The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Supanova Dr Who cosplay 3
    Supanova Dr Who cosplay 3
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Tom Baker Era »  Fav Moments from Tom Baker Era
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Fav Moments from Tom Baker Era Views: 803
     Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM EDT
    As I"m reviewing these at the moment I'll keep these brief, as if I know the meaning of that word:

ROBOT
    The end when the Doc says, "There's no point in being grown up if one can't act childish." And offers Harry a jelly baby and then takes it back when Harry doesn't believe a police box can go careering off into time and space.

ARK IN SPACE
    The Doctor blasting Sarah for being a stpid girl he should nver have relied on. And his whole the human race speech.

THE SONTARAN EXPERIMENT
    His background chat with Sarah and Harry. "Sarah, allright, no don't tell me, there isn't time." And "Never throw anything away Harry" right after "It's a mistake to clutter one's pockets, Harry."

GENESIS OF THE DALEKS
    The interrogation scene.

REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN
    The Doc and Sarah tied back to back and twirling around to each see the view of the biggest bang in history. Also, "Allright, allright, we surrender."
    and "I think I saw him smile."

TERROR OF THE ZYGONS
    The thing sneaking up behind Sarah while she's on the phone and grabbing her shoulder as she turns and screams while the music rises to a crescendo and into the cliffhanger theme song...

PLANET OF EVIL
    "Don't you ever get tired of being pushed around?" "Frequently" and the explanation of why they can't just leave.

PYRAMIDS OF MARS
    "I walk in eternity" and of course the face to face with Sutek. ANd the Mummy strangling or nearly strangling Sarah. "Return to control!"

THE ANDROID INVASION
    uhm, can I come back to this one later? I'm sure there's something I can find.

THE BRAIN OF MORBIUS
    When Solon lies about Sarah's blindness to the Doctor. And all the cliffhangers.

THE SEEDS OF DOOM
    Putting Sarah's arm out for the opening Krynoid Pod. And the cliffhanger where a double sized man thing comes at the Doctor and Sarah. ANd anything the Doc says to Scorby. "Mindless..." "A bit like Scorby here". "Go on laugh it up. While you can."

THE MASQUE OF MANDRAGORA
    The Doctor trying to debunk the Count's stupidity. Also when he tries to ask the peasants about Sarah and they all run away and he continues to ask them. And him putting the apple on the sword point.

THE HAND OF FEAR
    "Say hello to the lady, Sarah." "HI," says Sarah, all scared and wide eyed. Brilliantly played. ANd all the I worry about you and the last scene of Sarah's leaving...

DEADLY ASSASSIN
    Anything with Engin.

THE FACE OF EVIL
    Alot. "Kill him with this deadly jelly baby."
    The Doctor's anger after the savage stabs Leela with a Janus Thorn and him calling the man names. Also how the Doctor feels he underestimated the main religious savage.

THE ROBOTS OF DEATH
    "I must kill Leela. "I must kill Toos." "I must kill the Doctor." And "I'm sorry I thought it was a rhetorical question" or was that UNDERWORLD. The whole inverse quotient of the brain and the size of the mouth or was that also UNDERWORLD. "Please do not throw hands at me' and "That was me!"

THE TALONS OF WENG CHIANG
    Pretty much all the cliffhangers and the point when Syn jumps on the Doctor's back.

HORROR OF FANG ROCK
    Leela changing in front of Vince.

THE INVISIBLE ENEMY
    Leela stands on something inside the Doctor's head.

IMAGE OF THE FENDAHL
    Pretty much all the cliffhangers. Ma Tyler in a trance. Leela falling to save the Doctor and ending up under him! "You are very heavy."

THE SUNMAKERS
    "Run Doctor! The tax man!!!" "Why did you run?" "He ran first. I guess because you did. Why did you run?" "I don't know." "Perhaps here everyone runs from the tax man." To which Cordo nods yes.

UNDERWORLD
    "We're the first intelligent and semi intelligent beings to ever witness this," or was that INVISIBLE ENEMY? Anyway when Leela is upset for everyone making fun of her. "I should wipe your stinking smiles off your stinking faces!" Hurt and upset and revengeful. And Louise is brilliant.

THE INVASION OF TIME
    Much. "And u can keep your stinking President Elect, also!" "All the boring people, the guards and the Time Lords." "Have you got a screwdriver?" "The bathroom?" And so much more.

