The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Oh noes not again
    Oh noes not again
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who Collectables »  New figures ordered! WOOT!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New figures ordered! WOOT! Views: 2579
     Saturday, June 10 2006 @ 02:36 PM EDT
    One week ago my wife asked me what this certain charge was on our account. It added up.

So I told her it was probably my Doctor Who order.

Today, Saturday, June 10, 2006, a package arrived at my door containing A Phone Flasher, Moxx of Balhoun, Rose and K9, and Cassandra!

YAY!

They're finally here!

Order went in mid-March.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, June 10 2006 @ 03:21 PM EDT

Just in time for you to place the order for Cassandra & Chip set!!!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, June 10 2006 @ 03:30 PM EDT

You must have quite the collection now Sean. If I started order the figures I would probably catch it form the wife. I spend enough on DVD's without adding more to my Doctor expenses. Just got the Beginning set now I just have to find the time (pun intended) to sit down and watch it. I got through the first part of Unearthly child but that is all I ahve seen so far.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Saturday, June 10 2006 @ 03:43 PM EDT

Here's an item for the "collection" Doctor Who 2006 Screwdriver Bath Fizzers

Saturday, June 10 2006 @ 03:52 PM EDT
    My collection is too large to count. I've been collecting toys for years.

I have oh, about 250 or so GI Joes (the 12" ones) alone, which doesn't get into the hundreds of Star Trek and Star Wars toys, the die-cast Dinky and Corgi vehicles from the 1960s and 1970s...

It's far too large to document.

These are just a few added to it. It was my birthday gift to myself. I ordered near my birthday, and it's been 2.5 months just about...

Sean.

-M-

Monday, June 12 2006 @ 01:07 AM EDT

My biggest problem with collecting is space... I just don't have the room for anything more... I had started collecting science fiction memorabilia as a kid... and continued as a big kid (i.e. "adult")... but in recent years, I just had to cut down. There's no room and then there's the issue of money as well (or lack of it). So as Ken would say, just try to be more 'selective' in what you buy... But after the flood I had last fall, which destroyed so much (which can not be easily replaced)... I am even more weary about buying collectables. That has not completely stopped me. I did buy two of the remote control Daleks earlier this spring. TARDIS money bank, phone flasher, sonic screwdriver, etc... I would still like to get more... but I try to space it out due to concerns over space and of course money as well... but lack of space has really come a big problem now. So much of my collectables are packed away even though I would like to proudly display them simply due to lack of space. Sometimes I rotate things out and put others away to change things around.

I need a flat that is bigger on the inside than the out... Sigh.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, June 12 2006 @ 09:04 AM EDT
    Word, Louis.

I can't display much in my apartment. Most of my toys are in an apartment of their own. I had to rent a storage room for them.

But a lot of them are on display at my office, (and even there some of them are packed into Rubbermaid tubs because my new space is smaller than my old space - can't fit as many shelves around me.)

Sean.

Wednesday, June 28 2006 @ 11:04 PM EDT
    Today my newest Who toy came! This is the 5" R/C Dalek.

I had heard some reviews of it that was a bit jittery in its movement, but I find it's fine. I feared that with it being so much taller than the K9 RC figure that it would be more unstable on its two powered-wheels.

But nope. He's pretty solid and moves nicely.

I love the fact that he speaks from the figure, not from the hand-set (like K9, which I find a bit of a cop-out.)

Like K9, I WISH he lit up, but he doesn't. Still, he's very very nice!

Thanks, WhoNA!

I also bought an issue of the Doctor Who Adventures magazine, which came with a TARDIS plastic-covered notebook. This was for my daughter, and she's over the moon with it. I think I'll buy those regularly.

Sean.

Thursday, June 29 2006 @ 12:28 AM EDT

I had gotten the first few issues of DWA from The Comic Guru in Cardiff. They still have issue 4, which I haven't seen at WhoNA...

Taras

Thursday, June 29 2006 @ 10:29 PM EDT
    Somewhere in my basement are a couple of Dr. Who craft books which included how to make Tegan's boobtube, Adric's yellow dodgeball tunic, Nyssa's sweater a cybermat and a stuffed K9. There were other things too, like knitting patterns. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the box those books are hiding in. The only thing I ever made from them was the K9 and a faux-celery stalk pin that I wore to school but nobody knew what it was all about. (I just now had a flash-back to telling a female teacher with short curly dark brown hair that she looked like the Doctor but now I'm getting off-threadSmile)) Does anybody remember these craft books??

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Monday, July 31 2006 @ 09:23 PM EDT
    I just ordered the latest Doctor Who figures available for Whona, which are the 5 inch version of the new cybermen, Chip and Cassandra, and the 12 inch version of the 10th Doctor in a cloth costume.

With the usual time for shipping that has occured before I should be getting my figures by the end of the week or the early part of next week at the latest.

I can't wait for the TARDIS playset and Cyber Helmet changer to come out soon. Their next on my most wanted list.

psibob

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, August 01 2006 @ 10:24 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magpie] Somewhere in my basement are a couple of Dr. Who craft books which included how to make Tegan's boobtube, Adric's yellow dodgeball tunic, Nyssa's sweater a cybermat and a stuffed K9. There were other things too, like knitting patterns. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the box those books are hiding in. The only thing I ever made from them was the K9 and a faux-celery stalk pin that I wore to school but nobody knew what it was all about. (I just now had a flash-back to telling a female teacher with short curly dark brown hair that she looked like the Doctor but now I'm getting off-threadSmile)) Does anybody remember these craft books??

My girlfriend bought me a copy off ebay a few weeks ago. Couldn't stop laughing! I particularly liked the background images (TARDIS roundels = paper plates) genius!

Excallibur? Blizard? ...Bikini Cops?
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, August 02 2006 @ 10:33 AM EDT

My 12" Tenth Doctor has just arrived from the UK! Hooray! Cool His plimsoles are removable...

Monday, August 07 2006 @ 11:12 PM EDT
    Yeah, I got my 12 inch Tenth Doctor today along with a 5 inch Cyberman and Chip and Cassandra mk. II. Removeable plimsoles but no socks. What's up with that? Very good leg articulation, though.

psibob

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed