The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Davros!
    Davros!
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Dull Bee Questions
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Dull Bee Questions Views: 1032
     Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 05:50 AM EDT
    i) Whats the name of the Bees home planet... I cant make it out as DT is talking so fast.

ii) If the Bees were going home.. How would following their trail Lead them to the Medusa Cascade?

Guest Host on the WHOCAST
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 07:04 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast]

ii) If the Bees were going home.. How would following their trail Lead them to the Medusa Cascade?

Wasn't it the Bees - well some bees - were mistaking the trace signal as their signal.

It was the same frequency - the Doctor was then able to isolate the correct path to follow.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 09:16 AM EDT
    I was wondering about that as well - why they were going there. Thanks for the clearing up.

I wonder where and when the Shadow Proclamation is. I'm imagining that bees, even alien ones, do not have faster-than-light(*) travel, so I would think it would take them quite a bit to get out of the solar system, much less provide a trail leading to the Medusa Cascade that quickly. I'm gonna have to rewatch it to find out just what was said - seems odd the bees leaving before the planet goes. I dunno.

(*) Had to change that from "spooling up the FTL drives" - too much Galactica!

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 09:58 AM EDT
    I think for the real, definitive answer to this question we're gonna need subtitles. DT is just talking too damned fast. But basically it sounds like he thinks that whoever moved the Earth was using the same wavelength as the migrant bees to guide the Earth to its new destination. What better way to mask your trail than to use a guideline that's "infinitely small"? He knows there's an extant Tandocha trail from the Earth to Melissa Majoria, the bees' home planet. So he can eliminate that. If he finds another trail on that scale, with the Earth as the point of origin, then he's likely found the trail to Earth. So he goes to the TARDIS to confirm his theory and, hey presto, he's "got a blip".

He's NOT following the bees themselves. He's just using their breadcrumb trail.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 10:59 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon]

(*) Had to change that from "spooling up the FTL drives" - too much Galactica!

Just think if those BSG'ers had to not only find earth, but when they got there, it had been stolen!

Coming to theaters this fall, Frau Blücher and Harpo Marx star in 'The Shadow Proclamation'!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 11:24 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rheimbro]
    Just think if those BSG'ers had to not only find earth, but when they got there, it had been stolen!

Can just see them standing there:

What? WHAT? What the frack?

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 05:58 PM EDT
    Bees are small yellow and black sociable members of the vespiform subspecies. Hailing originally from the planet and migrating to the planet Fintlewoodlewix over 7 million ago.

Mistaken by the local inhabitants as nothing more than

poorly armed Insects, with an innate ability to dance, they were largely ignored until it was discovered that they vomit was surprisingly palatable to most native species.

Bee’s attempts to communicate or implant their portable translation devices into the native species were usually mistaken as attempts to sting humans.

This miss interpretation of events never distracted the Bees trying to make first contact despite a surprisingly high death count on the side of the Bees.

However. The Bees left the renamed planet – now called Earth – Galactic codex Sol 3 - shortly before its removal too the Medusa Cascade.

The last message from the bees was miss translated by a kindly Bee Keeper who assumed the Bee was communicating the location of a bowl of petunias to its fellow drones.

The message was infact.

So long and thanks for all the nectar.

click here to hear.

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 08:23 PM EDT
    Darth, I'm glad it's not just me because sometimes I too have trouble keeping up with David Tennant's fast talking. I've learned that it's not a bad idea to watch the program with subtitles.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 09:59 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast] Bees are small yellow and black sociable members of the vespiform subspecies. Hailing originally from the planet and migrating to the planet Fintlewoodlewix over 7 million ago.

Mistaken by the local inhabitants as nothing more than

poorly armed Insects, with an innate ability to dance, they were largely ignored until it was discovered that they vomit was surprisingly palatable to most native species.

Bee’s attempts to communicate or implant their portable translation devices into the native species were usually mistaken as attempts to sting humans.

This miss interpretation of events never distracted the Bees trying to make first contact despite a surprisingly high death count on the side of the Bees.

However. The Bees left the renamed planet – now called Earth – Galactic codex Sol 3 - shortly before its removal too the Medusa Cascade.

The last message from the bees was miss translated by a kindly Bee Keeper who assumed the Bee was communicating the location of a bowl of petunias to its fellow drones.

The message was infact.

So long and thanks for all the nectar.

VERY nice homage to Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect & THE BOOK!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 11:13 PM EDT
    The bees house the Master's essence.

*shh* Don't tell dave. WinkBig Grin

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 08:17 AM EDT
    Bravo Tin Dog.

Perhaps the bees were so small due to a small miscalculation of scale, and that is why they are constantly being eaten by small dogs.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 11:34 AM EDT
    Someone over at DWF has posted the closed captioning:

DONNA:
    "On Earth we have these insects. Some people
    said it was pollution, or mobile phone signals."
    DOCTOR:
    "Or - they were going home!"
    DONNA:
    "Back home where?"
    DOCTOR
    "The planet Melissa Majoria!"
    DONNA:
    "Are you saying bees are aliens?!"
    DOCTOR:
    "Don't be so daft. Not all of them. (Beat.) But if the migrant bees felt something coming, some danger, and escaped... Tandoka!
    SHADOW PROCLAMATION WOMAN:
    The Tandoka Scale!
    DOCTOR:
    The Tandoka Scale. It's wavelengths used as a carrier signal. Infinitely small! It's like looking for a speck of cinnamon in the Sahara, but look! There it is. The Tandoka trail. The transmat that moved the planets used the same wavelength, we can follow it!"

Now, it has to be said that, like all closed captioning, this does omit some words. For instance, the actual last line includes the phrases, "The Tandoka Scale is a SERIES of wavelengths used . . ." and "we can follow the PATH", and "Infinitely small! No wonder we didn't see it!"

Nevertheless it's good to know the answer is there, even if DT spoke a bit fast to get it clearly on the first viewing.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Friday, July 04 2008 @ 02:02 AM EDT
    ^I know a guy who posts on another who has the screenname DWF!

Yes he's a massive Doctor Who fan as well. Actually that's what it means for him.

Doctor
    Who
    Fan

So there you go.

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, July 04 2008 @ 02:17 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon]
    [Quote  by:  rheimbro]

Can just see them standing there:

What? WHAT? What the frack?

I just finished watching the mid-season finale about 40 minutes ago and that seemed to be what they were thinking.

Eek! I hope that wasn't a BSG spoiler for anyone. I'm a little behind on my BSG watching.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored