The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Nicola Bryant at Who in the Cavern 3
    Nicola Bryant at Who in the Cavern 3
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Doctor Who: Podshock »  Podshock 56
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Podshock 56 Views: 871
     Sunday, October 29 2006 @ 11:28 AM EST
    No-ones started this thread yet, after a long break from Podshock, I'm back and have caught up with episodes! YAY!

Just one thing, James, Goblet of Fire is the FOURTH movie out of the SEVEN books written by Jo Rowling, not the LAST film/book.

Surprised! Surprised! Surprised!

"Now Brigadeer, have I ever led you astray?" "On many ocassions!" "Ah.. well... this will be the exception!"
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, October 29 2006 @ 12:42 PM EST

I believe what James may have meant is that it was the last film which was released... as in the most recent film in the series.

James can correct me if I am wrong though.

Cheers,
    Louis

P.S. - Are they going to be seven films??? The young actors would have well matured beyond their characters ages by the time the seventh is produced I would think.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, October 29 2006 @ 09:16 PM EST
    I believe I heard in the commentaries to Goblet that indeed they plan to do all seven. Though the final book has yet to be released, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to depict them as actually being in school anymore, so as long as they appear as "young adults" they'll be okay. The actors aren't under contract to do all seven, though, as Emma's comments on the cast interview feature seemed to indicate that she felt obliged to return for Goblet because of what she had invested in the character.

That said, the original deal between Rowling and Warner Bros. was only for the first four films. The remaining three have all been optioned individually, and separately. At present, they have only optioned up to the sixth, which has a release date of late 2008—just a year-and-a-half after the release of Five. This fast release cycle owes much to the fact that Five and Six are being produced semi-concurrently.

Technically the Seventh film is still off the table. But the chances of them not finishing the septology are slim to none.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 01:19 PM EST
    fantastic episode! I must say that the last few episodes have benefitted greatly from the new leaner, denser format. I was an advocate of you taking as long as you needed, but I really love the current formula. Episode 56 was excellent, maybe because I was mentioned for my crow dot ho promo. No, only joking.
    until Louis runs out of innuendos, I'll be listening.

Heath Holland

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 01:30 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  hdutch007] fantastic episode! I must say that the last few episodes have benefitted greatly from the new leaner, denser format. I was an advocate of you taking as long as you needed, but I really love the current formula. Episode 56 was excellent, maybe because I was mentioned for my crow dot ho promo. No, only joking.

Thanks... I think we should really go forward with the Crow Dot Ho series... if nothing else we should an audio promo for it to play during the show Big Grin

The next episode of our podcast (#57) is a bit overextended I fear... It still needs to be edited but it may come in at 2 hours... unless what I may do is take a particular segment out and release it separately as an Aftershock episode to bring it down to around 90 minutes or so. We'll see once I get further in the post-production process of it.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 02:27 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    [Quote  by:  hdutch007] fantastic episode! I must say that the last few episodes have benefitted greatly from the new leaner, denser format. I was an advocate of you taking as long as you needed, but I really love the current formula. Episode 56 was excellent, maybe because I was mentioned for my crow dot ho promo. No, only joking.

Thanks... I think we should really go forward with the Crow Dot Ho series... if nothing else we should an audio promo for it to play during the show Big Grin

The next episode of our podcast (#57) is a bit overextended I fear... It still needs to be edited but it may come in at 2 hours... unless what I may do is take a particular segment out and release it separately as an Aftershock episode to bring it down to around 90 minutes or so. We'll see once I get further in the post-production process of it.

Cheers,
    Louis

Well, it's not necessarily the time I'm referring to as much as the density of the content. There are very few wasted statements. If 57 is where you discuss the two Torchwood epsiodes, by all means, don't give it short shrift. 2 hours is still reasonable, especially considering all the hubbub surrounding Torchwood. I think it deserves to be explored at length. Heck, pick it apart!
    I'll leave it in your capable hands. Regardless of the length, the show has gone from being a little decompressed to being at the top of it's game.

Heath Holland

Saturday, November 04 2006 @ 08:57 PM EST
    Very much enjoying the current podshocks. Great to have you guys back on form.

As I was listening to Podshock 56, with Mike talking about the promos for the Series 2 starting on CBC, it reminded me of watching the 2006 promo on YouTube. I remember it not being quite as awesome as "Trip of a Lifetime" (but really, what could be) and having the impression of it being made up of clips. It looked very exciting - lots of running around, and a "vapor trail" special effect on David Tennant that reminded me of the bad guy in "The Chronicles of Riddick"; even Billie Piper speaking in David Tennant's voice. I distinctly remember saying to myself, "Wow! I can't wait to watch those!"

Now I have actually seen the 2006 series (several months too late) and it doesn't seem to me that any of the clips from the promo appeared in the series. Am I right about that? And if I am, should I be disappointed?

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 05 2006 @ 03:35 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]Technically the Seventh film is still off the table. But the chances of them not finishing the septology are slim to none.

I think I read on the SF weekly news on scifi.com that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) and Rupert Grint (Ron) have already committed (perhaps unofficially) to all seven films, but Emma Watson (Hermione) has not.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored