The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Excellent!!!
    Excellent!!!
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Christopher Eccleston Era »  Top Five Moments of Series One
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Top Five Moments of Series One Views: 1172
     Friday, April 07 2006 @ 12:26 AM EDT
    Okay, Ken mentioned in the latest Podshock about a great moment between the Doctor and a soldier. So, that begs the question....What are YOUR Top FIVE moments of Series One?

Here's mine....

5. "The End of the World"-Jabe confronts the Doctor saying she knows who he is and empathizes. The Doctor doesn't like to show his emotions but Eccleston shows just enough here to give the character some deep sadness.

4. "The Doctor Dances"-The moment best summed up with the phrase "Everybody LIVES!!" With so much dark edginess to many Sci-Fi shows, it was nice to see a positive ending, which always was the tone of the old shows being more lighthearted and fun.

3. "Bad Wolf"-The beginning starts with the Doctor in a "box" twirling around with techno music. Quickly, we find him trapped in a reality tv show and sitting on the red chair saying, "You've got to be kidding?!" Brilliant!

2. "The Parting of the Ways"-The Doctor sends Rose off in the Tardis back to her time. The Tardis speeds through the space-time continuum with a classical piece of music in the background, perfectly fitting for the mood.

1. "The Parting of the Ways"-The Doctor just finishes his big speech toward the Daleks from behind the Tardis force field. As he, Jack, and Rose re-enter the Tardis with the room full of Daleks screaching "Exterminate", a side shot with the Doctor's face obscured presses against the back of the Tardis doors. For all the bravado, behind the scenes, the Daleks, the sacrifice of Gallifrey, all weigh heavy on him. A brilliant bit of pathos.

And, of course, a Big "Holy Crap" moment when they first revealed that the Time Lords and Gallifrey were gone! At first, I didn't like it. Then, I realized at added a whole new dimension to the Doctor. Ballsy move by RTD. And, who's to say that we might not one day see the Time Lords again?

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, April 07 2006 @ 06:18 AM EDT
    Re: no more Time Lords - have you read the BBC NA "The Ancestor Cell"?

"The stuff of legend"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, April 07 2006 @ 06:17 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  BigAudio] Re: no more Time Lords - have you read the BBC NA "The Ancestor Cell"?

No, what is that?

Friday, April 07 2006 @ 09:24 PM EDT
    First off, my apologies if I misquote, but you'll get the general idea. Here are my personal favorite moments.

5. "Nice to meet you Rose Tyler. Now run for your life!" An exhilirating first meeting with the new Doctor.

4. "I have to say, you were fantastic. And you know what? So was I." The whole episode -- in fact the last two episodes -- were just brilliant.

3. "Right, now where was I? Oh, yeah, that's right. Barcelona!" Now there's a cliffhanger!

2. "I'm coming to get you." That speech in Bad Wolf is the most rousing since Henry V.

and the moment I keep coming back to, the moment that had me laughing with glee even as it sent a shiver down my spine and I knew Doctor Who had really returned...

1. A dungeon like room, darkness obscuring the figure the Doctor is talking to as he offers his apologies and aid. He introduces himself almost casually. In reply, a spine-chillingly familiar voice says, "Doc - tor."

Neil

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Monday, April 10 2006 @ 05:41 AM EDT
    Same as "that Neil Guy" said, sorry about any misquotes.

5. "Do you mind not farting while I'm trying to save the world". You can't beat a good fart gag.

4. "Lots of planets have a north". Being a Northerner I loved this line.

3. "Nice to meet you Rose Tyler. Now run for your life!" An exhilirating first meeting with the new Doctor. Lifted and shifted from Neil's post!

2. Seeing inside the new Tardis interior for the first time.

1. "Doc-tor. THE DOCTOR!!?"Not just one of my favourite Doctor Who moments of this series, but my favourite moment ever! It sent shivers down my spine! And was followed by a brilliant bit of neurotic outburst from the Doctor.

There you go, my top 5. The burping bin was a close number 6. Laughing Out Loud

He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the best..... "Yorkshire is a state of mind"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 10 2006 @ 09:02 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  atomic99]
    [Quote  by:  BigAudio] Re: no more Time Lords - have you read the BBC NA "The Ancestor Cell"?

No, what is that?

It's a book featuring the 8th Doctor. You can read a very extensive review of the book at: here
    But, this is not the Time War that is referred to in Series 1 (pretty sure not). Still, a great book.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 10 2006 @ 11:27 AM EDT
    I've only seen the first two episodes, but "Rose" contains my all-time favorite Dr. Who moment, and I don't think it can be beat. This was the second that I stopped worrying and knew that this series was not only going to be better than all previous Doctor Whos, but better than most stuff on TV today...
    *if you're reading this thread, you must know that spoilers are in every message*

Rose's first entrance into the TARDIS. We see a close-up of her face, then without saying a word, SHE RUNS BACK OUT AGAIN. We then get to see her DECIDE between the monster pounding at the door and going back into the TARDIS. Compare this to (for instance) Dodo's introduction to the series and you'll know what I mean.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored