characters wander off like that at the end, in fact I'm surprised there were given so much freedom - surely they would of shipped them off somewhere to be 're-educated'?

I loved the supermarket scene, I would of loved to have seen a few more moments like that!

Maybe this could have been expanded to cover two parts? Maybe not consecutively but could of ended with them going off to the 'Torchwood School for readjusting people who fall through the rift' and we catch up with them later?

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 08:04 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]

Wow, "Love, Actually" love that film. Never would I have thought to see that film mentioned in a Torchwood thread. Folks, if you havn't seen it find a copy and watch it. It's even a good christmas film (but not for the kiddies Oops! ). Even the most jaded of us (I am near the top of that list Wink ) will get a good laugh, and maybe even a tear or two out of "Love, Actually".

Merlin, I love that film. There are a few threads in it that I didn't care for, but the guy who fell in love with his best friend's fiancee was great, and the card scene with her was just fantastic.

The other "best scene" was when Bill Nighy (an acting GOD) tells his manager that he loves him. Wow. That was a wonderful scene.

I had a lot less personal identification with the whole Liam Neeson thread, or for that matter, the main thread of Hugh Grant and his personal assistant, but overall, great film. And another new must-see for Christmas.

(Speaking of Christmas, and roaming a bit off-topic, if you can, find "One Magic Christmas", which is to me every bit as good as "It's A Wonderful Life" that I think people should see before Christmas.)

Sean.

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 08:32 AM EST
    just throwing in a quick note here: I am aboard the Love Actually love-train. I think it's one of the best movies of it's kind, and my wife and I watch it every holiday season. I would watch Bill Nighy read the phonebook.
    "I feel it in my fingers...I feel it in my toes..."

Still waiting for Torchwood to finish it's before I watch past episode 4. I will then marathon them in rapid succession.

Heath Holland

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 08:43 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  hdutch007]
    Still waiting for Torchwood to finish it's before I watch past episode 4. I will then marathon them in rapid succession.

Probably a very wise strategem!

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 09:50 AM EST
    In case anybody is interested in the aircraft featured in this episode, it is a De Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide 6 owned by Air Atlantique Classic Flight based at Coventry Airport. The livery on the aircraft is the actual livery, it wasn't 'altered for TV' at all. The plane, like Air Atlantique's other classic aircraft, does work for it's living.

More pictures can be found here

EDIT

To correct my own post - the 'Sky Gypsy' nose art used was added for this episode

See here

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  hdutch007] just throwing in a quick note here: I am aboard the Love Actually love-train. I think it's one of the best movies of it's kind, and my wife and I watch it every holiday season. I would watch Bill Nighy read the phonebook.
    "I feel it in my fingers...I feel it in my toes..."

hdutch, if you like Bill Nighy, find and watch "The Girl in the Cafe", which was absolutely wonderful. It shows Bill Nighy at his best, and the writers gave him some of the most wonderful lines...

SEan.

Monday, December 18 2006 @ 04:04 PM EST

Ahh... good. This is probably the third, possibly even the fourth episode out of 10 so far that has been transmitted that I was not fidgeting through watching the time wondering when it was going to end. With the exception of the sex scene, the episode seemed fairly natural and not forced, which is good to finally witness.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic