The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    A decapitated cyberman family tree
    A decapitated cyberman family tree
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Jon Pertwee Era »  Fav Moments from the Pertwee Era
    Prev Topic Next  Printable Version
    Fav Moments from the Pertwee Era Views: 2035
     Saturday, May 30 2009 @ 06:21 AM EDT
    SPEARHEAD FROM SPACE
    So many but when the Doctor arrives at UNIT and gives the guard a hard time AND when he first meets Liz, "Do I really have to call you Miss Shaw?" Personality in droves. ANd yes, the mannekin scene. And the terrific mugging at the climax.

THE SILURIANS
    That attack on Liz, hands down. Pun, apologized for.

THE AMBASSADORS OF DEATH
    Hate to use the one they use in the magazine but...yeah when the Doc is bent over checking a dead body and the alien reaches for him. Then again, I love the scene where the Brig and the Doc are making the aliens work for them invading the TV studio I think. Just unexpected. There's also the bewildering scene of the astronauts being fooled that they are still on Earth...and the Doc interacting with them!

INFERNO
    Many but the brief moment when the Doc and Liz HUG! TIGHTLY.

TERROR OF THE AUTONS
    "I am the Master and you will obey me." The Master's very first appearance. And later, that chair.

THE MIND OF EVIL
    A moment I hate but also possibly the best moment to show how evil the Master is when he runs down a mind defected ally of Jo and the Doctor AND Jo's sad reaction. This is no cold hearted Emma Peel from the AVENGERS who'd step over a dead body...

THE CLAWS OF AXOS
    In this terrible story, the best moment comes at a cliffhanger. The things have just killed a scientist and then come at the Doctor, Jo and another ally...and the Axon comes right up to the screen as it attacks the Doctor!

COLONY IN SPACE
    Memory, memory. I guess when the creature that rules the caves appears. Also Jo's first step outside and her frightened reaction and desire to return home.

THE DAEMONS
    Many but I'm sorry there's only one GREAT MOMENT to pick from many greats: the Doc is in the dig site with Jo, wonderfully explaining more of the excellent plot. Outside, atmospherically and in the daytime, the WHITE Bok---this scene goes against all cliches by being in the day and featuring a white villain instead of having the dark colors associated with the dastardly characters of the pieces---rises from over a hill and stomps down a hillside to enter the dig...confronting and surprising the Doctor, taking him totally by surprise and Jo runs to the Doctor's back as the thing attacks! Greatest cliffhanger ever? Maybe!

DAY OF THE DALEKS
    The Doctor eating crackers and cheese and drinking wine. Yates taking some from Benton. But for me, the kicker is...even though we're expecting them to appear...the Dalek appearing in the tunnel to confront the Doctor. Just great!

THE CURSE OF PELADON
    Anything and everything to do with Alpha Centauri! I love how the Ice Warrior and Jo are so irritated by his non stop chatter that they both have to yell at him by calling his name out to stop him ranting. Also: the statue falling in ep1...and the TARDIS falling down the mountain...

THE SEA DEVILS
    The Doctor and Jo crawling through the mine field, chased by a Sea Devil. This just about beats the Sea Devils rising from the sea...but then there's the Master throwing that knife, the swordfight and him watching TV!

THE MUTANTS
    I love the planet scenes here, they look so different from what's gone before...but the air lock scene or that hole blown in the side of a room...not logically done but such a good cliffhanger...then there's the mike that appears as the Doc talks to a guard...

THE TIME MONSTER
    Kronos destroys Atlantis. But hands down it's the chat between Jo and the Doctor during their incarceration in Atlantis where he cheers her up.

THE THREE DOCTORS
    "I maint call you Jo main't I?" Almost everything Patrick does. And Jo asking both Doctors who that was on the screen after the First vanishes from the image. Both doc 2 adn 3 say, "Me. Me!"

CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS
    Another slow moving one but the best thing is when the Drashigs appear and Jo is stuck in the mud and/or when they crash through the side of the scope wall! Great monsters and with a great sound.

FRONTIER IN SPACE
    Is this the one where the Doc is in civvies and stuck on the Moon in jail? Anything set there. Also: him using his karate to escape a Draconian interrogation. And the motorcyle/mini bike chase.

PLANET OF THE DALEKS
    The Doc telling one of the Thals not to glorify war when they get back to Skaro as it will just make it seem adventurous. Telling him to remember those of their number who wn't be returning. Jon is excellent in this scene.

THE GREEN DEATH
    A few. And the Doc dressed up as a woman AGAIN! Anyway, the end scene with the Doc leaving Jo's wedding party...but the best is probably when the maggot, jaws opening, grossly, moves behind an unsuspecting Jo Grant! Great cliffhanger!

THE TIME WARRIOR
    The Sontaran face revealed. Great!

INVASION OF THE DINOSAURS
    Mike revealed as a traitor. That proves this show has surprises up its sleeves. Then later or before, Mike saves the Doc from a T Rex!

DEATH TO THE DALEKS
    When the Doctor and the alien first see the city of the Exillons. But I can't recall much else to be honest.

THE MONSTER OF PELADON
    Sarah finds the Doctor and thinks he's dead. But Alpha Centauri trying to save Sarah Jane from a human villain. The alien is trying to save the companion from a human enemy! And again, anything Alpha does is just great!

PLANET OF THE SPIDERS
    The entire chase scene, all of it across two episodes. And of course the rengeneration but just before it is GREAT. We see a throroughly depressed Sarah lamenting the loss of the Doctor chatting with the Brig, who seems to be going between accepting the Doc is gone for good secretly in his mind or/and denial that the Doc will show up. Sarah's greiving for sure and her, "We'll never see him again," to be followed by the familiar groaning wheezing of the TARDIS BUT the best moment is when Sarah tries to explain who Cho Je is and she makes a mess of it, adding, "I think..." AND the Brig says, "Thank you Miss Smith, that explains everything quite clearly..." or something like that. Nick and Lis just make what could have been boring into a FAB, great scene.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM EDT
    In Terror of The Autons when the plastic troll comes to life, when the Sea Devils come out of the sea & the thought of invisible Daleks in Planet of the Daleks gave me nightmares when I was a kid. Wonderful stuff Eek!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM EDT
    Invisible Daleks is a great scare!

I also thought of one more: I think it's in FRONTIER IN SPACE when Jo resists the Master's hypnosis and tells him off and he...is impressed by her!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 10:26 AM EDT
    THREE DOCTORS - terrific banter

3rd Doctor: "I am he, and he is me"
    Jo: "And we're all together, goo-goo ca-choo?"
    3rd Doctor: 'What's that"
    Jo: "A song from the Beatles"
    2nd Doctor w/ recorder: "Oh really? How's it go?"

Yes, I still have the rubbish beard!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 10:28 AM EDT
    MIND OF EVIL

I think it's this episode, but there's a scene when UNIT attacks the cell block of prisoners and the Brigadier shoots about three prisoners in cold blood. I guess it's not funny, but after you watch it a few times, it does seem a little silly. Still, it's awesome!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM EDT
    THE CLAWS OF AXOS

Bill Filer telling the Master "Go to Hell!"

By the way, the typical depiction of the 'foul mouthed American / gung-ho tough guy' does not go unnoticed.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 10:59 AM EDT
    One of my favorites is also considered to be an iconinc scene:

In the Deamons we have Briagadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart tell his marksman:

"That fellow over there, the chap with wings. Five rounds rapid."

(...of course referring to Bok who was blocking UNIT from helping the Doctor)

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM EDT
    No it is not in cold blood, they all had guns poised to kill him. Or the Doc

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored