The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 312 - 'The Caretaker' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Caretaker? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'The Caretaker' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 28th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 311 - 'Time Heist' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Ice Warrior
    Ice Warrior
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Patrick Troughton Era »  Invasion DVD cover
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Invasion DVD cover Views: 2360
     Monday, December 04 2006 @ 09:13 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  JeffL] I was looking at the US Amazon.com site and "The Invasion" is available for pre-order with a release date of March 7, 2007.

But the reviews and write-ups they have on it are the ones referring to the version with the Nicholas Courtney narration rather than the animated version.

I am assuming this is an Amazon.com error and that the US will also be getting the new animated version rather than the one with the narration. If not I would be very disappointed.

Yeah, the one being released in March will be the new version with the animation... I can't wait.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 01:11 AM EST

Amazon often adds reviews for a different release of a video. Usually it has the disclaimer that the review is for "the VHS version" as an example.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 12:35 PM EST
    i ordered this the other week along with the new beginnings boxset from amazon...both for 35 which was a pretty good deal as the invasion arrived yesterday and it is absolutely packed with great stuff including an interesting documentary about the filming of the story and a piece about the sound restoration which i found really fascinating! especially after hearing the podshock interview with mark ayres.

also for those who bought the vhs release of this when it came out, the difference between the picture quality of that and this new dvd release is quite something! a totally reccommened release.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, January 24 2007 @ 09:02 AM EST
    I finally got round to watching this last weekend and it's blindingly good. Good old Patrick Troughton; he really is one of the best Doctors.

The two animated episodes are really well re-constructed, but at the risk of sounding like a big wet blanket (and I don't mean to, I'm grateful for finally getting to see this adventure) I did miss the subtlety's of the actors performances in what is essentially a Flash animation.

That said, they were really well done, especially given the constraints of a miniscule budget (as the best Doctor Who so often is).

It's a shame that we already know it's a Cyberman story - the "baddy reveal" doesn't happen for ages, it must have been mind blowing to see the cyberman so late in the adventure when it aired.

But I'd give 5 Tardis groans all in all. Really brilliantly done.

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 12 2007 @ 02:52 PM EST
    I'm so pleased this is now on DVD.

I've got a sentimental attachment to this story; episode 1 was broadcast on the very day I was born! & this was actually already a serious contender for my favourite ever Who story before I knew that!

If you could be pedantic enough to ever select your favourite ever episode of Who, I definitely think number 1 is in with a real chance; they set the scene for this whole story fantastically. And as a big animation fan (absolutely anything by Bruce Timm/Paul Dini), it was nice to actually "see" it.......

Brilliant.

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 07 2007 @ 10:48 PM EST

My NTSC copy arrived today. I have just watched episode 1 and am impresssed with the work done animating it. The extras on disc 1 were very good as well. I'll catch the other parts of this release later, as I got a long day tomorrow.

Taras

Wednesday, March 07 2007 @ 11:10 PM EST

Mine arrived yesterday... which was a DOUBLE Doctor Who delivery day as my 1/4 scale RC K-9 arrived the same day as well!

I haven't viewed the DVDs yet though... but I did give K-9 a go.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Wednesday, March 07 2007 @ 11:36 PM EST
    I am surpised they didn't pick the Moonbase or the Tenth Planet to restore first. I believe the missing eps of the Monnbase have more Cybermen? Also, it would be nice to have the Tenth Planet on dvd.
    I believe the Tenth Planet is only missing Ep 4 (although we know the regeneration scene exists) and the Moonbase is missing 2 eps?
    It would be nice if they could work on those two stories next.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, March 08 2007 @ 03:12 AM EST

I think it is because The Invasion is considered to be a better story than the other two.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored