The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Travis with Cast & Crew at Gallifrey 2006 (1 of 2)
    Travis with Cast & Crew at Gallifrey 2006 (1 of 2)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Peter Davison Era »  Fav Moments from Peter Davison's Era
    Prev Topic Next  Printable Version
    Fav Moments from Peter Davison's Era Views: 1769
     Saturday, May 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM EDT
    CASTROVALVA
    All of it, every moment. Really. But if I had to pick one for creep factor: when the Adric ghost appears to Nyssa while the Doc is sleeping and implores her not to turn around...then vanishes when she does...Matthew's not the best actor, we all know that but I love him anyway and his inexperience often makes Adric the nervous self confident teen...but here it makes the ghost scene unnerving...

FOUR TO DOOMSDAY
    Wow. I guess the part I like the most is when Adric turns against the Monarch. And stops the big nasty lady. I do have a worst fav part from this but not now.

KINDA
    Wow. All of it. Really. I guess if I have to pick one it would be the Doctor opening the box as he sits with Todd and Adric in the cage. Secondly, Adric trying to give the stupid Doctor the key while the Doctor has no idea what he's doing.

THE VISITATION
    A lot of it. Really. Perhaps when Adric sulks, "And I try so hard," followed by Tegan's jib at the Doctor, "A broken clock can tell time better than you. At least it's accurate twice a day." Also Tegan's bluffing to the aliens, "he talks alot about Guilford. I think he comes from Guilford."

BLACK ORCHID
    I used to love this story because for a long time it was the only "historical" I ever saw but it's not really is it? Anyway, the cricket game is probably my fav part or maybe the parts before it with all the double entrendre about drinks, The Master, and the other Doctor...and the near jokes about Nyssa and Adric's places of birth...

EARTHSHOCK
    Don't know. Maybe Adric's line, "You know since his rengeneration I think he's becomes decidedly immature..." Brilliant. And then outside the TARDIS as the Doctor says he will talk to Adric but he's not going into E Space and he turns to go inside but Nyssa says, "no, of course not Doctor," and she and Tegan turn from him and snigger and he turns back to face them. It shows how unlike the 4th Doctor he is and how not in control he is. Which of course foreshadws that he's a stupid Doctor who can't save his own friends but no matter that's another story. SO the fav moment might just be when...well, Adric gets the best leaving scene of any companion and DWM certainly makes note of this in that every time some comp is in trouble, it's just possible they might end up dead. In DOOMSDAY I still that nagging thought that they might just kill off Rose indeed. On the other hand, Adric's death might just be the day DW died for me...I loved the character and this is not the thread to go into that here but it's either the worst thing they did or the best. Suffice to say that the repurcussions didn't last longer than a quick scene in TIMEFLIGHT.

TIMEFLIGHT
    Probably the scene where Tegan cries for Adric and she and Nyssa plead with the Doctor to go back and save Adric. He can. He won't. He's a dick.

ARC OF INFINITY
    Wow. Hard to remember any of this. Or anything good from it. Maybe this is it: the Doctor, unable to control anything or anyone, tells Tegan that the man that Omega just bumped into is allright. The chase continues but Tegan and Nyssa behind her both stay by the man to see if he is allright. The Doctor has run ahead already but he flies backto them, "I SAID HE'S ALLRIGHT."

SNAKEDANCE
    You know, I like this story but I can't for the life of me think of one scene that's special. I guess the Doctor meditating. That's different if nothing else. The rest is kinda embarassing.

MAWDYRN UNDEAD
    Tough one. I guess the same as the DWM: the scene where the Brig remembers the past. The rest is shit. Turlough is crap.

TERMINUS
    Uhm. Pass. No, really, pass. I guess Nyssa's crap leaving scene is the best part. Or maybe the Doctor getting the crap kicked out of him.

ENLIGHTENMENT
    All of it. Almost. Capt Wrack talking to herself. The Doctor eating a dinner and being left alone by everyone. He stays and eats. And the first cliffhanger. A good story among crap ones.

THE KING'S DEMONS
    The first episode. Really. It's pretty good. The joust. Tegan eating meat. The cliffhanger is pretty good. And the sword fight in the second is pretty good. The rest of the second ep is crap. All of it. The song is crap too.

THE FIVE DOCTORS
    Alot of it. All of it. The Second Doctor visting the Brig. Sarah's frustration at finding herself with the Third Doctor. The First Doctor's nastiness and interplay with Tegan. The Brig knocking out the Master. The Yeti. The daring do of the Third Doctor. The Third meeting the new Master. The Cybermen attacking the Fifth and the Master. Just gold, all of it. Well most of it. Rassilon is crap.

WARRIORS OF THE DEEP
    That lady kicking the Myrka. No. Just kidding. Mine is a Myrka scene though: the end of the second cliffhanger: Tegan is just freed and joins the Doctor at the locked, sealed door. Janet's acting and Peter's too is just great here. I feel their fear. "They've sealed us up!" "Brave heart, Tegan." "Brave heart? That thing's gonna kill us!" ROAR! Pan across both their faces. Just great and only because of their acting.

THE AWAKENING
    I pick two because I love this story. In one, the Doctor is telling Jane all about how the earth will end if the Malus breaks on through and takes control and then pokes her nose or something and says, "Cheer up." ! The other is Turlough saying, "We're running out of places to hide." With Tegan saying, "The story or our lives!" While all the major characters are confronted with ghosts with swords who can kill and do!

FRONTIOS
    I guess the hat hanger being taken from the rubble. BUT also the Doctor acting as a Doctor. That is nice to see for once. Also the fact that he says he doesn't know something and always wanted to go back and check on it. Not a bad story either.

RESURRECTION OF THE DALEKS
    Tegan's leaving scene, hands down, played nicely by Peter and Janet. I once saw this without any sound effects or music.

PLANET OF FIRE
    I don't know. Not a bad story really but...perhaps seeing the Doctor out of his uniform. And all the men around a busting out Peri and not noticing...hummmm. There's also a nice part when the Doctor says to the Master who is shruken something like now you know how it feels.

CAVES OF ANDROZANI
    The ship crashing back down, the Doctor running. The finale where he runs through explosions to get Peri back inside the TARDIS...other than those scenes and the brilliant regeneration, the rest is very very overrated.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 10:50 AM EDT
    CAVES OF ANDRAZONI

More terrific banter:

Jek to Doctor: "You have the mouth of a prattling jackanapes!"

Stotz to Krelper: "By Krelper"....BANG BANG BANG BANG!

Morgus to Timmon (referring to death of the president) - "It could have been worse....it could have been me!)

Yes, I still have the rubbish beard!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM EDT
    I like this scene in "Planet of Fire". This is when the Master has taken over Kamelion and has caught up to her, but she has an important component of the TARDIS. Peri threatens to destroy it if he doesn't keep his distance and during the banter we get this:

Master / Kamelion: You will obey me!

Peri: Negative.

Master / Kamelion: I am the Master.

Peri: So what! I'm Perpugilliam Brown and I can shout as loud as you can.

Outright defiance to the Master - I love it!!!

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM EDT
    <<<<<<< Peri: Negative.
    Master / Kamelion: I am the Master.
    Peri: So what! I'm Perpugilliam Brown and I can shout as loud as you can.
    Outright defiance to the Master - I love it!!!>>>>>>>

For me, it depends on how I feel while watching this: at times, I smile somewhat from it but I don't love it really. At other times, I'm just annoyed by it. The role of companion went far downhill when they cast yet another Earth girl after so many different, innovative companions from Leela to Romana to Adric to Nyssa...

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored