The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    The remains of the Original K9
    The remains of the Original K9
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Club Matters »  Gallifreyan Embassy -- are there get together..
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Gallifreyan Embassy -- are there get togethers and meetings Views: 1256
     Monday, January 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM EST
    I was just wondering if there are get togethers or meetings of the Embassy any more? Is there info? Thanks

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, January 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM EST

Coincidentally, last night I was just digitalizing some old photos from a couple of our meetings from way back when.

We used to have monthly meetings (alternating between Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York). These were done in public meeting areas, though mostly in homes hosted by fellow Ambassadors (members). In recent years, having an interactive site such as this one and Doctor Who: Podshock has been serving some of what we used to do with local meetings and a printed newsletter, but on a global scale.

Once we tried to come together on a global scale using Second Life (SL) in so that people from all over the world could attend, albeit virtually. I've been talking with Tim Drury about doing it again as it has been some time since we last held a meet up on SL.

Also over the last few years we have been looking into putting together a tavern meet up. Though it would be limited to a geographic location on Earth. So it would not be as inclusive as we would like, but it would be something where at least local fans could attend. We also been saying we would like to do a joint meeting with Doctor Who New York (DWNY). We highly recommend DWNY. We have attended a few of their gatherings ourselves and will be attending future meet ups. They do have one this Wednesday (see our Events calendar). They usually have at least one pub meet up per month. Check them out if you are in the New York metro area.

I am not sure where you are located, if you were looking for something in the Long Island, New York area, there is a local chapter of US Branch of UNIT that holds meetings in Suffolk county.

So until we have worked out the details on our tavern meet up and our next SL meet up, feel free to meet up with other fans by going to one or both of the aforementioned groups, or find one in your area if one exists.

Of course, we also appear at conventions when possible. Next month we will be at Gallifrey 20 in Los Angeles, CA. The week prior to that, at New York Comic Con, though at this time we are just attending NYCC, we are not formally doing anything at the convention.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, January 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM EST
    I live on Long Island would like to see the Gallifreyan Embassy getting active again. Imagine leaving our house for fandom? --Billy

Oh the phantom Piper!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, January 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM EST
    We'll be happy to welcome you to any DWNY Pub Meets, which I like to think of as an NYC Tavern!

The next two are this Wednesday, the 14th, and the Monday between NYCC and Galifrey - Feb 9th.

And our next Video Meet is in Queens, where we'll be showing a story from the B&W era - suggestions can be made on the message board on our website!

Thanks
    Barnaby
    DWNY

If you're in the New York area come join us for Pub and Video meets - http://DWNY.org

Tuesday, January 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM EST
    I'll be there this wednesday for sure. Its a great meetup that I look forward to every month. --Billy

Oh the phantom Piper!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, January 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Billyaxe] I'll be there this wednesday for sure. Its a great meetup that I look forward to every month. --Billy

It was great talking to you again!.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, January 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM EST
    Same here. Those pub meets are alot of fun and quite an education on Doctor Who. Now I'm all set on my plan for my 8th Doctor period to start.
    See ya at Comic con. --Billy

Oh the phantom Piper!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, January 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM EST
    so tghe Embassy desn't really meet monthly or bi weeokly? Thanks for your postings. THe UNIT link did not work though

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, January 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM EST
    the only branch of UNIT i found on a search was in Massacusetts an ther meeting schedule was from 2004 so I guess that's old

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, January 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Chase] the only branch of UNIT i found on a search was in Massacusetts an ther meeting schedule was from 2004 so I guess that's old

I don't think their website is up to date. They held a meeting I believe last April (2008) on Long Island. Bill had posted a notice about it here in our forums at the time. There may have been other get-togethers since than too, I am not sure. I seem to recall seeing a flyer for one when I was at NEFE in November now that I think about it.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, January 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Chase] the only branch of UNIT i found on a search was in Massacusetts an ther meeting schedule was from 2004 so I guess that's old

Oh, there was a meeting September. Here's the thread about it here:

Arrow UNIT Meeting on Long Island, Sunday, September 21, 2008

In that post, Bill Kanas left his email to contact him for details. So I would email him and ask if there are any other upcoming meetings in the area.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, January 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM EST
    thanks

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post