strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_node_status::operator_form() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::operator_form(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/gallifre/public_html/vortex/sites/all/modules/views/modules/node/views_handler_filter_node_status.inc on line 13.

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Those are all still just suppositions, guesses, and opinions on  your part!It was a ratings flop can also be taken as an opinion but also a fact so I'll give you that but no where do you say that it was that you said "in fact"  you suspected...well was it a suspected thing or a fact? Did you know for sure the expense affected the decision...

and the decision was to NOT renew Primeval...if that show wasn't an expensive flop too, maybe it would have gotten renewed of its own merit.

So all of what you are saying is not a fact, it's your opinion, just as mine is that PRIMEVAL could be taken to be just as much an expensive flop too. It has three years to win over an audience and in MY OPINION, it didn't but I don't have the facts of the ratings from last year's PRIMEVAL to the first and third to show decrease or increase. Even if I did and I didn't have privy to the minds of those cancelling and renewing, anything I saw is an opinion.

• THE FIVE DOCTORS   7 years 21 weeks ago

Okay another good part. Lots of Cybermen get killed in various ways: lasers, spears, blasted. I dn't understand why the Cybermen didn't see Tegan the First Doc in the hallway nor why the Cyberleader didn't see the Master had picked up a Cybergun, there was no way he could hide the bulk of it.

Despite this and other flaws, this part is very entertaining and filled with action bits, mostly involving the Third Doctor. The Second Doc and the Brig get to continue their little comedic duo, in caves under the tomb and with a Yeti left over from the games...is it a real Yeti? If so then why is it mean? Is it a robot yeti? Either way, well done as the Doc rummages through his pockets, finds jelly babies and puts them in the Brig's pocket! Neither wants to go through a door that might lead to a trap.

Sarah and the Third Doctor avoid this story's original creation, the well remembered, innovative Raston Warrior Robot, which just decimates the other group of Cybermen. They also use its rope to slide across to the Tomb's roof. Sarah is just wonderful here, the correct mix of complaining, warmth, humor and fear. She's probably the most human female companion the Doctor ever had. Inside she displays irrational fear, as does Tegan with the First Doctor, who laughs it off after telling her what she feels. The appearance of Liz and Mike is interesting just to see them but they're illusions...same as the trick in TIME-FLIGHT and I wish they could have found another way to use Liz and Mike and in the next "episode" Jamie and Zoe. Still, it is good to see all four of them.

THe First Doc doesn't know the Master for some reason. The Master says believe it or not we were at the academy together, which means they were there but not necessarily in the same capacity. Did someone or something mess with the Doctor's memory?  Or just the First Doctor's? How did the Third recall the Master in TERROR OF THE AUTONS then? If you look at this too hard, it doesn't really jell but why bother? It's not a major plot point.

Love Tegan calling the First Doctor, "Doc" and him snapping at her, "Kindly refrain from referring to me as Doc!"

The Gallifrey scenes are shorter here, I think or they seem shorter and the Castellan is shot dead...and does NOT regenerate, so Time Lords that are shot don't just regenerate (RTD!) here but they do in Big Finish Alt Doctor stories and in the new show (LAST OF THE TIME LORDS)...

Again, another good part. A good celebration...also a good mystery, I had no idea who was doing these things although I did suspect Flavia or one of the guards...  the original idea was to have the First Doctor be the traitor ....as he wasn't really the First Doctor...

• THE FIVE DOCTORS   7 years 21 weeks ago

The Five Doctors 2

I know this was shown as a long movie, and it went by fast and it was very enjoyable. Anyway in this part Sarah Jane remeets the Third Doctor and ther'es no BOO HOO you left me, I thought you were dead, you were my life bull garbage. Sarah never changes and her lines here are funny, and her annoyance at being dragged here is funny and her confusion is just as good as it was in PLANET OF THE SPIDERS when he regenerated. Her interplay, in fact, everyone's interplay is just well done. You see, crossovers need a story and there is one here and a mystery besides and it also needs time to have the characters meet who haven't yet or have but a long time ago. This does all of that marvelously.

The First meets the Fifth, who also remeets Susan and they interact with Tegan and Turlough. At the time this was first on, my cousin was a little boy and he found Tegan's interaction with the First Doctor quite funny. I found the First Doctor excellent here. Tegan is most funny when interacting with him and not at all the nag of previous stories or seasons. Her "Hang on a minute" when asked to get refreshments is funny as is the Fifth's reactions to the First and vica versa. I think the First finds the Fifth a bit out of his depth and he rolls his eyes often.

The Second gets to sing a song and his interaction with the Brig as they make their way into the Tower or to the Tower is spot on. "Are  you in pain, Doctor?"  The Brig asked as the Doctor sang the nursery rhyme. "Age hasn't mellowed you, Brigidier." Just well done and a terrific spotlight for Troughton (unlike THE TWO DOCTORS).

The Cybermen: there seem to be more than two dozen milling around and after The Third Doctor (Who never really appeared with them although they made brief cameos, ever so brief in THE MIND OF EVIL (I think) and CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS. Sarah also gets to meet the Master and the Master has a brilliant scene with Jon's Doctor who is in Bessie. Ainley is in top form in this entire story, even in the duller Gallifrey conference scenes. "A universe without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about."  He's THAT good in this.

The location stuff still looks great the Death Zone looks misty, gravely, field-ish, forest-like, stoney, and wet. And the cast carry on like troupers.

Davison is touted, often, as the Doctor who works on Gallifrey. Well, that maybe be true, however it might be true because he and they are boring. When he gets tranmatted via the Master's recall homing device, he gets to go to Gallifrey or rather out of  Gallifrey's death zone (some confusion remains in the script as to the Death Zone being out of Gallifrey or part of Gallifrey, even being in the Heart of the Time Lord paradise whatever that means but for the most part it seems the Death Zone is on Gallifrey so how can Flavia return to Gallifrey from the Death Zone in the ending?). Anyway the Gallifrey scenes in the High  Council Chamber are not terrible, nothing here is but ...they slow things down considerably. When the Castellan mentions the Doctor wants revenge it could do with ARC OF INFINITY's sub plot.

Either way, this story is still very well done and this "episode (as it was shown in some places as episodes later on after the first airing as a 90 min movie)"  is as good as the first. One thing that is annoying is that Susan and Turlough are afraid a Cyberman bomb can destroy the Tardis ? do they know something we do not? I guess maybe just maybe one of their bombs can be designed to damage a TARDIS...

In any event, the joy at seeing the Master with the Cybermen and Susan with Turlough and all the rest is just one aspect of this special story, which truly is special. How the show can carry on as normal after this is beyond me. Then again, this season saw the Master, Omega, the white and black Guardians, the Master again, the Mara...and now all this...and truthfully I didn't mind one bit. I found it added to the DW mythos and helped Davison find his feet.  Troughton and Pertwee seem to have a ball doing what they do best and it shows. Hurndall as the First is jsut as good and has difficult shoes to fill but he does it admirably and to be honest, he was, for me on first viewing, just the best thing about this. I love a hero who is old, cranky, and bossy. It's so...British....or at least it was. Nowadays British heroes are love lorn vampires and/or small magical boys, nothing wrong with that but for once, I liked that an old man could be the main character in a science fantasy show. Or a little man like the Second Doctor.

Oh and Gallifrey, or at least the Death Zone, has a paved road apparently with a street sign!

• HARRY POTTER 6 (spoilers)   7 years 21 weeks ago

I don't think the books are bad, they're just not my cup of tea. Also thanks for the info. Are there short stories in the Potter universe?

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

If read my reply properly I say that the FACT that this series was an expensive flop, probably affected the desicon to renew Primeval,  Has Primeval been renewed?  No, so therefore the mistake that was Demons made ITV edgy about big budget dramas and they wielded the axe.  It's hardly rocket science!

Demons was an expensive mistake, millions of people thought it was crap and didn't watch it the week after.  There's your FACTS.

• HARRY POTTER 6 (spoilers)   7 years 21 weeks ago

I've read all the books in the series and I've seen all the movies to 'Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire'.

I don't know how much the movie diverges from the book but the death of a character close to Harry was a bit of a surprise (when I read it). It sets up a big change for the last book. The last book is so massive that there will be two movies to encompass it all.

Lots of times I find it easier to read the book because there is usually more character development that you can get when watching a movie - not to mention all the parts that are cut to fit in the time constraints of a movie. If you look at the books there is something missing from every one in the movies.

Any way the projected release dates of the movies are:

Part 1 - November 19, 2010

Part 2 -  July 15, 2011

Please note that the dates are subject to change.

Big stuff coming!

Look out for it!

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

It still is an opinion. A fact would be: Demons had lower ratings, number wise, than Doctor Who did. A fact would be: Demons was on ITV and now won't be. A fact is NOT: This was the worst produced show we've had in a  long time. That's an opinion. My opinions are just opinions, not facts. When I say TORCHWOOD is trash, it's trash to me in my opinion. I think that and believe that. That's not a fact. A fact would be that TORCHWOOD season 3 ended with CHILDREN OF EARTH day five. And if everyone tuned out of DEMONS because they hated it, that's not a  reason to say that the statement "it's is a terrible show" is a fact because "It's a terrible show" is still a comment of opinion. A fact is: made up numbers 100000 people did a survey and they started watching DEMONS on Monday night but tuned out of it because they didn't like it. That's a fact. IF researched and given evidence. And from that research you can form an opinion that DEMONS is not well liked or that DEMONS is terrible. You can't say that DEMONS sucked is a fact from that. DEMONS sucked is still an opinion, no matter how many think that or agree with that.

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Frm what you wrote above it sounds like Primeval was renewed? When did that happen or didn't it?

- Ian 19             - Zoe 16 (+1)        - Romana I 1        - Barbara 10
          - The Brigadier 23
    - Jo Grant 19        - Victoria 6 (-2)
    - Sarah Jane 22   Harry 18             - Jamie 24            Leela 19
    __________________________________________________________________________

13. Tegan
    14. Stephen           15. Ben                 16. Vicki                 17: Polly
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    22. Rose                23. Peri                  24. Ace                 25. Martha
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II

18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro   7 years 21 weeks ago

A new Radio Free Skaro episode!:

In a noteworthy Wednesday cutaway, Radio Free Skaro enlisted the help of some of our LGBT listeners to hold a discussion on the recent uproar about Torchwood: Children of Earth (about which there will be spoilers!) and the perceived homophobia many in the fandom community say it presented. Many thanks go to our own Katrina who leads the panel with listeners Erik and Nat in delivering an hour of informed discussion about this fandom reaction.

Check out the site, or get the:

Direct download

Check
    http://www.radiofreeskaro.com for your Radio Free Skaro needs!

iTunes users can subscribe
    here.

• Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 155   7 years 21 weeks ago

I just checked the BBC America website and found new wallpapers for the 'Torchwood: Children of Earth' series. These are different from the ones pictured above.

There are currently four available with two more to come soon. Here is a link to the page with the wallpapers:

(too bad it's not a full desktop theme)

And since I'm already there I'll add this link to thier 'Torchwood' homepage;

Enjoy! Smile

• Being Human Season One   7 years 21 weeks ago

If you live in the US and want to see the show - starting on the 25th of July BBC America (and it HD counterpart) will begin airing the series.

It's premire airing will be at 9:00 PM (EDT).

Here is a link to BBC America's website about the show:

Enjoy!Smile

• Being Human Season One   7 years 21 weeks ago

I understand that Being Human was renewed.  I hope that remains true.  It really was great television.

• Hoo On Who Episode 11 is online!   7 years 21 weeks ago

Will do Louis!

I couldn't remember if I'd posted about the podcast on the 3.0 Podshock site yet or not.

Also, I guess I should have placed it under the 'Other Podcasts' category instead of 'General Doctor Who'.

Sorry about that!

David

- Ian 19             - Zoe 15                - Romana I 3         - Barbara 10
          - The Brigadier 23
    - Jo Grant 19         - Victoria 8
    - Sarah Jane 22   - Harry 17 (-2)       - Jamie 24            Leela 19 (+1)
    __________________________________________________________________________

13. Tegan
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Not really an 'opinion' when it lost millons of viewers each week and was panned by everyone who had seen it, ITV pulled the plug a while ago.  Thank god!

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Okay how do you embed a youtube clip?

After grabbing the embed code, you should be able to embed it here using the "Filtered HTML" Input format (you can change input formats below the message text field. Though, I am not sure if I tested out embed codes in that input format, I may need to do some administrative stuff to enable this.

Actually, taking a quick peek right now at what is allowable in the Filtered HTML, I don't think it allows for embedding. I will need to work something out to enable it for more than just moderators, bloggers, and editors. Sorry.

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Okay how do you embed a youtube clip?

• Hoo On Who Episode 11 is online!   7 years 21 weeks ago

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your latest episode. Like the other podcasts posting their episodes here, I am going to ask that you keep it all to one thread. It will make it easier for listeners to find your latest if it's all in one place.

Thanks.

13. Tegan
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Has it been renewed? Hope so. It's just fun entertainment which is what  I like but both what you said and what I said are just in our opinions.

• DEMONS season one   7 years 21 weeks ago

Sorry Chase but this is the worse series we've produced for a while and i'm including Bonekickers in that!  It's so badly written, I think I could do a better job, in fact I know I can!  The series just jumped on the Buffy bandwagon but was 5 years too late and set in the wrong country.  I would much prefer to see a drunken Phil Glenister kick some demon arse, without the use of guns and a questionable American accent.

In fact I suspect that the expense behind this series affected the decision to renew Primeval, which is a million miles better than Demons.

Can't believe you like this and not Torchwood!

How do you rate Doctor Who: The Brain of Morbius? (5=Fantastic)

L.I. Who 4