• [SPOILERS!] Ep 4 'Day Four'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Wow is all I have to say. I can't believe this one ended the way it did. I know I had a few tears. No matter what people say about RTD's writing with the last couple of seasons of Doctor Who this proves he still has high quality stuff in him. Hopefully he keeps it up for the end of his Doctor Who tenure. With the way things have gone I really hope this isn't the end of Torchwood, I know I'm itching for more now than the five episodes they are giving us this year.

• [SPOILERS!] Ep 4 'Day Four'   5 years 10 weeks ago

It was nice to see Nick 'voice of the Daleks and Mr Big Finish' Briggs playing a cabinet member (Rick Yates) too!

Yes, I was delighted to see Nick Briggs as well. Good to see him on screen, speaking with his own voice.

• [SPOILERS!] Ep 4 'Day Four'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Wow. Yet another triumphant episode of Torchwood: Children of Earth! Day Four puts you back on the edge of your seat, I position I was last in with Day Two.

Unfortunately, I had to remove myself from the Twitter stream until I saw it because of spoilers on the loose. Even those tweeting about spoilers on Twitter are just as bad as those doing the spoiling in the first place!

So I knew something was up for one particular character ahead of time. Not the nitty gritty details, but enough to guess what was coming.

Be that as it may, it was still a thrilling episode. So far the whole mini-series is very theatrical.

My only real problem with this episode was the Government giving in too quickly. I know that was the point in painting them to be weak self-serving no-back-bone politicians, but it would had been nice to see at least a few wanting to fight the threat before giving in so quickly. What did Zod say in Superman II? Ah yes, "No one who leads so many could possibly kneel so quickly." I felt they all did kneel too quickly here.

Still, a fantastic episode in the story. It all concludes tomorrow, with Day Five. Looking forward to it.

P.S. What became of the Weevils? Did they all perish in their holding cells when the Torchwood hub exploded? They are still some roaming the streets I suppose. Not that I am missing them by any means.

- Ian 16             - Zoe 14                   - Romana I 9          - Barbara 11
    - Vicki 4 (-2)             - The Brigadier 21     - Stephen 7
    - Jo Grant 19       - Tegan 3
                     - Victoria 8
    - Polly 3
    - Sarah Jane 19
    - Ben 6                    Harry 18               - Jamie 21
    Leela 18 (+1)

__________________________________________________________________________

18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    22. Rose                23. Peri                  24. Ace                 25. Martha
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

To Doctor Whoovie:

Sorry about the points from before. I didn't notice that we had posted at the same time.

TroyEmbarassed

• My dac100 YouTube site hi-jacked by aliens!   5 years 10 weeks ago

You must tell us how Trinny and Susanna did it, you look great!  Pitty they could not fix that creaky chair, erm....  neck of yours.  Be seeing you.

Thanks namariee , looks like Troy and I were posting about the same time.

- Donna 15 (+1)
    - Vicki 6                   - The Brigadier 21     - Stephen 7
    - Jo Grant 19       - Tegan 3
                     - Victoria 8
    - Polly 3
    - Sarah Jane 19
    - Ben 6 (-2)              Harry 18               - Jamie 21
    Leela 17

__________________________________________________________________________

18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   5 years 10 weeks ago

I didn't do it in those because I reviewed DAY ONE AND TWO together so I didn't know where to put those so I started a new thread.

• Mawdryn Undead   5 years 10 weeks ago

The guy who plays Silver in SAPPHIRE AND STEEL appears in a loin cloth but dn't let that put you off, he's a good actor who puts acting to good use here, fooling Nyssa and almost Tegan into thinking he's a regenerated Doctor...actually no one mentions regeneration until part 3 but the girls see him with a diffrent face and still think he's the Doc wthout mentioning regeneration.

Still, this is the best ep of this schlocky story. The bits that take place in 1977 show some urgency thanks to Janet Fielding and Nick Courtney and they seem to take place at the same time/different time as the bits in 1983. Davison and Courtney also do a good job in relating the Doctor's first meeting with the Brig since TERROR OF THE ZYGONS and, for once in this story, the music is really really really great as the Brig remembers Yeti, Daleks, Cybermen, and Zygons as well as the faces of the other Doctors. It's odd seeing it from this end, now and here as opposed to not seeing any of those stories except ZYGONS before seeing this one. In fact, I saw ZYGONS and dthen saw this and then saw all the others, INVASION last (as a good deal of it was missing--now there are only two eps missing)! I also like the Doctor reminding the Brig of his companions, assistants, Jo Grant, Sarah Jane, and Liz Shaw, recalling them in that order. Too bad no flashbacks went along with those. The Doc seems to think The Brig should surely remember Liz Shaw.

Turlough: another problem: his whole background. The headmaster says he deals with a solicitor (I think from London) and that Turlough has no parents. As far as I know we never hear of this solicitor again and never find out anything about that at all. So in the style of THE POWERS OF MATTHEW STAR, Turlough, it is later revealed, is a prince of some sort of some alien planet, though he doesn't act like it at all. Hiding. Here on Earth. Okay. Poorly plotted and poorly done. Anyway there's a strange "dream" undream scene whre the Black Guardian acts like the headmaster. Turlough shrieks like a first grader. I REALLY dn't like him.

Anyway the cliffhanger is pretty creepy and scary to boot but not really that scary. The make up with the alien head is odd and the "doctor" still has scars on his face.

Anyway the best ep of this flat story.

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   5 years 10 weeks ago

Chase there are already threads for these.  Why couldn't you post in them?

• SNAKEDANCE   5 years 10 weeks ago

Two actually: Peter Davison needs to cut his fingernails and I love when Nyssa just waves to him from the cave entrance!

• [SPOILERS!] Ep 4 'Day Four'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Back from the pub - so watched the midnight showing on BBC HD.

This was even better - 11 out of 10.

Top notch SF - no if's, but's or maybes about it.

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   5 years 10 weeks ago

Still pretty good, brilliant that the surviving Torchwood had to become criminals. Rhys is still very funny and I can't get why Jack would turn the 12 children over but I guess we shall find out, probably the aliens would have taken more if they didn't get the 12. These aliens are a slimy bunch ad I can see how having the Doctor here would just negate most of the story and atmosphere. I mean what are those gas breathing aliens doing in there? What's all the goops hitting the windows. I must say this made me want to watch more, which is more than I can say for most other TORCHWOOD episodes from seasons 1 and 2 (and again, not all of those were terrible either).

• How do you rate Torchwood: Children of Earth - Day Four (5=fantastic)?   5 years 10 weeks ago

10 WEEVILS!

• [SPOILERS!] Ep 4 'Day Four'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Wow, just wow.  When I think this mini-series can't can't any better - it does!  I've been well and truly stunned by the quality of this series.  It makes me wonder why they couldn't have produced something like this for series 1 and 2.

Great acting, great SFX, if this doesn't win any awards then it's the biggest injustice since Doctor Who series 2 was voted the 'best drama' over Life on Mars.

It was nice to see Nick 'voice of the Daleks and Mr Big Finish' Briggs playing a cabinet member (Rick Yates) too!

Before I sign off - I'll bet anyone a tenner that Romana II shed a 'tear or two' at a certain 'death scene', even I was speechless at it, it was that good.

• [SPOILERS!] Ep 4 'Day Four'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Well you can't knock RTD for this one. So far...

• Doctor Who Movie   5 years 10 weeks ago

Hopefully it will star Matthew Smith and be written by Scott Moffat, not those other two people!

• From the Beginning: The Second Doctor   5 years 10 weeks ago

I would say off the cuff that 2 and 3 and maybe 10 are instantly likable. But at the time in my age when I read about the First Doctor I thought he's be a funny old guy to travel with  in time and space and he was crafty enough to be interesting when seeing him against others. 7 might have been instantly likable if he weren't in two of the worst stories of all time TIME AND THE RANI and PARADISE TOWERS. I am also sort of partial to the 6th Doctor for that defining moment : when he started to strangle Peri! Thank you 6th Doctor!

• Doctor Who Movie   5 years 10 weeks ago

All these reports about a movie announcement at SDCC sprang out after we speculated about it in Doctor Who: Podshock. Hmm..

Included Doctor Whoovie's previous votes here:

- Vicki 6                   - The Brigadier 21
    - Stephen 7        - Jo Grant 19             - Tegan 3               - Victoria 8
    - Polly 3 (-2)      - Sarah Jane 19         - Ben 8
    Harry 18
    - Jamie 21 (+1)        Leela 17

__________________________________________________________________________

18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

- Ian 15              - Zoe 14                   - Romana I 9(-2)          - Barbara 11
    - Vicki 6                     - The Brigadier 21
    - Stephen 7        - Jo Grant 19              - Tegan 3                - Victoria 8
    - Polly 5              - Sarah Jane 19         - Ben 10
    Harry 18(+1)
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 17

__________________________________________________________________________

18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• Possible twist at the end of CoE   5 years 10 weeks ago

Alex - my thoughts were that the 'hitch-hikers' were found in bodies that would turn out to be some the 12 children (now grow-up) that were handed over to the aliens in 1965

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 3 'Day Three'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Good episode again. Definitely keeping my interest. Wondering about the 456 a lot. They want the kids, eh? Kind of reminds me of that early Star Trek: TNG episode of that world that kidnapped the children off the Enterprise because they couldn't have their own anymore. I also have a feeling that Ianto is going to buy it soon.

• From the Beginning: The Second Doctor   5 years 10 weeks ago

I must agree with your opinion of the doctors so far, Doctor Whoovie. It also took me a while to warm up to the First Doctor, but I found the Second Doctor instantly likeable. So far that has only happened with Pat Troughton, Tom Baker and David Tennannt for me.

- Ian 15              - Zoe 14                   - Romana I 11          - Barbara 11 (-2)
    - Vicki 6                     - The Brigadier 21
    - Stephen 7        - Jo Grant 19 (+1)        - Tegan 3                - Victoria 8
    - Polly 5              - Sarah Jane 19         - Ben 10
    Harry 17
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 17

__________________________________________________________________________

18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 3 'Day Three'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Still great and again loving all the character moments in it

What's up with the 456 through.... somebody give it a bucket.

THOSE DAMN BEANS!!! Ianto was being so forceful and brave too.

But I still can't shake this terrible terrible feeling that someone is going to die tomorrow ever since I read someone say that on LJ.

I've had a gut feeling even before this series started, that Ianto wasn't going to survive it. Especially with the whole "You'll watch me die" speech from Ianto to Jack in this, my fears are deepening. As much as I would be sad, I'd prefer if it was Gwen or Rhys or even Alice... just not Ianto, I love him too much :(

Expect one very very devestated fangirl with lots of capslock crying tomorrow if this proves to be true.

How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)