strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_node_status::operator_form() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::operator_form(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/gallifre/public_html/vortex/sites/all/modules/views/modules/node/views_handler_filter_node_status.inc on line 13.

• Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro   6 years 49 weeks ago

A new Radio Free Skaro episode!:

In a noteworthy Wednesday cutaway, Radio Free Skaro enlisted the help of some of our LGBT listeners to hold a discussion on the recent uproar about Torchwood: Children of Earth (about which there will be spoilers!) and the perceived homophobia many in the fandom community say it presented. Many thanks go to our own Katrina who leads the panel with listeners Erik and Nat in delivering an hour of informed discussion about this fandom reaction.

Check out the site, or get the:

Direct download

Check
    http://www.radiofreeskaro.com for your Radio Free Skaro needs!

iTunes users can subscribe
    here.

• Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 155   6 years 49 weeks ago

I just checked the BBC America website and found new wallpapers for the 'Torchwood: Children of Earth' series. These are different from the ones pictured above.

There are currently four available with two more to come soon. Here is a link to the page with the wallpapers:

(too bad it's not a full desktop theme)

And since I'm already there I'll add this link to thier 'Torchwood' homepage;

Enjoy! Smile

• Being Human Season One   6 years 49 weeks ago

If you live in the US and want to see the show - starting on the 25th of July BBC America (and it HD counterpart) will begin airing the series.

It's premire airing will be at 9:00 PM (EDT).

Here is a link to BBC America's website about the show:

Enjoy!Smile

• Being Human Season One   6 years 49 weeks ago

I understand that Being Human was renewed.  I hope that remains true.  It really was great television.

• Hoo On Who Episode 11 is online!   6 years 49 weeks ago

Will do Louis!

I couldn't remember if I'd posted about the podcast on the 3.0 Podshock site yet or not.

Also, I guess I should have placed it under the 'Other Podcasts' category instead of 'General Doctor Who'.

Sorry about that!

David

- Ian 19             - Zoe 15                - Romana I 3         - Barbara 10
          - The Brigadier 23
    - Jo Grant 19         - Victoria 8
    - Sarah Jane 22   - Harry 17 (-2)       - Jamie 24            Leela 19 (+1)
    __________________________________________________________________________

13. Tegan
    14. Stephen           15. Ben                 16. Vicki                 17: Polly
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    22. Rose                23. Peri                  24. Ace                 25. Martha
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• DEMONS season one   6 years 49 weeks ago

Not really an 'opinion' when it lost millons of viewers each week and was panned by everyone who had seen it, ITV pulled the plug a while ago.  Thank god!

• DEMONS season one   6 years 49 weeks ago

Okay how do you embed a youtube clip?

After grabbing the embed code, you should be able to embed it here using the "Filtered HTML" Input format (you can change input formats below the message text field. Though, I am not sure if I tested out embed codes in that input format, I may need to do some administrative stuff to enable this.

Actually, taking a quick peek right now at what is allowable in the Filtered HTML, I don't think it allows for embedding. I will need to work something out to enable it for more than just moderators, bloggers, and editors. Sorry.

• DEMONS season one   6 years 49 weeks ago

Okay how do you embed a youtube clip?

• Hoo On Who Episode 11 is online!   6 years 49 weeks ago

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your latest episode. Like the other podcasts posting their episodes here, I am going to ask that you keep it all to one thread. It will make it easier for listeners to find your latest if it's all in one place.

Thanks.

13. Tegan
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• DEMONS season one   6 years 49 weeks ago

Has it been renewed? Hope so. It's just fun entertainment which is what  I like but both what you said and what I said are just in our opinions.

• DEMONS season one   6 years 49 weeks ago

Sorry Chase but this is the worse series we've produced for a while and i'm including Bonekickers in that!  It's so badly written, I think I could do a better job, in fact I know I can!  The series just jumped on the Buffy bandwagon but was 5 years too late and set in the wrong country.  I would much prefer to see a drunken Phil Glenister kick some demon arse, without the use of guns and a questionable American accent.

In fact I suspect that the expense behind this series affected the decision to renew Primeval, which is a million miles better than Demons.

Can't believe you like this and not Torchwood!

• Russell T Davies In-Route to America; Torchwood Future Uncertain   6 years 49 weeks ago

Hey, BBC!

Over 6 million viewers spent a week riveted to this story. What's there to check?

Taras

- Ian 19 (+1)       - Zoe 14                - Romana I 3 (-2)   - Barbara 10
          - The Brigadier 23
    - Jo Grant 21           - Victoria 8
    - Sarah Jane 22       Harry 19          - Jamie 24              Leela 18
    __________________________________________________________________________

13. Tegan
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   6 years 49 weeks ago

Why not give us a rundown of your top Hartnell stories, Dave?

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   6 years 49 weeks ago

Just letting you guys know that these posts are being read.

The Planet of the Giants was of of my favs.

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   6 years 49 weeks ago

Quote from Chase: “The Doc and Vicki are getting along; Ian and Barbara seem to be having a romance of sorts and things just seem so...dangerous and yet relaxed all at once. It's like...well, like traveling in a time machine should be...”

I really like this point which Chase makes as it sums up just how I felt about the Romans. What a splendid story. I have been so impressed by so many of the Hartnell stories up until now and had never seen the Romans. In fact, after looking at some of the mixed reviews (something I must learn not to do), I was preparing myself not to like it at all. How wrong I was. This has jumped right up there into my all time list of favourite stories.

I really liked:

·         The beginning – jumping a month forward after the end of the previous episode and the TARDIS covered in vines and mysterious, looking much like one of the ancient ruins which Rome would one day become.

·         The fact that the crew have been there for a long period of time. More and more it is something which bugs me about later stories that the Doctor lands, has an adventure and buggers off again in the space of 24 hours or less. And yet if all of the Doctor’s stories are to be believed about the friends he has made throughout history and the skills which he has learnt then he must have spent some time staying put in a particular space and time. Don’t get me wrong, I know that narratively watching the crew have a nice time for 25 minutes may not make for the best viewing but to allude to this time or to imply that some time has passed before an adventure naturally occurs gives the stories more of a sense of realism. I think that’s what I liked about the beginning to School Reunion, for example.

·         The time travellers wearing the clothes of the time. Just a personal thing but I always like this.

·         The weave of humour and darkness worked really well for me and wasn’t at all jarring. In fact, I felt that the lighter moments highlighted the tension at other points in the story. When Barbara and Ian are enslaved there is a real sense of foreboding, as if this time their luck had finally run out.

·         The Doctor – he’s a new man without Susan – maybe not having somebody refer to him as Grandfather all the time has breathed new life into the old fella. Action hero, mischief maker and just like his tenth incarnation, actively seeking out and enjoying the adventures that he finds himself in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Doctor chuckle so much.

·         Ian and Barbara at last seem to be displaying signs of the relationship which we have suspected (hoped) would happen between them. And about time. Loved the fridge jokes and the mock fights. Loved the scene where he steals a jug from the villa as a Roman souvenir.

·         Again a fine cast of supporting characters with strong motivations.

·         Just about everything! Except...

What I didn’t really like:

·         In a word, Vicki. What was the point of her in this story? It really does seem that a third companion is just one too many for a four-part story. She spent the whole story playing the spare wheel, demonstrating no real personality and haing little to do with the main plot development. It’s a shame. I’m not saying that I don’t like the actress, it’s just that she is used badly in my opinion.

But a resounding 10 out of 10. Again. Loved it! Go and buy it and watch it immediately!

- Ian 18              - Zoe 14                - Romana I 5 (-2)   - Barbara 10
          - The Brigadier 23
    - Jo Grant 21           - Victoria 8
    - Sarah Jane 22       Harry 19          - Jamie 24 (+1)      Leela 18
    __________________________________________________________________________

13. Tegan
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• Tom Baker is back as the Doctor!!!!!   6 years 49 weeks ago

When looked at critically (as opposed to fondly or emotionally), Tom Baker's readings of the recent-ish Target novels havent been as good as some others. Don't get me wrong, they're listenable enough - but many of the other books have been better read.

I was slightly surprised at that because if anyone remembers his linking narratives for the very first Doctor Who BBC (Troughton) audio cassettes, he was excellent (and some of the subsequent narrators would've done no harm in listening to those).

That said, he remains the top Doc and anything new that involves him will be a complete treat.

• Website Troubleshooting   6 years 49 weeks ago

It doesn't surprise me that certain thing are being cut off temporarily.

Like a new baby - a new website will have 'teething problems'. We just have to work our way through them - and those of us who are not working on the problem, we must be patient while these problems are being worked out.

- Ian 18              - Zoe 14               - Romana I 7          - Barbara 10

__________________________________________________________________________

14. Stephen 0 (-2)  15. Ben                 16. Vicki                 17: Polly
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

How do you rate Doctor Who: The Brain of Morbius? (5=Fantastic)