The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Sea Devil (Warriors of the Deep)
    Sea Devil (Warriors of the Deep)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  [Spoilers] S4 Ep11 - Turn Left
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    [Spoilers] S4 Ep11 - Turn Left Views: 5581
     Tuesday, June 24 2008 @ 01:16 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  rocko] It's not like the trailer shows any of them intermingling.

You want to see Torchwood people intermingling?

I thought that's what they always do - every chance they get. Rolling Eyes

Cheers, daveac

It would be interesting to see Gwen, Sarah Jane, Rose, Martha, and Donna all in the same room though! Wink

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 24 2008 @ 01:23 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  rocko] It's not like the trailer shows any of them intermingling.

You want to see Torchwood people intermingling?

I thought that's what they always do - every chance they get. Rolling Eyes

Cheers, daveac

Good one. It was good Owen "died" I swear Necriphilia wasn't to far off if he stuck around. It would have been nice if Tosh showed up, the doctor might have had a nice joke or 2 on the pig space man.

I mean pig space man, fake but giant Rhino men, scourge of the universe. Plus the odd half man pig guy can even get a date with the odd dancer in New York.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the Universe." - Carl Sagan
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, June 24 2008 @ 02:46 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  T Baker(notTom)]What are they doing here?

Since we see them with another character we've never seen before, it looks like something else off-world, besides the main menace, will also get involved.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  silvanthalas]
    [Quote  by:  T Baker(notTom)]What are they doing here?

Since we see them with another character we've never seen before, it looks like something else off-world, besides the main menace, will also get involved.

It should be off-world because in "Smith and Jones" the hospital was brought to the moon because they could not come to Earth. Why they did not just go to Earth - I don't know why, but for some reason they didn't.

ANYBODY KNOW WHY? Question

NOTICE: I'm new to forums (this is my first) so forgive me for any ignorance I show.

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  T Baker(notTom)] ANYBODY KNOW WHY? Question

Apparently, it has something to do with the Shadow Proclamation arc thread weaving throught series four, and earlier...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, June 25 2008 @ 12:36 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] I teared up when the Italian (?) family left the house in Leeds for the "labor camps." (I also catagorically hated that we've now had two episodes where humans moved to destroying fellow humans out of fear/paranoia).

Mr. Cribbons is SUCH a pleasure to watch! I'll miss him after this season.

I finally watched the episode and was trying to read through the thread before posting, but I had to concur with this. The scene where the family left for the labor camp and the guy salutes Cribbons' character and he cracks off a salute back with a look of despair on his face. It was just breaking his heart to see what was happening to his country. What a fantastic job he did. And I really thought Catherine Tate did a great job, too. I rate the shows mainly by how much I get sucked into the story. I rank this one up there with Yesterday's Enterprise. The beetle could have looked a little more alien, but otherwise I had no problem with it. I'm wavering between 4 and 5 out of 5.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 26 2008 @ 05:19 AM EDT

some thoughts on Turn Left click here to hear

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 07:20 PM EDT
    Ok. This post will only be tangentially about the Doctor Who episode, Turn Left. As I was walking home from the train station today, I was listening to the rest of the Turn Left Podshock Live (I'm a little behind, too many political podcasts to listen to). Someone was talking about the really big changes that occurred because Donna never met the Doctor.

It got me to thinking. In the Sarah Jane Adventures episode, Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?, the Trickster causes Sarah Jane to die as a teenager. Can anyone remember any episodes from the classic series where Sarah Jane saved the Doctor's life? I'm just wondering if they could have done a similar story there where the world was changed in significant ways because Sarah Jane didn't live. If I recall, they didn't even bring up any of the previous episodes from the SJA (i.e. people weren't still drinking Bubble Shock). Anyone want to do a little Sarah Jane Turn Left speculation?

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, July 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM EDT
    I finally saw "Turn Left" on TV Friday. Thanks to sources which shall remain namless, I did see the original British version, and I finally figured out how they change the running time to fit in US tv. As well as possibly speeding up a few scenes and cutting a few frames here, a few there, off of shots in individual scenes, the following were omitted entirely:

the shot at the beginning where the Doctor and Donna try the local frothy drink
    half of Donna's intro to fortuneteller... it looks like Donna gave in too easily
    the "Beatrice typed" hissy fit Donna had while the hospital was stolen
    the shots where Donna's mom found the hole punch and raffle ticket in Donna's box
    Wilf's speech about unfriendly aliens
    Part of the Titanic Christmas scene, from "madam was up at dawn" to "how was the sofa"
    the Leeds house assignment, until Donna's family is at the door
    Half of the talk between Donna and her mother, including "everyone needs secretaries"
    Rose's speech about Torchwood after ATMOS burn-up
    the 'happy' goodbye from next room neighbors, up to "It'll be quiet when he's gone".
    Donna's trip out and back into the TARDIS, including her silent look-around

I also think the montage after "Turn Right Donna" changed her past was reduced.

I knew you all were interested in the differences, and had mentioned it during the podcast, so here's one episode's worth.

My overall impression was that I liked it, but I didn't love it. Mostly, I didn't love it because of Rose. She was a good companion for the first two seasons, but I was kind of over her. With the perspective of the finale (thank you, unnamed source), I have to ask: what is she there for but to rip the fabric of spacetime and make the Doctor sad?

I think this could have been a stronger episode without Rose, but with Sarah Jane taking a role similar to hers, but hey. It's good for what it was.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored