The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  

Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Torchwood - Series 2 »  Captain Jack expectations....
     Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Captain Jack expectations.... Views: 1407
     Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 02:00 PM EST
    Expectations that Captain Jack will come back with his immortality removed and his easy-going personality returned. Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 06:51 PM EST

Yeah, that thought also crossed my mind as well. As we know (and if you seen the series 1 finale, you know for sure) that he returns to "the right kind of doctor." So it is a nice set up for his return in the 2007 series of Doctor Who. Now that Torchwood is getting another series, he can be re-deposited back at Torchwood at the start of the new series when it returns.. feeling more like the Jack we once knew when we first met him.

I certainly hope so, as I didn't care for him as much with the 'walking zombie' persona he took on in the first series of Torchwood.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 07:35 PM EST
    I hope you're right, that he does get himself sorted outSmile Wow, my doctor who/torchwood pal and I were falling out of our seats in excitment when we heard the groan of the tardis at the end! I just wonder when the episodes where they meet again are going to fall during series 3 - with the tardis - it could really happen any time! Maybe even the very endSmile

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Thursday, January 04 2007 @ 10:03 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Magpie] ... I just wonder when the episodes where they meet again are going to fall during series 3 - with the tardis - it could really happen any time! Maybe even the very endSmile

To my understanding that is when it will take place. I guess now it makes more sense as it will flow right into the beginning of series 2 of Torchwood.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 02:11 AM EST

If I were a betting man, I would say that Captain Jack will be in episodes 11, 12 & 13 of series three.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 08:09 AM EST
    My theory is that the immortality was more a case of having an abundance of 'life energy' which the beast ate up all but enough to bring back Jack.

Here's an interesting question though - how do you know that you are no longer immortal? I guess he will get injured and not heal instantly like he has done before.

Practice acts of random kindness.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 01:09 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Archie] ...
    Here's an interesting question though - how do you know that you are no longer immortal? I guess he will get injured and not heal instantly like he has done before.

An interesting question indeed!

Friday, January 05 2007 @ 11:19 PM EST
    regarding his immortality or possible lack of it now- if previous episodes are anything to go by, he'll probably just get shot and never get up again and that'll be the abrupt end to captain Jack. I wager he is still immortal based on his "nothing" comment - I think he'd feel "something" inside if he was mortal again.

Saturday, January 06 2007 @ 03:46 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Magpie] regarding his immortality or possible lack of it now- if previous episodes are anything to go by, he'll probably just get shot and never get up again and that'll be the abrupt end to captain Jack. I wager he is still immortal based on his "nothing" comment - I think he'd feel "something" inside if he was mortal again.

Yes, but Jack is commenting on something that happened before the big beastie's shadow attacked him. So perhaps if the same thing were to happen again (assuming he is now mortal) he would feel something? But since it happened before that, he did not?

Anyway, hopping on board the "Returns with immortality removed and happiness reinstated" train. The last 10 seconds of the finale were honestly the happiest he's seemed all series, and I really miss it. Smile

'They may shoot me dead, but I have the moral high ground!'
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 03:38 PM EST
    Or maybe the Face of Boe will pass on the secret to both The Doctor and Jack and using it they will be able to transfer Jack's immortality to The Doctor so that the series can continue on indefinately! hurrah!

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 06:26 PM EST
    I just hope they actually decide what they want to do with Captain Jack in season 2 of Torchwood. It seemed to me that the writers really didn't know what to do with him for much of the season and consequently he ended up being moody, insular and secretive throughout (mind you so were most of the others and suspect probably for the same reason).

Here's hoping they have a clearer direction of sense of style next year.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 07:01 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Archie] My theory is that the immortality was more a case of having an abundance of 'life energy' which the beast ate up all but enough to bring back Jack.

That certainly crossed my mind.

He said he was brought back to life and it was as if it was for a reason. I think we saw the reason. Now it's my bet he's mortal again, having had all that extra life sucked out of him in destroying the beasty.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Sunday, January 07 2007 @ 08:16 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Abersoch] I just hope they actually decide what they want to do with Captain Jack in season 2 of Torchwood. It seemed to me that the writers really didn't know what to do with him for much of the season and consequently he ended up being moody, insular and secretive throughout (mind you so were most of the others and suspect probably for the same reason).

Here's hoping they have a clearer direction of sense of style next year.

I've often wondered if they had plans for the Torchwood show and then shoehorned Jack into it, or if they wanted a spinoff with Captain Jack and created the show around him. The way season 1 went, it sure feels like the former to me.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, March 26 2007 @ 01:58 PM EDT
    If true, the following article details the return of Captain Jack:

http://scifipulse.net/Dr_Who/Dr_Who_Series3_Spoiler_Story.html

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post