THE RIBOS OPERATION
    "I'll call you Romana." "I don't like Romana." "It's either Romana or Fred." "Allright, you can call me Fred." "Allright, come on, Romana." And then he falls into a net trap. and while swinging Romana accesses it.

THE PIRATE PLANET
    So much. The scene where the Doc confront Capt about what he doing, which is pretty much what the DWM used. But also ALL Tom's foolery here with the guards but the best is in the mine itself when the Doctor whispery tells what's happening and throws the rock down...to be followed by a good chase scene.

THE STONES OF BLOOD
    Romana going over the cliff.

THE ANDROIDS OF TARA
    "Oh and Grendal, you forgot your hat." And: "The Count's just offered me the throne!"

THE POWER OF KROLL
    "I have a fairly decent idea of who it is they're sacrificing, I mean Romana's not the easist of guests." And, "Introduce me as someone wise and wonderful who wants to help." and the cliffhanger with Kroll coming up out of the water, it's a giant monster!

THE ARMAGEDDON FACTOR
    Doc with eyes rolling, "I have the key to time. Are you listening ta me Romana? Cause if you're not listening I can make you listen." And on and on and then Romana hitting him playfully because he was teasing her.

DESTINY OF THE DALEKS
    "I'll go alone, ask me why." "Why?" "Cause they're all unconscious also I'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing." And the Doc and the Movellan bowing to touch heads. "they used to be human themselves."

CITY OF DEATH
    "Darling no one is as stupid as he seems."
    "Capt. Tancredi?" "heard of him?" "No."
    "You know what I don't understand..." "I expect so."

CREATURE FROM THE PIT
    "Who are these, the undertakers." And when Adrasta threatens to Kill Organanon and the Doc does not give in but is sorry for the old man and shakes his hand goodbye.

NIGHTMARE OF EDEN
    "Della indeed!" And the revelation of the Drug's origins. And' "Go away, go away." to the scientist behind the drug running.

HORNS OF NIMON
    "YOU call this a maze, it's a cheat!"

THE LEISURE HIVE
    Can I come back to this one?

MEGLOS
    Oh dear. "give a wag of his tail." I guess when Barbara gets shot and Romana tells him she saved their lives and he tells her, "Come on, we've got other lives to save." The Doc's coldness from Pyramids of Mars comes back to mind as he steps over bodies to save others, not stopping for more than a minute.

FULL CIRCLE
    Adric. "I am Nefred, I am " so and so followed by the blithe and musical comedic moment of the Doctor saying, "And I'm the Doctor!"

STATE OF DECAY
    Adric. Plus, "There are many guards" and the cell talk and "you're marvelous" and so much more. "Didn't you ever hear of what goes up must come down?" "no," adric says, staring at the giant vampire hand.

WARRIORS' GATE
    Adric. Geeze all of it. The whole "If I"m not back in 15 minutes" schick and "I'ts high time you started following orders" bit. Funny stuff and a great story with great new ideas.

KEEPER OF TRAKeN
    "that's the silliest thing you've ever said."
    "Shh, shh, don't listen to me, I never do. Come on."
    And the Doctor grabbing Adric from behind and totally scaring him.

LOGOPOLIS
    All of it. Yeah, really. The end, the start, the middle. The great new ideas. The Master. Adric. Nyssa. I love the Doc's bemused looks and frazzled look as Tegan rants. He shuts his eyes and looks as if he can't stand her voice. Nor can I. Anyway, great story. The flashbacks look coy now but then they were quite welcome and warm...

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM EDT
    I'm all about wicked banter and just slightly over the top performances

GENESIS OF THE DALEKS:
    Davros to Daleks "Let them live....have pity!"
    Dalek: "PIHH TEEE...I have no understanding of the word!"

PYRAMIDS OF MARS:
    Sutekh to the Doctor: "You're Evil is my Good!"

ROBOTS OF DEATH
    Doctor to D84: "Professional Interest? Or morbid curiosity!"

I love that line, I don't know why - but I do!

TALONS OF WENG-CHIANG
    Doctor to Leela: "No more janis thorns!"
    Greel: "Let the Talons of Weng Chiang SEER YOUR FLESH!"

RIBOS OPERATION
    Onstaf: "They'll say, Binro was right!"
    Graff: "Chelack! The Jethrik....they know!"

Yes, I still have the rubbish beard!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic