The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Pamela Salem
    Pamela Salem
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Patrick Troughton Era »  Most Popular Candidate for Reanimation.
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Most Popular Candidate for Reanimation. Views: 1638
     Monday, December 04 2006 @ 11:42 AM EST
    Due to the recent release of The Invasion with episodes 1 and 4 (the missing ones) animated, I was wondering what other mising stories people wanted released as an animation. I personally want The Crusade, because it will complete Season Two, it's a very good story, there are only two missing episodes and that pure music section at the end of episode two annoys me; I have no idea what happens.
    So, what missing story do you want on DVD animated?

I am the Master, and you will obey me. You will obey me.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, December 04 2006 @ 12:27 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Adam] Due to the recent release of The Invasion with episodes 1 and 4 (the missing ones) animated, I was wondering what other mising stories people wanted released as an animation. I personally want The Crusade, because it will complete Season Two, it's a very good story, there are only two missing episodes and that pure music section at the end of episode two annoys me; I have no idea what happens.
    So, what missing story do you want on DVD animated?

Top of the list - 'The Celestial Toymaker'

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, December 04 2006 @ 04:44 PM EST
    Whether or not it's anyone's favourite, I think The Dalek Masterplan has to be high on the discussion list. Of course the number of missing episodes and length of time to animate them would probably be a bit of a hindrance.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, December 04 2006 @ 09:49 PM EST

Recently, I dug up and watched my old VHS copy of Shada... While watching it, I was thinking to myself that it would be nice to see this on DVD as the VHS quality... is err... VHS quality. Then I thought, hey, they can animate the missing bits now! On the VHS version, Tom Baker narrates the missing scenes.

Well, I think there are some classic black & white missing episodes that should get the treatment first, but I wouldn't mind it being done with Shada as well, though the difference would be that Shada did not having complete missing episodes, but rather scenes that are missing (because they were never completed)... So it would mean switching from live action to animation right within the episodes themselves. The other difference is that the audio will have to be created with the animation. In other words, if this was done now, they would have to get the actors back to speak their lines for the missing bits... and not all of them are still with us unfortunately. Denis Carey who played Professor Chronotis died 20 years ago, Gerald Campion who played Porter died as well (2002). Perhaps the actors that played those respective parts in the Big Finish audio drama with Paul McGann would reprise their roles?

Anyway, just thinking out loud here... well, perhaps not out loud... unless you count the keyboard clicking noise as I type this Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, December 04 2006 @ 10:25 PM EST
    I think I would go for the "Ice warriers", "the Abominable Snowmen" and "The Tenth Planet" (in that order). Obviously the "Ice warriers" and "The Tenth Planet" would be easier since more than 50% of the story is available in live action, "the Abominable Snowmen" would have to be mainly animated.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 01:46 AM EST
    I would tend to think "The Tenth Planet" would be at the very top of the list, because of the centrality of the story and the relative ease with which it could be completed. It's not necessarily the one I'd want first, but I can see it as being one of the ones they'd quickly get out of the way.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 01:47 AM EST

The remake of Shada had been animated to an extent, as a BBCi webcast, so I doubt that it would be high on anyones list for a remake.

(Quote fom the Invasion reanimated thread)
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    If I were a betting man, I would think that stories like The Tenth Planet with one, or The Reign of Terror, The Crusade, The Moonbase, and/or The Ice Warriors with two missing episodes are the stories most likely to receive this kind of treatment. I doubt very much that stories with more than half of the episodes missing will get this treatment as they already had their existing episodes released on DVD, and too much of those stories are missing to give enough of a a cue to any potential animators, especially for sets that do not appear in the existing episodes, and it would most likely be prohibitively expensive to animate more than two episodes for the amount of sales that the classic DVD range typically generates per title. Now, if sales of The Invasion and any successors are high enough to justify it, then "fantastic"! But I would not hold my breath for a release of the stories that are mostly of completely missing from the BBC archives unless the economics change.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 01:50 AM EST
    Yep, agree with all that, taras. Still, if we're talking total fantasy, economics-not-a-factor kinda wishing here, I'd personally slide "Marco Polo" to the top of my personal list.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 01:37 PM EST
    My vote would be "The Power of the Daleks". My arguement is that since it is the first Troughton serial, it would be nice to have the first serial of each doctor intact. While yes, I do agree the plot is a lil predictiable it would be nice to see the Second Doctor orientation sequence.

while I'm on this topic, the only in story reason for the regeneration, from Hartnell to Troughton was Harnell's line "this old body is growing thin", I didn't catch anything to explain why in "Power", althought I could have just missed since the recon I got was a few gens old.

Doctor... who?
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 04:31 PM EST
    The remake of Shada had been animated to an extent, as a BBCi webcast, so I doubt that it would be high on anyones list for a remake.

That's true. I remember the webcast now. I should revisit that too. As I recall it though, it was not fully animated... not like Scream of the Shakra... (whatever it is called). It was more like an animated comic book if memory serves.

They could even use the animation from the webcast to fill in the missing bits then on the DVD release.

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 04:55 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

That's true. I remember the webcast now. I should revisit that too. As I recall it though, it was not fully animated... not like Scream of the Shakra... (whatever it is called). It was more like an animated comic book if memory serves.

They could even use the animation from the webcast to fill in the missing bits then on the DVD release.

Cheers,
    Louis

If I'm not mistaken continuity would be a problem as doctor number 4 would skip a few regenerations into the Guise of doctor number 8.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 06:27 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie]
    If I'm not mistaken continuity would be a problem as doctor number 4 would skip a few regenerations into the Guise of doctor number 8.

Yes, you are so right. Doh! Eek! That would be a little problematic...

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 06:31 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

It's been done before [COUGH!] Dimensions in Time [COUGH!] Twisted Evil

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 07:58 PM EST
    I'd prefer to go with the ones that have the fewest missing episodes because it wouldn't require as much animation and we'd get to see a majority of live stuff.

Among my choices are:

"The Reign of Terror" 4 of 6 exist

"The Crusade" 2 of 4 missing

"The Tenth Planet" - missing one but some of the regeneration scenes were available on Lost in Time

"The Ice Warriors" 2 of 6 missing

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, December 05 2006 @ 11:34 PM EST
    "The Crusade" already has a DVD release, though. I'm not sure how willing they'd be to animate it if they've already released it as a mixed audio/audio-visual package.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored