The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    A Silurian
    A Silurian
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S3-Ep 12 'The Sound of Drums'
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S3-Ep 12 'The Sound of Drums' Views: 12639
     Thursday, June 28 2007 @ 07:38 PM EDT
    Hi there.

She has seen every episode of the relaunch. She tends to like Eccleston more than Tennant, but she loved last season's finale and this season's Human Nature.

After watching all of Torchwood she came to not really care about Captain Jack, so his return hasn't been as interesting to her. It might've been more interesting to her if she hadn't seen Torchwood.

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, June 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM EDT
    Has anyone seen the stills on the BBC website for the season ender? Not really a spoiler but there is a picture of Lucy in flashier clothes than her First Lady getups. I'm curious if this means a change in her demeaner as well. I really think there is some story with her we haven't seen yet.

http://themedusacascadegazette.blogspot.com/
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 28 2007 @ 08:51 PM EDT
    I wouldn't really call myself a "new series fan," but I suppose that's what I am. I started watching the series just over four months ago, starting with Rose and forging ahead. After doing that (and checking out Torchwood), I saw the TV movie and some classic episodes, but I'm still only starting to explore the classic series.

By the time I saw Utopia, the only Master story I had seen was the Movie. I understood what was going on and I quite enjoyed it. Between "Utopia" and "The Sound of Drums" I watched the "New Beginnings" box set, and so I saw some more of the Master. This certainly helped me appreciate the Sound of Drums a bit more, but by no means was it necessary.

My younger sister has also carefully followed the 9th and 10th doctor. She has also seen the movie, but she has seen even fewer classic episodes than me. She watched some parts of the New Beginnings set with me (The Keeper of Traken bored her a bit, but she liked what she saw of Logopolis and Castrovalva). Still, she loved both "Utopia" and "The Sound of Drums."

My other sister, my older sister, watched "Utopia" with us too. She has seen absolutely no classic Doctor Who whatsoever, and only a handful of RTD-era Who. She has never liked scifi or fantasy, but she has taken a liking to Doctor Who. She frequently needed things to be explained, but she found it exciting and interesting. The only part which really threw her off was when Yana was opening the watch. While my younger sister and I knew what was happening, my older sister was terribly confused by the dire-sounding music. "What's going on? Why is it bad that he's a time lord?"

I think that if you're a fan of RTD-era Doctor Who, and if you at least know that there is an evil Time Lord named The Master, then this episode should entertain you just fine. But then again, it also comes down to personal taste.

tawm.net: read it. (please?)

Thursday, June 28 2007 @ 10:36 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DerekInLA] What do new series only fans think about this Master storyline?

I'm asking because I am a longtime fan and I love what they are doing with him with all of the nods back to the classic series, but my girlfriend is a new series only fan (she has no interest in watching any of the classic episode stories) and she is completely bored with these Master stories and couldn't care less about what happens.

Do any new series only fans feel the same?

Thanks.

I'm a fairly new fan, & I am enjoying the Master. Of course, I have that Doctor Who: the Legend Continues book, which helps me catch up on things. I also bought two Tom Baker DVDs. Smile

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, June 29 2007 @ 02:36 AM EDT
    It seems right, as we dissect this 10 Downing Street episode, that we should turn for a moment to an official mini-documentary about the actual Cabinet Room, released for public use by the Crown:

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Wednesday, October 03 2007 @ 04:42 PM EDT
    Hi there.

I just watched the Sci-Fi Channel broadcast of TSOD and it looks like they edited out all but one mention of the term "President-Elect" in order to correct the problem with the original broadcast. In the U.S. the President-Elect has no powers at all so it didn't make any sense for the President-Elect to be on the Valiant.

I remember there being more cases of the news reporters saying "President-Elect", but in the U.S. broadcast the only person who uses that term is the "President-Elect". He says it on-screen and they probably couldn't find a good way to edit the word "elect" out of his speech.

Am I remembering this correctly?

-Derek

Wednesday, October 03 2007 @ 04:51 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DerekInLA] Hi there.

I just watched the Sci-Fi Channel broadcast of TSOD and it looks like they edited out all but one mention of the term "President-Elect" in order to correct the problem with the original broadcast. In the U.S. the President-Elect has no powers at all so it didn't make any sense for the President-Elect to be on the Valiant.

I remember there being more cases of the news reporters saying "President-Elect", but in the U.S. broadcast the only person who uses that term is the "President-Elect". He says it on-screen and they probably couldn't find a good way to edit the word "elect" out of his speech.

Am I remembering this correctly?

-Derek

The work-a-round is that he is the President of the USA but President-Elect of Earth to greet the aliens.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored