The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Caretaker? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'The Caretaker' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 28th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 311 - 'Time Heist' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Prosthetics
    Prosthetics
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Why David Tennant and Russell T Davies are le..
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Why David Tennant and Russell T Davies are leaving Doctor Wh Views: 813
     Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 06:37 AM EDT

Arrow Why David Tennant and Russell T Davies are leaving Doctor Who (Times Online)

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 07:11 AM EDT

Russell T Davies would love to had done a Doctor Who cross-over with Star Trek. British writers have been wrangled for the new live action Star Wars television series, but Davies isn't saying who (as he is not allowed at this time).

Some interesting stuff in this interview of both David Tennant and RTD together. A nice refreshing change from the standard tabloid articles that seem to stream out on a daily basis.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 09:17 AM EDT
    All I can say is thank God: no Trek Crossover and RTD is not going to do LOST IN SPACE. And he's leaving and David's leaving. Thank God. It is just about past time for them both to go IMO

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 09:30 AM EDT
    oh yeah I have to add taht I like David a lot but I just feel that it is time to refresh the show with a new Doctor and DEFINITELY a new producer/head writer. RTD's done GREAT things with Doctor Who (especially in season one) but there's been far too much trash for far too long IMO (VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED, PARTNERS IN CRIME, STOLEN EARTH, JOURNEY'S END, NEXT DOCTOR, Time Crash)that is mosty written by him or overseen by him. It's far past time for him to go. I t hought in the beginning hewas only staying three years or four. He's far past four IMO

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 06 2009 @ 01:04 PM EDT
    Oh c'mon - RTD is obviously having his usual fun with the Star Trek thing - anything to grab a headline! The dead giveaway is that at the end of the comment he talks about the fun the 2 script depts would have had fighting over the plot and script!

Its a fun interview. Tennant and Davies obviously have a fantastic time working together! And I hope they do again!

I think we're going to be in for a great last 4 hours! They may not be to everyone's taste - but they will be fun and big and I can't imagine not enjoying them Smile

If you're in the New York area come join us for Pub and Video meets - http://DWNY.org

Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 10:16 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Chase]there's been far too much trash for far too long IMO (VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED, PARTNERS IN CRIME, STOLEN EARTH, JOURNEY'S END, NEXT DOCTOR, Time Crash)that is mosty written by him or overseen by him.

Come on dude...you can't fault a guy for an 8 minute mini-episode that he did for charity. That's like a rich celebrity donating one million dollars, and then you bash them because they didn't donate 2 million...

And I'm sure you're aware that the special was written by none other than RTD's successor...

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 11:11 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975]
    [Quote  by:  Chase]there's been far too much trash for far too long IMO (VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED, PARTNERS IN CRIME, STOLEN EARTH, JOURNEY'S END, NEXT DOCTOR, Time Crash)that is mosty written by him or overseen by him.

Come on dude...you can't fault a guy for an 8 minute mini-episode that he did for charity. That's like a rich celebrity donating one million dollars, and then you bash them because they didn't donate 2 million...

And I'm sure you're aware that the special was written by none other than RTD's successor...

Nice spot! Of course, Chase never seems to let details get in the way of a nice attack on RTD! Twisted Evil More's the pity Frown

If you're in the New York area come join us for Pub and Video meets - http://DWNY.org

Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 01:02 PM EDT
    For an article that is "tounge firmly in cheek" it did tell a few things indirectly.

Russell T. Davies answer to the first question gave us a hint to the tone of the remaining specials.

"It's our last chance to have a bit of a laugh. Now the Doctor's facing the end of his life, it's going to get dark".

The quote tells me that the special coming this weekend is going to be the "lightest" in tone for remaining specials - and the intensity will become much darker for the remaining ones, leading up to the regeneration.

I wonder how dark it will get?

Beyond that there really wasn't that much to say about the new episodes because the interview went on to different subjects throughout including returning favorite characters, "Hamlet", future projects, souvenir "pinching", and more.

It's a light read and faily enjoyable.

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored