The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Series 8 Titles - Now Released!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    In the Console Room
    In the Console Room
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Torchwood - Series 2 »  SPOILERS * TW S2 Episode 7 * Dead Man
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    SPOILERS * TW S2 Episode 7 * Dead Man Views: 2036
     Friday, February 22 2008 @ 02:19 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  old china] Why did the people of Cardiff not notice the Weavils running around the streets at night? And what effect are they having on the property prices in the area?

[Quote  by:  LanaiaD]
    The Didn’t you Shag Him in the Past Award: Not that we want to remind engaged Gwen of her past dalliances but wouldn’t you be a bit more torn up at the guy dying who you once wanted to shag in front of a Weevil.

& I wonder even more what effect voyeurisic Weevils would have on house prices in Cardiff? Probably still not as much as the US sub-prime credit crunch.

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]
    [Quote  by:  old china] Why did the people of Cardiff not notice the Weavils running around the streets at night? And what effect are they having on the property prices in the area?

[Quote  by:  LanaiaD]
    The Didn’t you Shag Him in the Past Award: Not that we want to remind engaged Gwen of her past dalliances but wouldn’t you be a bit more torn up at the guy dying who you once wanted to shag in front of a Weevil.

& I wonder even more what effect voyeurisic Weevils would have on house prices in Cardiff? Probably still not as much as the US sub-prime credit crunch.

Has the US sub-prime crunch really effected house prices in Cardiff? Who knew? Twisted Evil

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, February 23 2008 @ 02:22 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]Does anyone think that perhaps the creepy girl that Jack visited in the beginning is actually Faith? Still unable to die?

Oh, undoubtedly. And talk about your blatant Whedon homages.

Basically everything I want to say has already been said. I don't like Owen, but I wasn't begging him dead. It's just that if the writers kill someone, they should STAY dead. There's no emotional reaction if we don't feel death is important/lasting at all. (coughRoseTylercough)

That's part of what made the first death of Suzie so shocking. Indira Varma is fairly well known (I was so excited thinking she'd be in the whole run) and bam, they kill her off in the first episode. We didn't know they had a matching set of get-out-of-death-free cards.

I think having Martha in the last episode was one of the best decisions they've ever made, and she's in this episode only to sort-of-but-not-really autopsy Owen. There was no point to her being there. I feel a wee bit shorted on my Martha time.

All of these problems would have been fine by me if they'd had Death TALK LIKE THIS.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  LanaiaD]Award for Really Yes We Are a Secret Organization: Uh we’re from Torchwood so can you clear out this hospital? If you’re so secret how would I know who you are and why would I care to follow your orders?

This is what I immediately thought of as well. Maybe I'll give it a shot in real life: "Uhhhh...folks, I'm from WillyWonka-Ville, please exit the bank in an orderly fashion, and bank tellers, please leave your cash drawers open." Maybe I'll get lucky and they just won't question me. The writers really need to buy into the whole black-ops kind of thing, or else take an episode and explore how the rest of the country knows about them. I'll buy the fact the the government and UNIT knows about them, but little old ladies and hospital staff? Sorry...no can do.

Overall a decent episode, although not the best of the recent bunch. At the end of "Reset", I was completely blown away when Owen was shot, and I was debating whether or not they would really kill him. I realized how much I would probably not like the show if he left, so I'm relieved that he's still around...but at the same time, I think it cheapens the ending of Reset and I wish he were still dead...well I suppose technically he is, but you get my point.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 25 2008 @ 04:07 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  old china]Why did the people of Cardiff not notice the Weavils running around the streets at night? And what effect are they having on the property prices in the area?

My theory: they are all scuba-diving in Spain. Every single citizen of Cardiff we do not see on screen is scuba-diving in Spain. Explains a lot, don't it? Big Grin

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 25 2008 @ 06:30 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  old china] Why did the people of Cardiff not notice the Weavils running around the streets at night?

Some of them did. How do you think we got them in the "fight club"?

Oh, and the poor hospital attendant noticed as the Weavil chewed his neck off. OUCH!

Maybe it's the perception filter?

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, February 27 2008 @ 06:27 AM EST
    There will be THREE TDPs this week..

1) Torchwood and Voyage of the damned DVD

2) the Five Doctors

3) The Birthday Special... more on that later

so here is the first one

Torchwood 2.7

click here to hear

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Wednesday, February 27 2008 @ 10:19 PM EST
    I liked this episode overall. I was worried at points: like if Gwen was going to want one last shag with Owen before his 'final death'. It's just something I unfortunately have come to expect with every new episode, that somebody's gonna get laid.

I don't mind them using the other glove; I expected we'd see it eventually. But I did feel the episode was ruined a bit by the fact that Owen dies again right at the beginning of the episode, and then they try to kill him a third time later on. It would've worked much better I think had they cut out his second 'death' at the beginning of this episode.

Martha was wasted. And I guess an autopsy is SOP for Torchwood, because it wasn't needed on Owen: they all saw him shot and killed.

What I really think is that this would've made a great two-parter, with the first appearance of Death (a visual I really liked and thought was pretty well done) being the end of the first part. Indeed, without paying attention to the time, I thought that *was* the end of the episode.

It's just that Suzie set up this wonderful foreboding with the concept of something in the darkness of death... and of course it's resolved in a single episode instead. Confused

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, February 27 2008 @ 11:30 PM EST
    Ok, finally got around to watching this. Why come up with something new to say when "meh" is perfectly appropriate. I think it says a lot about series 1 that I couldn't remember what happened to the first glove at all. Honestly, my first thought was, "isn't it locked up in the vault with the dagger thing?" But then I remembered they had an episode called They Keep Killing Susie, but I couldn't remember anything about it. "Huh? Susie was draining energy off of Gwen? Nope...no recollection at all." Other random thoughts...where do the Weavils all get their matching black outfits? The Gap for Weavils? If Owen had to really struggle and fight with Death, how did Faith the ten year old girl beat it? Why won't Tosh get a clue? Why does anybody think Owen is attractive? Did they really need to show Owen spewing Guiness? Wouldn't that have worked better as an off-camera sound effect and a look of revulsion on Jack's face? When will the Sarah Jane Adventures come back?

Oh, and that is not what death looks like...

"they Melvined me"

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 28 2008 @ 08:47 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  old china] Why did the people of Cardiff not notice the Weavils running around the streets at night?

Some of them did. How do you think we got them in the "fight club"?

Oh, and the poor hospital attendant noticed as the Weavil chewed his neck off. OUCH!

Maybe it's the perception filter?

SEP field???

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  ninjaman6] Does anyone know where I can download episode 7? What site do you all use? I can't find in my normal place called isoHunt.

If you live in the UK you can but it on iTunes.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  ninjaman6] Does anyone know where I can download episode 7? What site do you all use? I can't find in my normal place called isoHunt.

I'd consider this the best source right now:
    http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=torchwood+mm

MM's encodings imo are the only ones worth getting your grubby little mitts on. Smile

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored