The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Podshock Shirt at the Statue of Liberty
    Podshock Shirt at the Statue of Liberty
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  (spoiler) Doctors Daughters Preview Thread
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    (spoiler) Doctors Daughters Preview Thread Views: 2260
     Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 05:38 AM EDT
    Hi guys, it's been a while. Hope everyone is well.
    I haven't felt inspired to post for ages, last series was brilliant, but left me feeling a bit flat. I was over the moon to know Tate was coming back and so far this series has not failed as far as I am concerned. And so once again I have the passion to post (weee).

So why this thread?

Well it's a nice juicy and hot topic (come on guys you can't deny Little Miss Mini Doc is hot right?)

but I have an issue. Not with the Doctor having a daughter - as far as I am aware it's always been assumed. Neither do I have an issue with where they are going to take the character - working from the premise that she is actually going to live up to her title and not be a) a figment, b) a cunning 'he's going to get married but not actually get married' Human Nature style type concept, c) human...

But that last issue brings me to my concern.

fyi - This is all based upon the fact that the Doctor (in the teaser) did not look surprised to see his 'daughter' alive. In which case it leaves me with the gaping question 'why hasn't he gone looking for her'?
    For three seasons our dear Doctor has been, for want of a better word, 'moping' over being the Last of the Timelords. So, has he been working on the assuption his offspring died in the Time War? That she is not in anyway a Time Lord? That he was happy with any astrangement that had occured (however it happened) and chose not to go looking for her - surely if there was any chance that she was alive he would have spent the last x years searching Time And Space looking for any sign of her rather than pick up odd humans to fill the void.

Am I delving to deep here again - in general I have found I enjoy who much more if i skirt the surface and don't speculate into canon and or scientific explainations for anything - or am I missing something because I'm not so hot on the Doctor's dynasty canon-wise?

x
    Ever faithfully,

whodovoodoo

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 11:22 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] I just want to point out that I think this is the first time in two seasons that we've had a preview thread prior to the episode being put out there. I think that in itself shows that RTD actually does understand the fanperson (sorry, I'm a chick, I can't call us "fanboys").

Well, he is a fanboy himself after all, so he does understand the fangirls and fanboys out there.... sometimes.

I've been looking forward to this episode the most out of all of them so far, ever since I read the interview with Stephen Greenhorn in DWM, explaining how this episode 'changes' the Doctor. Then once I learnt the story's title I got even more excited.
    It's something I've always wanted to know about the Doctor, about Susan, and how it all ties together.

I'm going to be watching this story with open eyes, no matter what she really is, Susan's mummy or evil clone, but I must admit, I'm hoping it's the first one.

Either way, I foresee this story being talked about for a long time afterwards and becoming a very long podcast too.

bye bye david :(

Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 11:43 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  romana_II]

Either way, I foresee this story being talked about for a long time afterwards and becoming a very long podcast too.

Heh hey!

We'll get Louis over the 2 hour mark on this one! - Nearly did it this week with Darth's help Wink

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 05:16 PM EDT
    total spoiler:

The Time Lord is shocked when a girl starts calling him "Dad". But all is not what it seems as Jenny has been created from his DNA, which has been stolen from him.

that's from dubious news source The Daily Mail
    here

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 05:40 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magpie] total spoiler:

The Time Lord is shocked when a girl starts calling him "Dad". But all is not what it seems as Jenny has been created from his DNA, which has been stolen from him.

that's from dubious news source The Daily Mail
    here

They got the "returns to Earth" wrong...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 09:56 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magpie]that's from dubious news source The Daily Mail
    here

If this is accurate - and that's not out of the question at this point - then it's about as unoriginal as they come and I think I'd be rather disappointed.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 07 2008 @ 02:44 PM EDT

For those outside the UK who want to see the new trailer (it a spoiler of course)

It's been put up on this site:-

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, May 07 2008 @ 04:54 PM EDT
    Thanks for the link!

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 08 2008 @ 01:05 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  silvanthalas]
    [Quote  by:  Magpie]that's from dubious news source The Daily Mail
    here

If this is accurate - and that's not out of the question at this point - then it's about as unoriginal as they come and I think I'd be rather disappointed.

I'm afraid that this is what I've been thinking ever since Saturday... Something about the way the Doctor says, "From me" in the trailer. He sounds more like he's figuring it out than explaining the fact that he has a daughter he's always known about. My suspicion is that she is a product of one of the Master's experiments with Dr. Lazarus.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 08 2008 @ 07:21 AM EDT
    actually I don't think it would upset me if that story turned out to be the case, yes it is slightly cliche, but it would answer all my queries above and alay my concerns.

I think my ideal explaination for her existance would be a little more paradoxical, in that she hasn't YET been born to the Doctor that perhaps she is the offspring of a future incarnation, but but but i have long decided not to pin hopes on my expectations. I guess it breaks down to the whole 'wait and see' adage.

There must be a reason she recognises him though he doesn't recognise her? again only some time-f**kage would explain that away as far as I can see, unless the Master kept a picture in his wallet?

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Thursday, May 08 2008 @ 12:09 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  romana_II]

Heh hey!

We'll get Louis over the 2 hour mark on this one! - Nearly did it this week with Darth's help Wink

Cheers, daveac

Would love to be there but family stuff takes me away from home until between 7 & 8 pm UK Time on a sunday (2 & 3pm EST).

However have just invested in a new headset and mic. So Im hoping to make the Saturday Sci-Fi Audience podcasts. Hopefully starting with Planet Of The Ood. Ill have to re watch it first lol.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 08 2008 @ 02:59 PM EDT
    Just had a wild thought....

Could she be one of the kids the Doctor saw when he witnessed his 'life' as John Smith and she was somehow plucked out of the alternate time line?

That would be interesting.. yes?

Check out HOO on WHO, my podcast devoted to the review of Classic series Doctor Who DVD's. http://www.hooonwho.com

Friday, May 09 2008 @ 01:31 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Dr. Hoo] Just had a wild thought....

Could she be one of the kids the Doctor saw when he witnessed his 'life' as John Smith and she was somehow plucked out of the alternate time line?

That would be interesting.. yes?

Yes- that was my other thought... but I think it less likely than the earlier theory.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored