The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    One of the Cat People nurses
    One of the Cat People nurses
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Christopher Eccleston Era »  Fav Moments from the Chris Eccleston Months
    Prev Topic Next  Printable Version
    Fav Moments from the Chris Eccleston Months Views: 1956
     Saturday, May 30 2009 @ 07:54 PM EDT
    ROSE
    "Run for your life!" is the one the DWM picked so that's mine too but I have others. As Rose and the Doctor talk and walk their conversation is pretty funny. "Is is a price war?" "No, they're here to replace you and take over the planet."

Then there's the whole' "He gay and she's an alien" thing. ANd the whole medley of scenes where we see Rose's routine...and that run at the end...just brilliant way to start a show...Jackie in danger from bride Autons were delicious. Jackie is a good character.

END OF THE WORLD
    "You look at em; and they're aliens. They're so alien. The aliens are so alien." The Doctor makes a joke about the Deep South. "So where are you from then?" Which leads to a Doctor tirade and Rose yelling, "Tell me who you are!" Then the last scene, which the magazine also mentions when he starts to open up and Rose wants chips. I tell ya RTD used to be able to do emotional character scenes like no body can and that DW never did before, not this good and not this open. ANd that music is just so great!

THE UNQUIET DEAD
    "I'm so glad I met you." "Me too. We'll go fighting yeah." or maybe..."Where to, past or future?" Just great. Or the end with Gwenyth's sacrifice and the trio of survivors outside the fire. Very visual and very stunning. Or maybe it's when the Doctor snarls at Rose for not accepting his alien rightness and rejecting her own wrongness...BUT SHE'S CORRECT in what she wants and the Doc lets the Gelth come in...nice move dumbo Doc.

ALIENS OF LONDON
    Jackie smacks the Doc. Later on the roof, Rose says, "She slapped you." "900 years of travling in space and time and I've never been slapped by someone;s mother." "It hurt!" "you're so gay!" "every converation with you goes mental."

WORLD WAR THREE
    the cliffhanger is just great but way too long. Jackie on phone to the Doctor, "I've seen this life of your's Doctor, and maybe you think it's all clever and cute but you tell me is my daughter safe?" ANd just before that to Rose on the phone, "Since that man walked into our lives, I've been attacked in the streets, I've had creatures from the pits of hell in my own living room and my daughter disappears from the face of the Earth." Just great dialog and the only reason to recommend this story at all. The pigs, the spaceship hitting the Twin Towers (oops), the farting, all shit, even that stupid politician yelling, "TAKE ME FIRST" can't damage this story thanks to that scene with Jackie, oh and Mickey has some great things to do too.

DALEK
    It's one big giant GREAT MOMENT. No really. The Daleks are powerful monsterous murderers again. And that one can kill all these people! "Don't blame yourself." "What good are emotions if you cannot save the woman you love!" "Great big alien death machine, defeated by a flight of stairs." "Elevate!" Just great! "It's not the one pointing the gun at me." Just fanstastic!!!

THE LONG GAME
    Nothing. I think that Adam's story would have been better if they left the original motives in: that Adam's dad is sick in the present and Adam wants to send back info to cure him. That makes Adam look more sympathetic and makes the Doctor look like a C words or the Pr word. Which he does anyway in this. So yeah, not a good scene at all.

FATHER'S DAY
    WOW! All of it again. Sad but great acting, writing, directing, and the music is great. It had me in tears by the end. The man playing Pete is a great actor and his sacrifice at the end...truly amazing. And "Don't touch the baby."

THE EMPTY CHILD
    Rose puts her hand out, "Show me yur moves." That whole scene with Glen Miller music playing. "Thats not his name. He's not a real captain. He's been defrocked." "I would have loved to have seen that. Your feet are on the end of your legs, yo may want to move em." And so much more. This whole story is a great moment. "You know I've traveled with a lot of people but you're setting new records for jeopardy friendly."

THE DOCTOR DANCES
    The Doctor dancing scene at the end is uplifting. Was the Doc not going to save Jack until Rose asked about him? A great ending to a great story and the Doc shooting the nanogenes, changed, at the others. Just a great upbeat finale, for once!

BOOM TOWN
    The Doctor sprays Blon Fel Fotch in the mouth as she tries to poison him with some kind of gas from her mouth. Thoughtful and funny at the same time, their dinner scenes are just marvelous. Mickey showing up Rose for the selfish female dog that she is!

BAD WOLF
    Can't recall a lot of this only to say that the build up was great and funny at times. The end scene of the Doctor telling the scared Daleks no was also well done.

PARTING OF THE WAYS
    Rose gets kissed, the Doctor music plays and he is regenerating. While Rose watches. A great ending to a great era.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 11:33 AM EDT
    I will choose this one as a favorite from Christopher Eccleston:

Near the end of "The Doctor Dances" we get this line from the Doctor:

Doctor: Everyboy lives, Rose, this time everybody lives!

Its not that often we have everybody alive at the end of story (except those who lost their lives in the war, but what more can you do in the setting)

PS: I may have gotten a couple of words wrong because I'm doing this from memory but the gist is there.

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 11:49 AM EDT
    Yes I totally agree with that. That was a chilling moment with good goosebumps for once!

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored